The Elder Scrolls Online

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Paul Tassi is a terrible writer, both for Forbes and his sci-Fi work. I'd rather read a post from any poster on rerolled than that idiots opinions on the gaming industry

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ZeniMax Debunks Elder Scrolls Online 200M Budget Rumor: We Couldnt Have Wasted That Much Money - Play4Real

"Without the nondisclosure agreement, I'm sure hundreds of gamers would be backing me up right now," remarked Firor, "In fact,everyone breaking the agreement to say that this game is bad is clearly a person you should just ignore."

Iraqi%252520Information%252520Minister.jpg

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
?If we really did waste 200 million dollars to make this game, then we would have been fired already for incompetence,? said Firor, ?When you look at The Elder Scrolls Online, you don?t see a 200 million dollar game. In fact, feedback from our beta testers have stated that based on the game?s quality, not a lot of money was put into it. This clearly points to how much effort went into the game. ?

?So let?s pretend that we actually did spend 200 million dollars on the game, people would be banging on our doors to play The Elder Scrolls Online which is not the case,? continued Firor, ?So I don?t see how people could even imagine that we would sink 200 million dollars into this game. I?m not entirely sure what people would expect from a 200 million dollar game in the first place, but I can tell you that it?s definitely not The Elder Scrolls Online.?

?Without the nondisclosure agreement, I?m sure hundreds of gamers would be backing me up right now,? remarked Firor, ?In fact, everyone breaking the agreement to say that this game is bad is clearly a person you should just ignore.?

We attempted to reach Bethesda, publishers of the The Elder Scrolls series, for a comment regarding this rumor; however, a representative for the company told us that they have never heard of a game called The Elder Scrolls Online.
ZeniMax Debunks Elder Scrolls Online 200M Budget Rumor: We Couldnt Have Wasted That Much Money - Play4Real

Haha

We need an Onion of the gaming world.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
LMFAO

"In fact, feedback from our beta testers have stated that based on the game's quality, not a lot of money was put into it."

"We attempted to reach Bethesda, publishers of the The Elder Scrolls series, for a comment regarding this rumor; however, a representative for the company told us that they have never heard of a game called The Elder Scrolls Online."

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
?Without the nondisclosure agreement, I?m sure hundreds of gamers would be backing me up right now,? remarked Firor, ?In fact,everyone breaking the agreement to say that this game is bad is clearly a person you should just ignore.?
The fact that the producer/director is spewing what is usually the fanboy's last line of defense (don't listen to anyone breaking NDA , they know nothing)is telling enough about the game.

Blackwulf

N00b
The fact that the producer/director is spewing what is usually the fanboy's last line of defense (don't listen to anyone breaking NDA , they know nothing)is telling enough about the game.
You should probably read the whole thing, as it was all tongue in cheek - he's saying that without the NDA, everyone would back him up in saying there's no way they spent 200 million on this game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should probably read the whole thing, as it was all tongue in cheek - he's saying that without the NDA, everyone would back him up in saying there's no way they spent 200 million on this game.
going down with the ship huh?

Seriously.. There is just too much drama surrounding this game. You don't even have to be a follower of gaming websites for all the bad info getting out there. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept NDA up till launch and skipped open beta.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Oh I got that part and see his tongue in cheek parts , but I don't think he was 100% kidding on the ignoring the NDA breaking folks saying it's bad.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty poor article, the guy said basically nothing about TESO and why it's not going to succeed. And when TESO was announced both TES fans and MMO fans were excited about it. An MMO that follows in TES' footsteps would be amazing. But TESO is just a WoW clone that killed a TES game, stole its face and is now trying to trick people into getting into its van.
He's a Internet journalist writing stuff about "video games industry", that would pretty much convince anyone walking on two legs to not read that.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
He's a Internet journalist writing stuff about "video games industry", that would pretty much convince anyone walking on two legs to not read that.
The stable of Forbes gaming writers are pretty consistent in how fucking terrible they are. Way worse than industry standard IMO.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Imo the point of that article was all about p2p and why the game will fail. And shitty article or not, it will prove to be true.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Why are people responding to the p4r link like it's real?

Hilarious though.

Also, Forbes game writers may be shitty, but yeah - his headline might as well have been "water will still be wet in 2014".

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Only the idiots said that about Xbox.
Exactly. I knew several fanbois who didn't even know much about the Xbox One...and still preordered it immediately. I still think PS4 will win 'the war' but both systems will have solid success. This isn't the Wii U we are discussing here.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Only the idiots said that about Xbox.
Yet I can go to Amazon for the last week and a half and order an Xbox One any time I want too. I walk into Best Buy and see 6 on the shelf. Talk to the Microsoft guy and he says they just aren't selling. And see Sony PS4's out of stock and sold within minutes of being up. I guarantee you Microsoft is not doing well with this launch.

Caliane

anecdotes are not evidence. hell, the Xbone could have just had more units to sell in the first place.

Vgchartz says
5m wiiU's,
2.5m xbones
3.4m PS4
as of the 21st.

Obviously they are also, not official sources, and can be very much wrong.

But still not quite as much of a blowout as most would have expected I think.