The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
anecdotes are not evidence. hell, the Xbone could have just had more units to sell in the first place.

Vgchartz says
5m wiiU's,
2.5m xbones
3.4m PS4
as of the 21st.

Obviously they are also, not official sources, and can be very much wrong.

But still not quite as much of a blowout as most would have expected I think.
Obviously. I am just going by my own personal experience. People working for Microsoft saying the thing isn't selling, seeing open stock of Xbox One and a lot of availability (Yes this could mean anything including excess supply but that wasn't the case before launch when they were having logistics issues) what have you.

I do not think we have seen the blow out yet. I think it is just the beginning.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The question isn't how many were sold at launch. Brand loyalty was always going to trump actual performance for many purchasers early on. Even still, that's a pretty wide lead after 2 months.

The really interesting numbers won't be available until a year from now.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Anecdotal again , but UT's experience is the same here in my area. Every Best Buy I've been to over the past couple weeks and most Gamestops have signs printed on the front door saying "XBOX ONE in stock" , and consistently I've overheard some customer asking "any PS....." and no comes out of employees mouth before the 4 even gets out.

I'm actually considering buying another from Amazon once in stock on the 10th and reselling on CL as locally I've done it a few times ranging from 150-200 more and immediately sold each time with zero hassle.

Whether it's simply a stock thing , or if it's truly demand I don't know , but right now I'm at a client and within 10 miles I could walk into 5+ stores and pickup an Xbox One , and couldn't pickup a PS4 locally within 50+.

Sorry for the hi-jack , now back to how ESO will do the Elder Scrolls name proud.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Really? there's tons of PS4's available here everywhere. Anybody need one? I'm going to ebay the fuck out of these things.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Has to be. PS4 is super supply constrained, so yeah, considering anyone that wants an XBone can get one, but PS4 is pretty well instantly selling otu everywhere...it's a pretty big difference between the two. (It would be a sizeable difference even ignoring that fact).

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
PS4 is sitting on shelves here (Australia). I can see a stack of them right now in EB and the JBHIFI 50m from here has them too.

What's actually wrong with this game? The only information I can ever find is that it sucks, but nobody mentions why.
1. Very unpolished for a game coming out in 3 months (4 at the end of last beta). By unpolished people mean: poor connectivity and system lag, many small bugs, unfinished game systems, lack of depth and diversity of content and graphics that had not really been tuned at all.

2. Annoying animations that at times were sort of herky jerky-ed around and at others made you feel like you were in water. The jumping animation in particular was poor.

3. Combat systems seemed poorly implemented - especially for melee. This was partially a problem of sluggish response to button pushes, partially a lack of impact when hitting and moving, sort of combat in slow motion and maybe even more a feeling that not much you did strategywise mattered. I personally played a caster and found it to be better than the complaints.

4. People also criticized the leveling system but I kinda liked it. Maybe others could help you with that one.

5. People did not like the unfocussed nature of the PvP and I think many of the poor connectivity and bad animations really came out in PvP due to needing good response times and good graphics against other players. I did not play much PvP so maybe others could reiterate their complaints.

6. The starting area was utter unfinished stupid crap.

7. Crafting was pretty stupid or not implemented really.

8. My personal complaint.... Elder Scrolls games are all about going off in a direction and finding interesting things to do in caves, towns, bandit camps, on the side of the road or wherever you travel. This game had none of that. Very little content outside the main story at all. Very little reward for an explorer.

Edit: (All that having been said, I will play it but then again, I leveled a toon to the top in Vanguard when it first came out)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Good post Dmitry! With other options on the horizon, these issues and several others(boring leveling and very generic feeling game), I will pick other options to waste my money.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
So you grind up pvp points and then your faction takes over the keeps and if you had the most you are made emperor. Alliance is the games factions right? If so that sounds completely retarded. Basically grind the most honor and you get to be king. Worked so well for wow with the grand marshal grind, i am sure people will love this one too..

Basically another reason forced faction games blow, because instead of making the leader into the emperor they are gonna make whoever the most pathetic neckbeard grinder the emperor.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So you grind up pvp points and then your faction takes over the keeps and if you had the most you are made emperor. Alliance is the games factions right? If so that sounds completely retarded. Basically grind the most honor and you get to be king. Worked so well for wow with the grand marshal grind, i am sure people will love this one too..

Basically another reason forced faction games blow, because instead of making the leader into the emperor they are gonna make whoever the most pathetic neckbeard grinder the emperor.
Yup, the way the emperor is determined is yet another dumb choice by Zenimax. I was hoping they'd follow GW2's example with taking keeps / the center castle. Whichever guild did the most to take it over could claim it and throw up their banner. The most logical thing to do would be to match that and allow whichever guild did the most to set someone as emperor.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Who the fuck cares how you become Emperor - nobody is going to be playing this besides console kids 6 months after release. The cool part is that when someone does reach the top, they get their own permanent skill line.

That is fucking cool.