The Division 2

Ladro

Anomaly
Curious so I know when I get home, how much time to get to WT5 with the new mission and Tidal Basin? Hour or 2?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got 2 green masks. Not sure how I feel yet about the sets.
They're pretty much what people said pre-patch -- no talents, laughably bad set bonuses, True Patriot possibly useful in the raid but even that seems unlikely.

Curious so I know when I get home, how much time to get to WT5 with the new mission and Tidal Basin? Hour or 2?
Less than an hour if you don't waste any time in TB. It's story mode and the drops are all fodder so there's no reason to go hunting for hidden loot yet.

spronk

FPS noob
Once you unlock WT5 apparently the clan vendor sells 490 gear (not sure if its dependent on clan level) so probably a good path is do WT5 mission (2 things I think?), go buy everything from clan vendor, and then grind out 500 by running around looting everything you can anywhere. AFAIK gear drop levels are based on inventory and stash and it does NOT have to be equipped, so you don't have to break up sets until you get something you want to wear.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just did the last Stronghold and got WT1....I know I'm behind you all but I'm playing when I can and loving the game.

So everything has gear score now...where do you see your total gear score? Is that how strongholds are now? Your total gear score?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This is strange, I haven’t gotten a single singnature ammo since the patch in 3 hours or so of playing.

I also haven’t gotten a single piece of gear that’s higher than what I was getting in WT4. Mostly stuff around 448-454. Most of if being 450 and under.

Vorph

Once you unlock WT5 apparently the clan vendor sells 490 gear (not sure if its dependent on clan level) so probably a good path is do WT5 mission (2 things I think?), go buy everything from clan vendor, and then grind out 500 by running around looting everything you can anywhere. AFAIK gear drop levels are based on inventory and stash and it does NOT have to be equipped, so you don't have to break up sets until you get something you want to wear.
You forgot the most important part: after you buy those 493 gloves and whatever else, take them to the recal station and do any stat change that will cause a +15GS increase. Even if it's crap you will never use it still helps with drops. Even the 493 gloves I bought could still be increased to 508 with random trash I picked up.

They also changed how crafted exotics work slightly. The make-from-scratch recipe is still 490, but the upgrade recipe is 500 (and has higher min/max range). So what I did was break down my Chatterbox (into 2 exotic materials) and then I upgraded my Liberty to 500. Now I just have to go loot some Hyena boxes just like before to get the parts for a new Chatterbox, which I'll use the leftover exotic material to upgrade from 490 to 500. If you have a 450 Merciless and don't have ultimate edition to upgrade it with the Ruthless recipe, you can probably just deconstruct that for exotic mats to upgrade both Liberty and Chatterbox from 440, saving you the trouble of re-farming Chatterbox parts.

This is strange, I haven’t gotten a single singnature ammo since the patch in 3 hours or so of playing.

I also haven’t gotten a single piece of gear that’s higher than what I was getting in WT4. Mostly stuff around 448-454. Most of if being 450 and under.
Ditto on signature ammo, and lots of people on reddit posting the same too. Only way to get ammo is to swap specs at the White House, and even that only gives 6 rounds plus 1 reserve now (used to be 2 reserve). Just don't forget to reequip your lasers if you are Demo spec.

Buy some vendor crap and recalibrate it for +15 to kick start the process. I still get a lot of trash that's up to 10 GS lower than it should be, but at least some of it is an upgrade now. Bounties seem to consistently award proper level loot. Haven't done the invaded missions yet because I left myself a whole bunch of side missions to do for easy field prof caches.

Last edited:

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
where do you see your total gear score?
In your inventory on the top left below your name and clan tag is a circle with the types of attributes you have equipped. The big number in the middle is the gearscore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Really wish you could see your gs for drops. I'm wearing 464, but if I equip all my junk it goes up to 496. Would be nice to see that without having to equip a bunch of gear then reset my loadout.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The weapon mod changes make me think the dude who designed them with +/- is a spiteful prick who just said, "Oh, you don't like my mods? You don't want negatives? Well, fuck you then, I'll just make them all dogshit, let's see how you like them now!"

Both the 5.56 and 7.62 mags got gimped down to +10 rounds. Pretty sure that makes FAMAS the best AR like my prediction that I really did not want to come true. Mostly since the FAMAS handles like shit no matter how much stability you have. Strangely, the 9mm extended mag got bumped UP to +20 rounds, but that's because it still has a drawback (-reload speed). Maybe the Study Extended 5.56/7.62 Mags will end up being the same, but the spreadsheet says they're from weekly projects and not CP3's. Could be a long fucking time before some people get lucky with that, if it's true. [Edit: People on reddit who had the Sturdy mags pre-patch are saying they've been removed from the game.]

The 7.62 extended mags are both still in game. One is +10 with no neg and the other, which I think is the Sturdy is +20 with like -reload speed iirc. I'm using it on an AK and my MK17.

