The Elder Scrolls Online

Bruman

Golden Squire
Yeah, I wasn't getting all the hate from the previous live stream of group play a few months ago (haven't watched the video linked above), but once I tried to play it myself - ugh. I went in expecting Skyrim style bow and arrow, and got....hell if I know.

But Beowulf said it was perfect bow and arrow combat with perfect responsiveness and perfect animations, so what do I know.

Blackwulf

N00b
Yeah, I wasn't getting all the hate from the previous live stream of group play a few months ago (haven't watched the video linked above), but once I tried to play it myself - ugh. I went in expecting Skyrim style bow and arrow, and got....hell if I know.

But Beowulf said it was perfect bow and arrow combat with perfect responsiveness and perfect animations, so what do I know.
Why not quote exactly what I said, bud? Anyway, bow works fine, but not what I would call perfect.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Because it's not worth the effort to dig up your post, even if it's only 1-2 pages ago.

Hell, I couldn't even remember your name properly, and it's like...2 posts above mine.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
FFS, those animations are terrible.

Why does this game with a multi-million-dollar budget, have worse character art and animations then the average bargain-basement Korean FTP MMO?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
There's nothing wrong with the art and I don't have a problem with the animations. The game looks fine. The problem is, or was, how it 'feels'.

Give me that fucking art over 'cartoon' garbage every day.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah basically you look at this and it looks pretty alright, maybe even fun, but the combat is so floaty and disjointed it doesn't feel good actually playing it. You can't tell cause you don't see the inputs compared to what is shown on screen so you assume it's just doing whatever the guy is doing but it's a fucking mess. Also can see the Frost Atronarch leashing in that video at around 4minutes, which is pretty fucking stupid in some sort of event like this. Means you can just skirt on the edge of the leash and run away if you need to, or like in this, have it leash because you weren't paying enough attention to how far you dodged its attacks.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah basically you look at this and it looks pretty alright, maybe even fun, but the combat is so floaty and disjointed it doesn't feel good actually playing it. You can't tell cause you don't see the inputs compared to what is shown on screen so you assume it's just doing whatever the guy is doing but it's a fucking mess. Also can see the Frost Atronarch leashing in that video at around 4minutes, which is pretty fucking stupid in some sort of event like this. Means you can just skirt on the edge of the leash and run away if you need to, or like in this, have it leash because you weren't paying enough attention to how far you dodged its attacks.
Good point. The video looks good, but Im not the one playing.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Shit looks pretty good to me /shrugs. I have not been following this game at all so I really dont know the meta play of the game or anything, but based on that last video, shit looks solid. Well except for the fast travel.
You'll have to play it in person to see how horrible the combat is in this game. Videos from TESO themselves are doctored and you cannot get a feel for the combat un-responsiveness by not playing.

It's a shitfest when playing it. Blackwulf is a shill and obviously always has been. Knowing what most people knew from the last beta when talking about combat even in the weekend beta, it's amazing he can sit here and pull shit out of his ass and sugar coat it. I honestly wonder how much he is being paid at this point. All the bugs that were in the weekend yet not in the closed aside, you know, the stuff they can obviously fix in the next couple months hopefully if they get enough stress testing in, isn't the main problem. It's the combat. And it's horrible. And it simply will not be fixed on the timeline they are under when they still need to pass about 30 levels of content under stress load. Not to mention balance all that combat.

As of right now, closed beta testers are wondering if some of the abilities even fire and are asking for parsing to see if they even work as they should.

It's a cluster fuck.

As of right now, closed beta testers are wondering if some of the abilities even fire and are asking for parsing to see if they even work as they should.

It's a cluster fuck.
Sounds exactly like the ability misfire bug that plagued SWTOR from beta until last month when they finally fixed it. No surprise though since this game is getting rushed out the door for April.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sounds exactly like the ability misfire bug that plagued SWTOR from beta until last month when they finally fixed it. No surprise though since this game is getting rushed out the door for April.
That and even though they ripped apart Hero Engine, it still has the same base with the ability lag completely transparent across both games. I think that is going to be the major stumbling block for them. Animation based CD's and trying to equalize those with the GCD will never work unless it is a single player game without any latency involved. While SWTOR has gotten better, it took 2 years. Which is why, given their timeline for launch and lack of 20-50 stress testing the code, there is no way they will be able to allocate the resources needed for this. (And... I basically just repeated what you said... haha sorry)

They really should push to fall 2014 and keep the intensity up throughout the extra 5 months during crunch if they stand a chance of fixing that God Awful ability lag and disjointed combat system. But it's something that probably won't ever be fluid. It * should * piss people off that they are trying to show something other than the game as it actually is, in that video and sugar coating it. Other testers on SA are saying the same thing. If the NDA was lifted and people could post videos, you would see what everyone is talking about but still wouldn't even understand how bad the lag is from firing combat abilities to seeing them produce. More important, just as with SWTOR, we have no parser to gauge if abilities actually work. And we saw how bad abilities were on SWTOR after the parses came out and things were still off even after Bioware attempted to fix all those months in. It's from the same playbook.

