The Elder Scrolls Online

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
This is my worry , as I've got the patience for "normal" mmo launch issues , but so far the mega server has had zero good beta weekends and all indications point to a complete fubar at launch. I'd much rather have a 1000 person queue to login to my server then be able to play than have the in game issues it seems they have yet to figure out on the mega-server.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I played 1-8 on a imp sorc and had no issues. No quest bugged, I lagged maybe a few times if that. As far as finding the weapon you want, I picked some chest and got lots of weapons in a short amount of time. And they said they are making more and more items lootable in the world. So if you see weapons etc on a stand you`ll be able to pick them up.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just so bad, went to some ruins north of a town today to do a quest. Have to weaken 10 spirits and use XX to capture them or w/e. Problem being every single spirit in the ruins is bugged, they are either kneeling(state they go into when weakened) or just standing there but none can be interacted with(wont aggro, cant attack etc).

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just so bad, went to some ruins north of a town today to do a quest. Have to weaken 10 spirits and use XX to capture them or w/e. Problem being every single spirit in the ruins is bugged, they are either kneeling(state they go into when weakened) or just standing there but none can be interacted with(wont aggro, cant attack etc).
Dungeons work, AVA works, skyshards work. Just play it like EQ / DAoC and you'll be fine :p

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh even my first dungeon run bugged out. THe quest wouldn't complete(no keeper showed up at first, and when she did show up, couldn't interact) and the final boss would never spawn. This happened in 2 different runs.

I am playing for the AvA but from what I hear its still really slow exp wise. So you still want to power through the pve for the exp and all the skill points, reading bookshelves have given me lots of skill-line level ups for free etc.

Almost tempted to just use the 5 day headstart to do pve and get away from the zerg and all its broken phases/instances.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Uh even my first dungeon run bugged out. THe quest wouldn't complete(no keeper showed up at first, and when she did show up, couldn't interact) and the final boss would never spawn. This happened in 2 different runs.

I am playing for the AvA but from what I hear its still really slow exp wise. So you still want to power through the pve for the exp and all the skill points, reading bookshelves have given me lots of skill-line level ups for free etc.

Almost tempted to just use the 5 day headstart to do pve and get away from the zerg and all its broken phases/instances.
That's shitty to hear on your dungeons. Hope I don't have the same issues ><

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I buy the game the way it is now, I think all the bugs will drive me to quit before I even get to max level. I went back to my Ald Faction Character (since levels under 12 were fairly bug free) and I still encounter quest bugs, dungeon bugs, bugged NPC's, UI bugs, graphic bugs, a couple crashes and more. You know, Im happy that some of are you are doing things at the perfect moment, in the perfect way that the shit isnt bugged yet or for you, but Im not going to be able to poop sock to get ahead of the zerg and I guess Im just unlucky. Pre-orders are doing really well, so the five day head start sounds exactly where the zerg is going to be. I like this game, and want to play it, but I dont think Ill buy it till I see some improvement. I just cant believe that ESO is so close to launch and my noobie experience is full of this shit. Whether its the games management or the fact that its being rushed, either way, this shit needs more time.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Best part is people in zone chat telling me to reinstall the game and repair and update my graphic/audio drivers to fix bugged quest and npcs...

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Best part is people in zone chat telling me to reinstall the game and repair and update my graphic/audio drivers to fix bugged quest and npcs...
It's just as effective as anything else, really. Also see: Live chicken/bucket of Popeye's sacrifice.