I thought the exact same thing about the weapon mod changes. Like the response of a petulant child. Total BS.

Vorph

Got to like 501, but still getting about 60% 498-499 drops, maybe like 20% 500's and the rest are real low, like all the way down to 494 or so. I guess we have to recalibrate a bunch of 500 stuff to 515 to get GS high enough to force all 500 drops? Sadly, even with 490+ guns I'm still stuck at like 473 for worn gear. 490 gloves dropped with Clutch and AR dmg, and that's my one and only armor upgrade so far.

As far as I can tell the new upgrade recipe scales the exotic you use it on. My Liberty was near max roll and it still is at 500. Made a new Chatterbox that was like the shittiest roll possible, and then upgraded to 500 hoping it would come out better but I got almost minimum possible again. Either RNGesus is getting even for me farming the parts with just 4 keys, or it's scaled. I'll make a new one this weekend and see if it does the same thing again.

The 7.62 extended mags are both still in game. One is +10 with no neg and the other, which I think is the Sturdy is +20 with like -reload speed iirc. I'm using it on an AK and my MK17.

I thought the exact same thing about the weapon mod changes. Like the response of a petulant child. Total BS.
Ah, that's good. You remember if you got the 7.62 sturdy from a CP3 or a weekly project? Hoping the encyclopedia spreadsheet is wrong on that. I did a CP3 earlier and got no BP reward for it too, that was rather annoying. It showed the blueprint symbol but no text (sidequests do this now as well), but the only new BPs I have in my list are from the sidequests I did.

Vorph

I'm also curious how others are finding the difficulty in WT5. People in my clan are going on and on about how their builds are gutted and they can't do CP3's and challenging bounties/missions very well anymore. I feel like I'm playing a completely different game because it's just as easy as ever with the crit build I've been using all along. On challenging anyway; heroic difficulty seems a total waste of time for anything but bounties. I do notice that my CHC isn't maxed anymore and I need to fix that on my vest when I finally start getting some GS500 armor upgrades, but the Safeguard nerf hasn't been an issue at all, and the one thing that really bugs me is only having 40 rounds in my AR.

Anyone playing LMG + Frenzy build? How did that survive the changes?

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Ah, that's good. You remember if you got the 7.62 sturdy from a CP3 or a weekly project? Hoping the encyclopedia spreadsheet is wrong on that. I did a CP3 earlier and got no BP reward for it too, that was rather annoying. It showed the blueprint symbol but no text (sidequests do this now as well), but the only new BPs I have in my list are from the sidequests I did.

Yeah, I remember because I just got it on a weekly project when they reset. I also did a CP3 today and got the grey symbol. The 40 rounds shit is annoying the fuck out of me too, hence why I'm using a shitty recoil AK, with mag capacity and the +20 I get 60 rounds.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I never got around to optimizing my build in WT4 since I had barely made it to 450 when the update came along. So I can't comment much on how builds were affected. I also mostly have played on Normal and a few hard for dailies, again since I never got to optimized a build.

My opinion on WT5 so far is that the jump from WT4 to WT5 is easier than the jump form WT3 to WT4 for me, I found going from WT3 to WT4 to be quite jarring compared to the others where I found the progression very smooth, the same here progression seems smoother. That being said, this is a from doing Normal Stuff, and 1 Hard so far.

I'm at 478GS now, and enjoying the content. Haven't tried CP3 yet, not going to bother until I'm at GS 500 or so.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
ATM im just about level 21 or so, and so far im rockin a MM Rifle and LMG - In TD1, i used to love the Aug, but since im leveling im rather enjoying the MM/LMG(due to 100 rounds) combo, but what else would pair well with MM?

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hate, hate, hate the chem launcher change. I used to just tap L1 while in cover and BAM, healing. Now I have to tap L1, shift my camera so I'm looking straight at the ground, aim down (popping out of cover, mind you) and fire the launcher, which HOPEFULLY actually hits the ground at my feet. Then I forget I have the chem launcher out and accidentally fire a round at enemies. I don't know why the patch notes say that quick deploy is still available because that shit isn't true, unless I'm totally missing something.

And yeah, Sig ammo drop rate is fuuuuucked. Played about 8 hours today and had Sig ammo drop a whopping total of five times. I probably killed close to 500 enemies during that time. That needs to get fixed fast.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I did the stronghold, multiple missions, and queued for bounties. Did not see a single sig ammo drop.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I look at the ground and double tap Q/E to insta launch. There's a setting for this I believe.
PC definitely has a specific key bind for this which I’m just starting to get used to. But it’s definitely a different animation between single tap and double tap.

Single tap brings up the launcher and aims. Double tap (or the drop in place(?) bind) has your character drop the raw ammo on the ground without getting the launcher out.