The Division 2

Tactician

Ancient
I'm sad my build is gonna get rekt. Was 3/7/7 with compensated, unstoppable force and on the ropes. Had enough SP for chem launcher with 6 ammo and my rolly mines hit pretty hard but were mostly used for a ghetto pulse / make dudes pop up from cover. Ah well, time to grind out something new after patch

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Er, the 3/7/7 LMG build is going to be the only thing left standing if this shit from the pts goes through. You'll need 3/9/7 to keep Patience, but other than that barely anything changed so far. Since items with 1 stat will be crap compared to 2-3 stat ones, it shouldn't be hard to pick up a couple extra blues.

‐-------------
If anyone is curious, the actual base damage rolls on Nemesis are:
GS490 - 246708-301532
GS500 - 257796-315084

To my complete lack of surprise, mine rolled 247.2k the first time, and then my last exotic component only got me to 275.8k at 500.

Last edited:

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If they're nerfing everything, will "builds" even be a thing? The talents will be so vanilla, what's the argument against more sets that don't suck complete balls or even medium balls?

Vorph

Awesome, just completed my weekly project and got the m700 carbon blueprint instead of a weapon mod. Good thing I knocked out Nemesis first, because that shit's enough for a rage quit till next Thurs.

Tactician

Ancient
Er, the 3/7/7 LMG build is going to be the only thing left standing if this shit from the pts goes through. You'll need 3/9/7 to keep Patience, but other than that barely anything changed so far. Since items with 1 stat will be crap compared to 2-3 stat ones, it shouldn't be hard to pick up a couple extra blues.

‐-------------
If anyone is curious, the actual base damage rolls on Nemesis are:
GS490 - 246708-301532
GS500 - 257796-315084

To my complete lack of surprise, mine rolled 247.2k the first time, and then my last exotic component only got me to 275.8k at 500.
I thought unstoppable force was changed to 11 blue? Getting 3/11/7 is going to be pretty hard if it's possible at all. I could have misread tho.

Edit: looks like I did misread. Although anything can happen, they might make that change or nerf on the ropes

Vorph

I thought unstoppable force was changed to 11 blue? Getting 3/11/7 is going to be pretty hard if it's possible at all. I could have misread tho.

Edit: looks like I did misread. Although anything can happen, they might make that change or nerf on the ropes
Yeah, for now it's untouched. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the next PTS build changed UF to 9 or 11 blue and cut the damage to 1% per 10k armor, since that's basically what happened to Berserk. On the Ropes could get its yellow req increased too, and I am expecting them to fix the bug that lets you use it with chem launcher when you're only down 1 charge.

If by some miracle they don't nerf that stuff, I'd switch to 4/9/7, change a few brands around to be able to hit 20 total stats, and use Spotter on the mask since it's being buffed to 20% and Pulse was already the best option for triggering On the Ropes. Actually getting all the right gear will be an ungodly headache though, since min/maxing the new recalibration system requires the item to drop with the correct talent(s) already on it, plus it needs one desired stat with a super high roll and the rest all low rolls so you can recalibrate a low one into a second super high.

Fadaar

That guy
vorph man just accept that they're going to shit on every build people come up with until you're forced to use sets

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Shit, at this point when I'm looking at how much worse the grind for optimized gear is going to become I'd welcome that change.

So far they haven't done anything to the sets though, and I'd be surprised if any of them could even do much more than about 10% of the damage that either of my builds do now. Let's say they are dropping enemy sponginess to half of what it is now to account for the nerfs to stuff like the Berserk/Strained build (though I'd put that build's nerf at more like about -66% to -75% of its damage). It would still need to be one hell of a buff to the sets to make them at all usable beyond Normal difficulty, especially since they have no defenses to speak of at all and part of the goal of the PTS garbage is to make building for durability feel more worthwhile.

Turn True Patriot into the new Classified Striker and make Hardwired into an actual Tactician playstyle and I'm down. Just seeing the reaction from the "muh build diversity" crowd alone would be worth it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
sukik sukik PL’d me and I basically am the twink monk with a fungi tunic and duel wielding sods. I had my own teir 2 scrubs begging me to hang with them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Look at the rewards list on each of them. For me it was the True Sons one, nor sure if same for everyone. Other one is Hyena killing for a challenging bounty reward.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, abandoned both my weeklies to get one with a crafting reward.

Re-figured out that bounty named count towards the completion, herp derp. Got a 7.62 vent brake (wooo... :/)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Could be worse, I got a fucking Airaldi backpack blueprint.

Honestly, I don't even understand the point of crafting in this game. Outside of mods and exotics, it's all wasted. I've got to imagine whoever went through the trouble of coding all that has to feel shitty.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Totally. Besides crafting all the gun doodad blue prints the only crafting worth doing it seems is making replicas for quests and upgrading your workbench so you feel like all those supplies are being used and you can stop leaving them all on the floor for another 20 minutes until you're full again.
For all that we're bagging on it now it was a fun ride and well worth the price of admission.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
For all that we're bagging on it now it was a fun ride and well worth the price of admission.

Fair enough. And this was an AMD reward for me.

Division 2 reminds me of City of Heroes. I loved that game briefly.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
A perfect analogy really. CoH was super great until you'd run one character fully through its universe and then there was no real reason to play after that.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I didn't last as long as I did in Div 1, likely because exploits were fun to abuse in Div 1 long after it served its use. It eventually became a full fledged game with tiers I expected from Div 2, but how they handled loot between the WT4 and WT5 leaves a bitter taste. I haven't bothered until they fix the item scaling so that the higher ilvl gear is (generally) universally better stat wise - traits can continue to be as random as fuck as always. Fixing shit traits instead of nerfing good ones and fucking up any diversity by having ridiculous color requirements would be a good thing to change as well. Also fix tech power and activation/utilization of abilities. It's great that you can wipe out an area of whatever kind of mobs, but targeting sucks, and relies heavily on large clusters of enemies in small areas, and leaves you fucking helpless when your guns take 3 mags to take down an enemy.

I get it, it lends towards having dedicated nukers, healers, tech, and gun focus - but gun focus is so much better in every respect why would you even bother. As much as they try, it's the same as Div 1 - everyone has their gun preference (usually an AR or sniper with SMG) and stick to the area health regen skills and a turret to cover flanks (which are obscene this time around). Or the revive is useful since shit can one hit fuck you over even in the best armor/health builds.

Disable builds (the firefly, or seeker mine) only work well in conjunction with another player running an aoe build, and even the best of the two can't clear a room as well as two folks with decent aim and good weapons....

Otherwise game still plays well. I guess.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem is it's almost impossible to farm for any specific build. There's just too many different layers of RNG on any particular item.

And worse, they've been making all kinds of drastic changes lately. With only 150 stash slots, how could anyone even remotely hope to save up items that might be good? And shit, how do you even know if they're good (or will be).

It leads to me just logging in, shrugging my shoulders because I'm aimless, and logging off. It's a looter shooter where they haven't given me any loot to strive for because it's all so convoluted.

WT4 cut down on lot of it by at least making everything drop at a single gear score. It cut out at least one uncertainty factor. But if you asked me if my GS500 P416 had a good damage roll, I wouldn't have an answer for you. I do know the talents it rolled suck dick, but I've only seen one in probably 50 hours at WT5.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm just in a holding pattern until they 1.X (whichever one didn't suck after 1.3 in Div 1) us. I like the game and the world, but the gearing decisions are head scratchingly disjointed.