The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Look if you can't acknowledge that there's confusion, and at least 2 sides to every "conclusion" Wells' made then you really need your head examined.
Serious question, do you really believe the weight loss excuse for the term Deflator? If this wasn't the Patriots, would you still believe it? It's not confusion, it's common sense.

instead of this...circus...it should have been 500k 4th round pick 1 game - 2 game max for brady... then it wouldn't be that bad, and we are still talking 1 psi,,i bet most of you would not be able to tell a difference between a ball at 11.5 & 12.5 psi.

whatever, all i know is, the patriots organization is pissed, brady is pissed, and do you(non patriots fans)REALLY want to see a pissed off patriots team? last time it happened the patriots went undefeated for the season until the superbowl.
Or Brady could of just come clean during his press conference and not pretend he knows jack shit about deflated balls or the equipment guys. A big reason why this has become the circus it has is how the Patriots have treated it from the beginning.

Serious question, do you really believe the weight loss excuse for the term Deflator? If this wasn't the Patriots, would you still believe it? It's not confusion, it's common sense.
I actually do b/c it's too ridiculous to make up. it's just flat out too stupid to be fake.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
pretty sure the texts, verbatim, demonstrate the term was used between the two in context to weight.
How many times did you miss this then?
16:39:40 JM "Nice dude.jimmy needs some kicks..lets
make a deal.come on help the deflator"

[After Mr. Jastremski does not respond for several minutes, Mr. McNally sends a follow-up text.]
16:47:15 JM "Chill buddy im just f****n with you..im not going
to espn..yet"

Come on man, you can certainly argue they were "joking" but the team's defense is it is about weight loss when its plainly obvious he is referring to himself as someone who deflates game balls or why would he tell the guy to chill and he's not going to espn, why would he go to espn about his weight loss?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually do b/c it's too ridiculous to make up. it's just flat out too stupid to be fake.
Ok fine, but then how does that jive with him saying 'i'm not taking it to espn...yet'? What exactly is he 'taking or not taking' to ESPN?

Also, this isn't the first time there have been issues specifically with McNally and game balls.

Wells Report: NFL Warned Patriots In 2004 About Improper Game Footballs | New England Patriots | NESN.com

According to the Wells Report, a letter from then-NFL director of game operations Peter Hadhazy dated Nov. 2, 2004 said the incident involved New England ball boys relaying "non-approved practice balls to a game official" during an Oct. 25, 2004 regular-season game. (There actually was no game that day, but the Patriots did beat the New York Jets 13-7 on Oct. 24.) The Wells Report stated McNally, referred to as "James McNulty" in the letter, was described as the person "in charge of the game day footballs" for the Patriots. He also was the team's equipment manager at the time and chalked the incident up to "just an honest mistake," per the report.

Cybsled

How many times did you miss this then?
16:39:40 JM "Nice dude.jimmy needs some kicks..lets
make a deal.come on help the deflator"

[After Mr. Jastremski does not respond for several minutes, Mr. McNally sends a follow-up text.]
16:47:15 JM "Chill buddy im just f****n with you..im not going
to espn..yet"

Come on man, you can certainly argue they were "joking" but the team's defense is it is about weight loss when its plainly obvious he is referring to himself as someone who deflates game balls or why would he tell the guy to chill and he's not going to espn, why would he go to espn about his weight loss?
If you look at the previous texts, he was begging for free shoes and other swag as a recurring theme, since one of them got the hook up and the other didn't. The hookup guy also confirmed that his boss wouldn't be happy about it. They work in the sports world and ESPN is the biggest sports network. If someone in insurance was asking for free swag, get awkward silence, then the guy cracks a joke about the Department of Insurance, it doesn't mean they are violating any laws (besides maybe company code of conduct rules).

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus christ, watching pats fans try and rationalize this over and over is nauseating. Same thing with spygate..../vomit

rrr_img_97931.jpg

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you look at the previous texts, he was begging for free shoes and other swag as a recurring theme, since one of them got the hook up and the other didn't. The hookup guy also confirmed that his boss wouldn't be happy about it. They work in the sports world and ESPN is the biggest sports network. If someone in insurance was asking for free swag, get awkward silence, then the guy cracks a joke about the Department of Insurance, it doesn't mean they are violating any laws (besides maybe company code of conduct rules).
So you agree the text isn't about weight loss then? Thats my point, Its obvious the two joked often with each other, why not just stick with the joking defense that McNally used; instead the team is claiming the context of that text was about weight loss. Really?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Could you imagine the shitstorm at ESPN if someone was found to be asking for free stuff from Tom Brady? The entire organization would crumble

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Fuck that email kills. Dude I am on a Board of Directors and you just can't gloss over rules in bylaws and covenants. It doesn't matter how fucking dumb the rule is if it's in there you enforce to the letter. There is no room for interpretation and out of the box thinking. If you don't like the rule you go through the process to change it; you don't go around it.

You're right that everyone has stink on them. Maybe this is the big one. The one scandal that spirals out of control and takes out the entire system. The rogue commish, the corrupt money grabbers that support him, the clearly bullshit NFLPA leadership, the networks that pay for this crap, and the people that don't give a shit about anything but their own jobs. It would be grand if ESPN was involved.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Sometimes, I wonder.

I sit and I think "Could I become Itlan? Could I become so deranged by my team's brief moments of success that I lost all connection with reality?"

Then I read the Patriots defenders in this thread and realize "Fuck no, you guys are nuts". You actually believe that a guy losing weight would 1) be call the Deflator, and 2) That someone would go to ESPN over his weight loss? You actually think "That's so stupid it can't be made up", not "We are so guilty that that is the best lie we can come up with that doesn't contradict the evidence".

But let's be honest, the "truth" is exactly what's most likely: Patriots employees deflated the balls, Brady and others knew about it, it didn't change any outcomes in the slightest, everyone likely does it, the league needed an example.

No, it's not fair to the Patriots, but it wasn't fair to the Saints, or Dolphins, or etc. Given that the Brady/Belichick era will likely be regarded as the most successful run* in all professional sports, they can handle it.

*The 70's Steelers didn't have to deal with Free Agency.

Sometimes, I wonder.

I sit and I think "Could I become Itlan? Could I become so deranged by my team'sbrief moments of successthat I lost all connection with reality?"

Then I read the Patriots defenders
Just a note, I wouldn't call the patriots moment brief.

I know that's tough on y'all.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Given that the Brady/Belichick era will likely be regarded as the most successful run* in all professional sports, they can handle it.
Bill Russell's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Spurs, Kobe's Lakers, Magic's Lakers, Mayweather, Klitschkos, Harlem Globetrotters dominance of the Washington Generals, Alexander Karelin, Fedor Emelianenko just off the top of my head