MMORPG developers need to develop their own engine from the ground up if they care for longevity and more than just box sales.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
It's a shitfest when playing it. Blackwulf is a shill and obviously always has been..
Pot meet fucking Kettle. Please get out of this thread already. Nobody believes you have closed beta, just like nobody believed you were going to be hired at SOE or had inside info even before one of their devs owned you as a complete phony.

The game was not a complete clusterfuck even when I played it. The main issue for me was combat felt sluggish and it was really boring. That said I did not play much of it. It has a lot of very cool designs, but the game felt mediocre. That said, it's no Vanguard or Shadowbane.

I'm hoping they keep plugging away as I think the game could be fun if they fix combat and streamline it a bit more early on.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pot meet fucking Kettle. Please get out of this thread already. Nobody believes you have closed beta, just like nobody believed you were going to be hired at SOE or had inside info even before one of their devs owned you as a complete phony.

The game was not a complete clusterfuck even when I played it. The main issue for me was combat felt sluggish and it was really boring. That said I did not play much of it. It has a lot of very cool designs, but the game felt mediocre. That said, it's no Vanguard or Shadowbane.

I'm hoping they keep plugging away as I think the game could be fun if they fix combat and streamline it a bit more early on.
Shots Fired....

Blackwulf

N00b
It's quite the opposite of a cluster fuck. It's actually a really good game that gets better with each update. If you played the last beta and hated it, it might not be the game for you. Here's the newsflash: lots of people actually really enjoyed it.

The tone of the comments about this game around the Internet have swung way back toward positive. See the comments on their FB feed or Reddit for examples.

Utnayan, I know you desperately want this game to fail, but it's not going to happen. Accept it. Maybe this won't be your chance to rub Paul Sage's nose in it, or make Matt Firor sorry for not hiring you. Thems the breaks, bud.

Also, since you so clearly hate the game so much, how about uploading a game play video to prove you're in closed beta. Put your money where your mouth is. What you got to lose? Access to a giant cluster fuck?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
It's quite the opposite of a cluster fuck. It's actually a really good game that gets better with each update. If you played the last beta and hated it, it might not be the game for you. Here's the newsflash: lots of people actually really enjoyed it.

The tone of the comments about this game around the Internet have swung way back toward positive. See the comments on their FB feed or Reddit for examples.

Utnayan, I know you desperately want this game to fail, but it's not going to happen. Accept it. Maybe this won't be your chance to rub Paul Sage's nose in it, or make Matt Firor sorry for not hiring you. Thems the breaks, bud.

Also, since you so clearly hate the game so much, how about uploading a game play video to prove you're in closed beta. Put your money where your mouth is. What you got to lose? Access to a giant cluster fuck?
So when this fails, you'll stop posting right?

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm in the wait and see camp I got people blowing ass smoke all over these forums whether the return of the lord and savior or Blackshill.. I learned my lesson about believing the HYPE it it bombs Ill laugh my ass off as people put this game and blackshill on blast if it good hey I got something to play more than likely it well be mediocre and join the list of other mediocre games released good for the free month and than to be shat on and it the mediocre shit that get me the worst cause we really don't need more of that fucking GUY..

Blackwulf

N00b
So when this fails, you'll stop posting right?
If I stop playing it, I'll stop posting about it, sure. It's what normal people do.
I'm in the wait and see camp I got people blowing ass smoke all over these forums whether the return of the lord and savior or Blackshill.. I learned my lesson about believing the HYPE it it bombs Ill laugh my ass off as people put this game and blackshill on blast if it good hey I got something to play more than likely it well be mediocre and join the list of other mediocre games released good for the free month and than to be shat on and it the mediocre shit that get me the worst cause we really don't need more of that fucking GUY..
Yay, let's all just wait and see, and no one have an opinion! Makes for a really fun discussion forum. Your fence riding skills make Canada proud.

Now fuck off until something interesting happens - I'm out, sons!