The Elder Scrolls Online

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Both Ut and Rosco are zealously battling to drive that point home, just in different lights.
I've made it clear several times now I don't care whether anyone buys the game or not. I just happened to be one of the few people here who could provide factual information about the game. Everything I have said has been backed up by the other closed beta testers Kedwyn, Pyksel and Grave. Our only differences are in our opinions on whether we like how the game was designed or whether we are having fun or not.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I've made it clear several times now I don't care whether anyone buys the game or not.
I don't think the context of my previous statements ever made reference to whether you cared if we bought or not. Just pointing out that the Meat of your guy's rants and headbutts are largely used to let the rest of us know where our money is going all beit in oposing tones.

**DISCLAIMER: This is not an endorsement of shit-slinging, blanket statements or Taco Bell as the following have been proven meatless.**

I appologize if my previous statements seemed to have been needing correction, as always opinions aren't correct or incorrect.

Buen dia muchachito,
Vitality

Parallel45

Silver Knight of the Realm
it is weird reading all the positive posts, it makes me feel totally out of touch. i feel i give all MMOs a pretty fair shake and have played virtually all of them for beta/launch, but I found TESO completely worthless in the 3 beta sessions I tried. Reading all the positive posts here makes me think maybe I missed something
This was my assessment as well. Having seen this forum tear other far better MMOs to shreds, all the positive posts on this game is strange to me. Maybe I'm just too jaded at this point, but everything in the beta has ranged from poor to mediocre at best. I'm not sure if I could even last the free month.

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe I'm just too jaded at this point, but everything in the beta hasranged from poor to mediocreat best. I'm not sure if I could even last the free month.
That's my assessment of the game as well. However, I have found the PvP to be pretty entertaining.

Vitality

HUSTLE
That's my assessment of the game as well. However, I have found the PvP to be pretty entertaining.
Entertainment factor is the keyword for this entire thread. Entertainment value is also largely subjective. I'm in here determining where I can get my entertainment from this game.

I've learned:
PvE in this game will struggle to find relevance in regards to my time spent
PvP is in danger of the same fate if Population caps are abused and Campaign hopping is abundant (which is likely going to be the case)

Time is an investment. Video Games are poor to mediocre investments of time on average as a whole. Those that have lost sight of this fact are in for constant disappointment with this entertainment genre.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Entertainment factor is the keyword for this entire thread. Entertainment value is also largely subjective. I'm in here determining where I can get my entertainment from this game.

I've learned:
PvE in this game will struggle to find relevance in regards to my time spent
PvP is in danger of the same fate if Population caps are abused and Campaign hopping is abundant (which is likely going to be the case)
Giving this game a shot will be an excercise in futility, one that I'm pretty used to by now though.

Time is an investment. Video Games are poor to mediocre investments of time on average.
Your entire post is of course, subjective. As you mention, entertainment is subjective, so the investment value is subjective as well. I don't think it's worth my investment but for others, it's exactly what they want at this time. I can't really remember any truly good MMOs this site has bashed. Lots of average to very flawed ones as is par for the industry. I think the PvP will save it to a point early. I also think having a console crowd could keep just enough people playing so that it has a decent 5-8 year run. It won't be as solid as SWToR(player-base) but will do better than games like AoC, WHO, and probably D&D. Nothing wrong with average unless you really thought this would set the world on fire.

signati_sl

shitlord
If I were you I would wait and see how server stability performs during the next couple of weekend beta tests. That will be the #1 leading indicator on how smoothly the launch will go.
Won't work. Launch days are cursed. Even if they get everything working absolutely perfect for everybody in a stress test so big that the Pope blesses it and there's peace in the Middle East, launch day will still have things go wrong because launch days are cursed. We don't know who cursed them. We don't know how. We don't know why. But it's a fact.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Skills - Elder Scrolls Online

Soul Magic reminds me a little of a necro with the gems thing, rezing..etc.

Wish they had something of a monk class or skills. I dont see anything for open hand, unarmed skills or fist weapons. Am I just skillfully overlooking it?

The Hirelings thing in crafting has me intrigued! Sounds like SWTOR companions or Neverwinter companion sort of things (forget their name) or STO crew.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Ok, found some info about the PC owned shops. Love the idea, just hoping they allow anyone to buy from any guild owned shops with a dynamic setup. Meaning guild members get a discount vs non-members and/or option to NOT sell to non-members.

Inside ESO: No Auction House, What? - Elder Scrolls Online Forums & News Blog | ESO Hut

Inside ESO: No Auction House, What?
No Auction Houses

The Economy in any Online Virtual World plays a big part in many aspects of every players day to day activities, whether it be Crafting, General Looted Items, Finding Rares, Buying Weapons and Armor and equipping yourself with Potions and Food ready for the adventures that await you that day.

Whether Trading face to face with other places, setting up a Shop, Buying/Selling on the Auction House and even dealing with NPC Vendors, it all makes up how the economy evolves and how things get brought and sold between players. To many players within MMO?s, this aspect is a joyful experience and there?s nothing better than finding out all of your item?s have sold for a nice chunk of gold at the auction house. For others it?s a business, with many specializing in selling a certain item type. Maybe your a Potions Master and like collecting the herbs needed to brew them? Then sell all your stock to other players to make a ton of gold back to buy your character other items you may need. Or maybe you just like to farm materials and sell them on, again to make money for yourself and your character in order for you to buy higher level armor in return.

