The Dallas Cowboys Memorial (2015 Off-Season) Thread

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In most instances, the league and making money is the same thing for Jerry. That is why he didn't fight the salary cap penalty. It could only hurt the league which would make him not gain as much money. The one thing that proves he cares more about money than the league is the jersey/merchandise money. The cowboys are the only team that doesn't split that revenue with the other 31 teams.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jerry not fighting a salary cap penalty means he only cares about his money? Please explain how that makes any sense at all
I think we must be having a misunderstanding here. First, to clarify, Jerrydidfight the penalty. They just happened to lose.

My point was that he should want to stick it to the NFL. But instead he's siding with the enemy, thereby showing that he cares more about taking the league's side (and in turn protecting his asset) over that of his team's interests.

As I said, it's not reallysurprisingthat (a multi-millionaire) he would want to protect his money, but it's disappointing that the owners don't really give much of a shit about football. They're only in it for the money. A championship and success is nice, but it's really just a bonus to them. Jerry's proven that he'd be just as happy at 5-11 as he would at 11-5. I'd imagine all the other owners share his sentiment.

Edit: Caliel posted that while I was typing, but that's pretty much what I was getting at.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He declined to fight it in court, but he and Snyder would almost definitely have won since it constituted textbook collusion. Them doing that isn't going to hurt the league financially so the idea that he was choosing profits over his team doesn't make any sense

Now if you're talking about their exclusive licensing then that definitely shows he cares more about his profits than the league profits. But that was something he did 20 years ago and am not sure how that's relevant to this

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He declined to fight it in court, but he and Snyder would almost definitely have won since it constituted textbook collusion. Them doing that isn't going to hurt the league financially so the idea that he was choosing profits over his team doesn't make any sense

Now if you're talking about their exclusive licensing then that definitely shows he cares more about his profits than the league profits. But that was something he did 20 years ago and am not sure how that's relevant to this
The NFL losing a collusion case in federal court would be bad PR for the league. This could mean less advertising money from sponsors. So yes it could hurt the league financially.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Jerry just would rather the Pats not have Brady when the Cowboys face them Week 5 - that's his entire motivation behind his comments.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Maybe, but mostly he wants to win a Superbowl without Jimmy Johnson before he dies. That is his #1 motivation.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm starting to think that everyone talking trash about the Patriots and claiming that this punishment is legit and the "investigation" etc. were legit are all just trolling and don't honestly believe what they're saying. I have to think this because I fear for the future of our country and species if this is becoming the general level of education... If you truly believe the things you guys are saying then you're teetering dangerously closely into falling into the same level as SJWs...

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Project much? If anyone is comparable to the blue hairs in this its the rabid Boston homers who have refused to accept reality at every turn. Remember when they all claimed there would be no guilty verdict? No suspension? IT would get tossed on appeal? Yeah this is just the latest round of denial. I look forward to the next.

Tons of us have been saying this from the beginning, its the cover-up that gets you, never the crime. But Brady has made this a matter of pride and integrity for the league with his attitude towards it. Now they have to string him up by the balls or they are opening the floodgates on cheating and ignoring league punishments.

I dont see how any of you bashing the Patriots can read this and not realize how fucked up the NFLs story/ruling is.

Brady's agent:

"We compiled all of Tom's personal cell phone billing records from his vendor from September through the end of February 2015," Yee told Curran. "The records detail every incoming and outgoing phone call. Every incoming and outgoing text. We submitted that to the commissioner.They would then be able to determine were there any other communications with Patriots personnel that were not outlined in the Wells Report. Everything matched up perfectly with the Wells Report with the exception of three texts between Tom and (John) Jastrzemski on February 7, and that was only because Wells had given Jastrzemski's phone back (on) February 7. As far as any texts prior to the AFC Championship Game, where any alleged scheming would have taken place, Ted Wells would have had any communications between Tom, Jastrzemski and (Jim) McNally.This personal phone billing record compiled by an independent third party shows that he had no communications at all with McNally.

