The Division 2

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So they nerfed contractors gloves and fox's prayers to 8%, hollow man to 10%, and also stealth nerfed the m1a by 40% that they "forgot to list" until the community called them out on it, "Community team comment: This change was intentional and we apologize it was not in the original Patch Notes. Due to a lapse in communication, it didn't make into the list. " lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So they nerfed contractors gloves and fox's prayers to 8%, hollow man to 10%, and also stealth nerfed the m1a by 40% that they "forgot to list" until the community called them out on it, "Community team comment: This change was intentional and we apologize it was not in the original Patch Notes. Due to a lapse in communication, it didn't make into the list. " lol.
So glad I cancelled my Uplay+ sub when I did. I still can't believe that this is essentially the same group of people who turned Div 1 around.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Jesus, thanks for fucking my setup Massive... Game WAS actually fun just murdering shit.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The stacking 5% every second for 10 seconds while using a shield was better since your survivability was vastly improved and it was an extra 20%.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Playing this with the 8 hr trial. Seems pretty fun so far. Never played Division 1 or any other genre similar.

What makes this game shit? Is it all end-game?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Playing this with the 8 hr trial. Seems pretty fun so far. Never played Division 1 or any other genre similar.

The end game and lack of anything fun to do/work towards

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The ride to the end game is awesome and definitely worth the trip.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

It's a fun game, the flaws are generally end-game, game system decisions that seem very questionable. I still hop on once every couple of weeks and enjoy myself.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

I'm personally still enjoying the game, even despite it's limitations.

Graphically, I think it's really good for an open world type game. I'm always blown away by the small details. You can wander around the streets for hours and find little details that really immerse you into the game. I like the setting as well. I used to play Destiny quite a bit, but I never got Destiny 2. It was good, but the sci-fi and story was so disjointed. I feel like the story-line in Division 2 is more realistic and relatable, especially given current circumstances.

When you first play the game, there is a shit-ton to do, and you will easily get 40+ hours of entertainment out of it imo. Especially with the new recalibration system, and having to track down items with max stats.

Once you get to the end game though, it gets very repetitive. Probably the worst aspect of the game is itemization. Reminds me of Everquest when you never quite knew what exactly the stats did, or which one was of the greatest benefit, etc. There are 3 main builds: tank, dps, and skill. You can save your loadout so you can switch builds even during misisons, so that gives you some sort of goal, to gear up all 3 builds. I personally don't min/max, which I think keeps me sane in this game. You will reach the point where you rarely ever get an upgrade. I don't have the best build since I don't optimize, but I do fine dps was and I rarely die. Really if you stop focusing on stats and focus instead of shooting things I think the game becomes more enjoyable.

There is a raid, but it is AIDS outside of a set group. Another one is being released soon I believe.

Same with PvP (Dark Zone). They recently changed it so you don't get experience killing NPCs anymore. Now you have to kill others or extract items. So....kinda like raids. If you aren't in a set group you're just asking for frustration. There is also Conflict, which is like group PvP. Again, frustrating. Fortunately you never have to play any of the PvP stuff if you don't want to.

So why play? Because I like killing shit, and this game does a good job challenging you, especially if you solo. Taking over a tier 4 control point solo always feels good. You can adjust the world difficulty level to your liking. It's fun to log in a few hours a day and finish up my dailies. Sometimes I sheperd (which is helping others out). Sometimes I try a new solo challenge. It's there if I want to play, and it doesn't cost me a dime if I don't.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Division 2 (minus the expansion) was permanently marked down to $3 before the expansion hit. It's an amazing game at $3.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah the leveling process is a fun game.... its the end game when shit just stops being fun

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Huh. Looks like it's kind of all over the place now. I see $30 on the Microsoft store and $9 for a standard PS4 version on Amazon.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I've been playing this. Did the main game, side missions, cleared all the zones. Decided to move on to New York after doing the Capitol final mission. Did I miss out on anything by skipping the D.C. black tusk stuff and going to the expac?

Game is really fun overall. A shame you all say it's no good at end game.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
So I've been playing this. Did the main game, side missions, cleared all the zones. Decided to move on to New York after doing the Capitol final mission. Did I miss out on anything by skipping the D.C. black tusk stuff and going to the expac?

No you didn't miss much. The Black Tusk stuff was the endgame for the base game but the gear you would get in NYC is better than it so do it once for completions sake imo

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider

Not really, just going through the world tiers 1-5 and increasing your gear score to progress in each one (pointless if you're going to 40 anyways), while redoing the missions/strongholds in invaded status (all of which can still be done at 40 when you're done with ny campaign).

There's a lot of content in the end game, whether it's fun or not would be up to you.

• 1Like