The Elder Scrolls Online

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Figures the game world get massively better after you get out of that hell hole. I couldnt stomache to even finish that first zone on my first Open Beta invite.

So.. how much are you paying a month for access? Cause Im paying 20 bucks a month for 10 meg connection with no cap and great service. Perfect for my use. A 250gb cap on a high speed connection though would be used up in a couple of weeks I would guess.
60 month for 60/7 unlimited. Also gets me less hops (using same provider but changing to business connection )than before due to priority routing/QoS'd, and about 20ms less off ping times that were 50-60 before now 20-30 for the ones I tested to compare. Was paying 40 before so the extra 20 bucks a month to get all those benefits well worth it to me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm not sure how that rates here, cox has a pretty good strangle hold on my city. I'm at 73.99 for 50/10,

Better get used to it. Every ISP in the US will be on metered bandwidth within the next 3 years.
Everyone said that a few years ago and I still haven't gotten hit yet. No point in worrying about what "might" happen in the future.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Hmm not sure how that rates here, cox has a pretty good strangle hold on my city. I'm at 73.99 for 50/10,

Everyone said that a few years ago and I still haven't gotten hit yet. No point in worrying about what "might" happen in the future.
My understanding is Cox already has a bandwidth cap. I'd check and see your usage and when they'll start charging you for overages.

Even small ISPs have moved towards bandwidth caps. It's the future, since as Kreugen noted they don't want you streaming from Netflix or Amazon.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/support/internet/article.cox?articleId={2fd6ccb0-b13a-11df-4be3-000000000000}

Back to TESO. I've played a good 10 hours today. I can honestly say I like this game far more than FF14. I have no idea if it'll be any good long term but the base game and systems are nice, and they improved combat greatly.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
My understanding is Cox already has a bandwidth cap. I'd check and see your usage and when they'll start charging you for overages.

Even small ISPs have moved towards bandwidth caps. It's the future, since as Kreugen noted they don't want you streaming from Netflix or Amazon.

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/support/internet/article.cox?articleId={2fd6ccb0-b13a-11df-4be3-000000000000}

Back to TESO. I've played a good 10 hours today. I can honestly say I like this game far more than FF14. I have no idea if it'll be any good long term but the base game and systems are nice, and they improved combat greatly.
Cox has a bandwith cap but doesn't actually do anything about it. I exceed it by 500gb every month and simply get an email telling me I've gone over by X. Then nothing happens.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm with Suddenlink, and have a 250gb cap per month as well. The service is good, but not paying the $40-50 more a month for business class, would drop them in a second if I could, but like most areas, is only one game in town.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i get charged 0.5cents for every GB i exceed. And every month, I pay between $10-20 overage fees.

there is no cap to overage fees.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You fucking shill, get out of this thread!

Oloh_sl

shitlord
You fucking shill, get out of this thread!
Played through the newbie experience and expected it to be complete trash based on this thread. It feels...exactly like I expected it.....like Skryim, so far. Can't imagine why anyone would be surprised with anything about this game yet. I am not too excited about it, but it is exactly what I thought of when they said "Elder Scrolls Online." I don't really like Skyrim, btw.

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
I must admit, the graphics, music, and voice acting are much better than I thought.

On the other hand, this game has the most uninspired, floaty, unresponsive, poorly animated, unengaging combat of any MMO I've ever played. Good god, the animations are universally horrible. Can someone explain how a game with this budget can't afford motion cap? Or hell, why couldn't they just recycle the animation assets from Skyrim or something.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I found the starting island a bit boring, but it does get a lot better once you get to the mainland. The combat still does not feel right, though.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a ghetto version of Skyrim.
It's vanilla Skyrim without the 100+ mods that make it amazing to play. And we all know the first thing you do when you load up Skyrim is load up mods to get as far away from vanilla as you can.

It's very pretty with the graphics turned up. Restoration staff is not as fun to play as damage stick sorc was. I frigging hate the animations and the fact that I float when I jump or fall is awful. Quests are much improved. Coldharbor might be the single worst introduction to a game in the history of the world (Compare it to fighting the golem or the wind elemental thing in GW2... good lord...) The only good thing about cColdharbor is that you can load up on lockpicks. Lot of voice in now and it's not horrible. Nice to hear so many familiar voices. Music is decent. Enemies are really dumb but I am still level 6 on one guy and 12 on another. Maybe they get smarter. No questmob bug so far this time which is a nice fix.

I have been playing Landmark for the last week and this game is so GD on rails it's annoying me. I think that might pass when I get over my... hey lets go explore feelings from Landmark. Itemization is STILL shitty. For a half an hour long run everywhere quest you get one reward and that reward naturally has nothing to do with the kind of character you are playing. In the Redguard first few levels you have a lot of "um so what" kind of quests that just sort of end and that's that.

Did I mention it's very pretty? That's the high point for me.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I have been playing Landmark for the last week and this game is so GD on rails it's annoying me. I think that might pass when I get over my... hey lets go explore feelings from Landmark. Itemization is STILL shitty. For a half an hour long run everywhere quest you get one reward and that reward naturally has nothing to do with the kind of character you are playing. In the Redguard first few levels you have a lot of "um so what" kind of quests that just sort of end and that's that..
You really need to get to level 10 for the game to start to open up. The first 5 levels are on rails, but once I got to Daggerfall I pretty much could run and nab quests or kill stuff, or craft. It's fairly open. Theoretically you could grind critters, but at 50 or so exp each it's fairly slow compared to quests.

Granted, the open free stuff so far is standard MMO fare, a la fetch and gather quests, kill these treeguys to save the druids, etc, etc but it doesn't run one from hub to hub. Plus it feels like Elder Scrolls. It does feel very vanilla-ish, but it's not nearly the train wreck some of the people in this thread claim it is.

I do like being able to buy random armor or weapons that could be anything, and the various guilds and factions. I didn't get to do much with the PVP, but really that seems like it could be really good <or bad>.

Draeg,I'll try to channel my inner Blackwulf a bit less. Throw me a freakin' bone here!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I haven't played since early fall , so wondered if anyone had feedback on these.

Is the combat still "off" animation wise or has that improved? The scenery and world looked good even then but the combat animations looked like shit.

The rails thing , can you level past 10 without following the quests ? Slower is fine but still viable , if I have to follow the breadcrumb quests it gets really old fast for me.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
Is the combat still "off" animation wise or has that improved? The scenery and world looked good even then but the combat animations looked like shit.

The rails thing , can you level past 10 without following the quests ? Slower is fine but still viable , if I have to follow the breadcrumb quests it gets really old fast for me.
The combat animations/noises haven't changed. Still feels hollow with no really visceral animation feedback or sound differentiation between hits/misses. As someone said above, even the jump animation is still floating.

RvR gives xp past 10.

Really wish we were allowed to upload video highlighting the stuff we have problems with, it's way easier to highlight certain bugs/nitpicks.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tarrant, my point was more about you lecturing your friend about how he shouldn't like a game he likes. While the game has some convenience factors, it doesn't strike me as a WOW theme park clone, although I definitely could be wrong with my limited playtime. Don't be an Utnayish buzzkiller, dude. I have the opposite problem. I want to like this game, but so far I don't. I'll try it again and see if it can put any hooks into me.
I wasn't lecturing, he was asking what others thought while saying how awesome it was so I responded on how I thought.

Also, to the last part of your post, want to know why you don't like it yet? Because it's a bad game.