"In an effort to be even more transparent, we decided to offer to the commissioner to disclose the identities of everyone that Tom communicated with. We said that some of these individuals are NFL-related personnel and that the commissioner has the power to compel a search of their phone to see if they have texts remaining on their phone from Tom. The commissioner's own decision in footnote 11 acknowledges this and says they thought it was impractical to conduct this search. The amount of NFL-related personnel that the league needed to consult, if they so chose, was 28 people.Which is not very many people. And a number of those people they had information from already. Tom texted from December 24 to February 24 these NFL-related personnel. Ten teammates, two current coaches, five former teammates, one NFL Network personnel, five front-office personnel and five other Patriots employees.A number of them, the league had the authority to say, 'Check your cell phone, we want any text exchanges between you and Tom Brady from that period.' They chose not to.I don't know why." Yee also said he and Brady disclosed to Goodell that the Patriots quarterback had "cycled through" his phone in early March as the commissioner was trying to gather new information.

"What happened is this," Yee told Curran. "After Goodell decided to take the appeal and publicly asked for new information, we were under the authority of the actual commissioner, not private investigators with dubious authority. We decided to provide him with the new information. ."In a letter to Goodell, we told him that we don't have any other phones that cover November through March. We believe Tom may have cycled through a phone. We were the ones that disclosed this issue. Meaning that if Tom Brady was trying to hide something, why would we voluntarily disclose that fact?"Brady and Yee even tried to retrieve the text messages from the "destroyed" phone."We took the additional step of speaking to general counsel at AT&T to determine if the company could somehow retrieve all those text message, and he wrote letter back saying that's not possible, and we gave that letter to the commissioner as well," Yee told La Canfora. "The commissioner tried to imply Tom was hiding something. Does this seem like the behavior of someone trying to hide something?"

Tons of us have been saying this from the beginning, its the cover-up that gets you, never the crime. But Brady has made this a matter of pride and integrity for the league with his attitude towards it. Now they have to string him up by the balls or they are opening the floodgates on cheating and ignoring league punishments.
and tons of you have ignored at every turn how flawed Wells' investigation was and that there is nothing but proof at this point that the balls werent even deflated. 12.5 drops to 11.x due to weather, accept it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
and tons of you have ignored at every turn how flawed Wells' investigation was and that there is nothing but proof at this point that the balls werent even deflated. 12.5 drops to 11.x due to weather, accept it.
rzGPeTk.jpg

This is exactly what the NFL wanted, for fans to believe he actually destroyed a device they wanted.

Yet Wells told him he didnt want the device, and wanted the records. Which were provided to him.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Am I allowed to think that basically everyone involved in this on every side fucked up? And that every fan commenting on this is going over the top, be it calling brady a saint or some Machiavellian super villain... or does that make me a Boston homer?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
They wanted to see the actual content of the messages, not when the messages were sent or who it was sent to. Last I checked they never provided that to the NFL.

They wanted to see the actual content of the messages, not when the messages were sent or who it was sent to. Last I checked they never provided that to the NFL.
He didnt have any communication with Mcnally or Jazstremski from September to February. Except 3 texts to Jazs in February.

What content exists if they never communicated?

"We compiled all of Tom's personal cell phone billing records from his vendor from September through the end of February 2015," Yee told Curran. "The records detail every incoming and outgoing phone call. Every incoming and outgoing text. We submitted that to the commissioner. They would then be able to determine were there any other communications with Patriots personnel that were not outlined in the Wells Report. Everything matched up perfectly with the Wells Report with the exception of three texts between Tom and (John) Jastrzemski on February 7, and that was only because Wells had given Jastrzemski's phone back (on) February 7. As far as any texts prior to the AFC Championship Game, where any alleged scheming would have taken place, Ted Wells would have had any communications between Tom, Jastrzemski and (Jim) McNally. This personal phone billing record compiled by an independent third party shows that he had no communications at all with McNally."