The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
revis is a mercenary, goes to the team that will pay him the most money, while i would have loved for him to stay with the Pats, no way in hell they could pay that money for him.. :/

39 mil guaranteed first 3 years...

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Revis is smart. Hes a 30 year old corner who will drop off the face of the planet in a year or two and he just reamed the Jets....again.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They got a Mariota deal lined up already. Only reason.
God I hope so. The thought of another year of Mark Sanchez at QB - after Bradford tears another ACL and dislocates his shoulder taking a pregame shit on opening day - makes me want to cry. I mean hell, I like Sanchez, but he is filler for a few weeks if someone gets hurt, not a guy who is going to lead a championship team. Mariota probably isn't that guy either, but hell, you never know.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did NFL GM's watch "Draft Day" and think...this sort of shit would be fun?

If legit I'd do it if I was Tampa.
How tuhe fuck could you not? Your options are Brees, Winston, or Mariota... Unless the deal also involves ALOT of handjobs, I dont see how it makes sense.... Unless the Saints assume they can trade the pick.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hahaha Jason Worilds retired, what a moron. Steelers and Giants both laughed at his requests to be paid 7-8m a year.

Aditi Kinkhabwala ? @ AKinkhabwala 3h 3 hours ago

Jason Worilds has clear idea what he wants. Both Steelers, Giants think that price too high. Told:"We're not paying $1 million per sack."

And in the realm of left fieldness what ifs

Iggles trade Bradford + something for Kaeperdick~

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I don't believe for a second the Saints will dump Brees. That is just moronic.
The Saints and the NFL milked all they could out of Hurricane Katrina and how the Saints were the team of destiny to heal the broken city blah blah blah.....Brees has no further use, time to dump his ass.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Damn, Revis is good. Went to Pats just for one year to get his ring
Can't blame the guy, he is a future hall of fame player with a ring. Might as well get payed. Can't say I'm shocked the Pats didn't want to pay him and I'm pretty sure they'll contend and the jets will be in the shitter regardless of Revis.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sad to see Revis go, because the Pats could have used Revis for another year of two. That offer from the Jets was too good to refuse though for a 30y old player.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Eagles replacing other CB spot with another former Seahawk/Oregon Duck:

Eagles reached agreement with former Giants and Seahawks CB Walter Thurmond

radditsu

Brees is old and costs a ton of money. Saints are going to suck. Why not trade him and get the cap room and start over?

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
The value of a player is mitigated when you have to cut too deeply in other places in order to pay him. Jets have Revis for 5 years and in that time, they really can't afford to pay a top half QB. They need a bargain or to strike rookie gold. The Jets have Revis, but they will still finish, at best, 3rd in the conference. They got him to put people in the seats and appease the fan base, not to win games. In a couple seasons the bloom will be off the rose, the Jets will still be in the basement, and they will have a 70 million dollar 33 year old Corner in a league where the wideouts keep getting younger and faster.

Next, the AFC east is going to require lots and lots of good Offensive linemen. Low quality back ups will kill a team with the murderous DLines across the board. You cannot overpay in this league and hope to sustain any amount of success. This is why the Patriots have been able to maintain a high level. They never overpay, and they choose depth over big named free agents or overpaying veteran talent.

Oh, and they have Brady and Belichick.

radditsu

you know they paid revis to keep him out of sexy rexys hands. Dat bills D with Revis would hurt.