Now, the obvious choice, and for all WoW players, the most known way of buying and selling anything is via an In Game Auction House. It?s simple, quick and makes selling fun and easy.

But unfortunately? There is no Auction House in Elder Scrolls Online.

That?s right, no auction house, no easy way to sell your hard earned goods right. So that means I can?t sell anything right? Wrong!

Due to the fact that Elder Scrolls Online has their MegaServer technology, the developers felt that they wanted to move away from an auction house style economy. Just imagine how many transactions per second there would be going through the system 24/7 with every player in the game buying and selling within the same system. By the time you decided to buy an item, someone else could of snapped it up before you even had a chance.

So, how can I sell my stuff?

Well, you can still sell your items to Vendors, but not for that much of a good price unless it?s junk stuff. Otherwise it?s good old fashioned face to face trade. Offering your goods in the open chat and hoping a buyer will come and meet you.

But that?s not all? There?s also Player Shops!

Guild Shops to be precise, that?s right, each Guild is capable of opening their own Shop, which is available to everyone else within the Guild. Each member will be able to put up for sale any of their items and price them to anything they wish. You can also buy any item in the shop as well.

Won?t this Limit how many Items there are available to me?

Technically, yes. But Guilds in Elder Scrolls can be massive. Don?t forget, you can be in up to 5 Guilds at a time.

In the Beta test I participated in, I joined a Guild and in the Shop there was between 800 ? 1000 items for sale at any one time. And this was only in Beta, so if you think long term, there could literally be 1000's of items for sale in each Guild. Multiply that by 5 Guilds you can participate in and that?s whole lot of items up for sale!

I?m not sure whether outsiders will be able to purchase goods from a Guild Shop, it would be great if they could as then Guilds could specialize in a certain type of item that they sell. So one Guild could be full of potion masters, one of weapon-smiths and one that specialize in armory items. Players would then know exactly where to go to find the items they need, and even find a favorite shop that sells cheaper stuff than others. There?s plenty of opportunity, we just have to wait and see where it leads us?

kudos

<Banned>
Being able to be in 5 guilds while having an emphasis on pvp sounds like a recipe for eve level backstabbing and spying.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Being able to be in 5 guilds while having an emphasis on pvp sounds like a recipe for eve level backstabbing and spying.
Maybe. Spying is only useful if you get actionable intel and for this kind of game I imagine most gameplans are implemented minutes after they're called. Sabotage is pretty easy to mitigate when one is in a 14 year old guild and you have people who are on all the time that you have trusted for over a decade in over 20 different games.

Eve is also different in that there are very expensive assets to own, barter and lose. In most of these games everyone fighting a war is usually so broke from blowing resources on the war machine.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Skills - Elder Scrolls Online

Soul Magic reminds me a little of a necro with the gems thing, rezing..etc.

Wish they had something of a monk class or skills. I dont see anything for open hand, unarmed skills or fist weapons. Am I just skillfully overlooking it?

The Hirelings thing in crafting has me intrigued! Sounds like SWTOR companions or Neverwinter companion sort of things (forget their name) or STO crew.
I really liked the neverwinter companion system along with their sword coast adventures.

But seems the imperials have some really nice racials.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So DragonKnight looks designed right for Imperial. Templar may play well with Imperial also but I don't know if it is possible to make a viable heavy armor sorcerer as a third option.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What do you guys hope to see from Adventure Zones?
I suspect people think they're going to see one of these. And are going to get the other:

BhDx77VCEAExtLR.jpg:large

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I was under the assumption this was the Thieves Guild, Mages guild, Fighters Guild, etc and the PVP is not related to an actual guild.

Sadly, most big guilds are a few alpha personalities stroking their own Epeen with a lot of turnover. It'd be nice if guilds were ingame constructs more than these type of guys.

selis

Molten Core Raider
World be crazy.

Admit it.

That is a weird question to ask in a Elder Scrolls game.

Even weirder that it is valid and apparently entirely viable.

Maybe they are right in York. They believe Ragnarok is coming tomorrow Feb 22nd.

Will the world end in 100 days? Sounding of ancient trumpet in York warns of Viking apocalypse on 22 February 2014 | Mail Online

PvP being the main focus in an Elder Scrolls game, easily as big a sign as all the earthquakes and giant snakes.

I'm Norwegian though. Viking represent! To battle for Odin!!!!!!
I LOL'd.

selis

Molten Core Raider
So DragonKnight looks designed right for Imperial. Templar may play well with Imperial also but I don't know if it is possible to make a viable heavy armor sorcerer as a third option.
If the racials stay as is, I felt the same, I actually changed to Imperial pre-order (again if the soft caps stay as is). I'd rather play high elf for visual reasons but the stats don't lie.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is pretty bad, a extra pay for race with actual benefits. Though can the imperial race be unlocked via in game, then it would be ok.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Unless the imperial lifesteal is just insanely good then I don't think they are that great. More stamina is nice but some of the other races offer more mitigation which in almost every mmo ever has beaten out more health for tanks.

If that lifesteal is really great tho then that is some pretty hardcore p2win bullshit.