Obviously the megaserver tech has issues with getting overwhelmed when the number of phase requests reach a certain critical level. While one can get through it, it sucks. Hopefully they can improve/fix/pixie dust this before launch. I still enjoy my time with the game; I am ready to stop covering ground I am going to have to walk over again at launch.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I still don't understand why they're not doing a more traditional Open Beta where they open the floodgates and let people hammer at their hardware for a solid two weeks or more. It's not like they have anything to lose (except sleep for the engineers involved in fixing shit) and the chances of them pinpointing a show-stopping issue like the bad phasing is greater the longer they have higher loads. I mean, the people on here who say they're in closed Beta have said that their experience is great so it's obvious that the load there is a fraction of what's pouring through Open Beta, which is when the vast majority of issues arise. When they open the floodgates for real they're going to lose a good number of paying customers within the first few days if this doesn't get fixed between now and release. And it likely won't. Even if they somehow convince themselves that they have, without the load that's come with the Open Beta weekends, how can they really be sure?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what happens to the PTS after this weekend? will it keep going until release?

I did that one today. If you relogg you can get enough to finish. Didn't take that long.

1. This game is not finished. No MMOs are finished at release but this one is one of the least finished games to be released in the past few years.

2. Nonetheless its a fun game as long as you have patience. Many of the quests are good stories. The character building is fun. The world is beautiful. When you are in a group, the tougher dungeons are pretty rewarding. Alliance v Alliance is pretty well done and feels fun with a gorup in TS/Vent.

3. It's at least as fun as SWTOR was and I never felt ripped off by that game. I recommend it to any MMO sluts with patience.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, what? The EU mega server isn't in Europe at launch?
We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania and many places beyond, will have a polished, lag-free launch experience. Based on the existing number of our beta signups and because we anticipate that the ESO community will continue to grow after launch, we plan to add capacity to keep up with demand in both our North American and European datacenters.The North American and European megaservers will first be hosted in North America. This gives us a more efficient way to address any platform issues that may arise at launch. After the initial launch phase is over, we will move the European megaserver to the European datacenter ? but this will be a seamless migration for users, without additional downloads, logins or action required.
Source

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I still don't understand why they're not doing a more traditional Open Beta where they open the floodgates and let people hammer at their hardware for a solid two weeks or more. It's not like they have anything to lose (except sleep for the engineers involved in fixing shit) and the chances of them pinpointing a show-stopping issue like the bad phasing is greater the longer they have higher loads. I mean, the people on here who say they're in closed Beta have said that their experience is great so it's obvious that the load there is a fraction of what's pouring through Open Beta, which is when the vast majority of issues arise. When they open the floodgates for real they're going to lose a good number of paying customers within the first few days if this doesn't get fixed between now and release. And it likely won't. Even if they somehow convince themselves that they have, without the load that's come with the Open Beta weekends, how can they really be sure?
I can't come up with any reason they don't do this other than they know their mega-server cannot handle the load. As in they've accepted they are going to get fucked at launch and just are hoping once the rush load dies down it becomes playable. I can't see any other reason they wouldn't test the heavy load longer and actually try and fix other than they know they can't fix it.

MaseK

Molten Core Raider
Want to like the game but my lord it is not ready. On Dominion hit a string of bugged quests that can not be finished. I'm talking about like 3 quests in a row in different areas all ending in a bugged section of the quest line. Some taking you deep in caves, around the map, etc. Come on!

asfastasican_sl

shitlord
I still don't understand why they're not doing a more traditional Open Beta where they open the floodgates and let people hammer at their hardware for a solid two weeks or more.
These beta weekends are nothing more than a farce. If any one of you actually believed that these beta weekends were going to help the launch of this game, I'm not sure what to say.

Did you fill out a survey to help these devs out? Do you think they went over your feedback? Oh? They did go over your feedback, you say? They acknowledged your feedback about the early content being shit? What did they do? Oh... they offered you to skip it instead of fixing it? And they limited your weapon choices in such a way that was never done in any other mmo?

FFS, if anything, having every class being able to use any weapon is completely lazy game design. Even Skyrim did it better. It's even worse than having classes only use one type of weapon like in Wildstar or Tera... and that's saying something. But hey, thats besides the point.

Did you really think they were stressing their servers for the purpose of testing their servers? So why hasn't performance improved and why haven't the bugs been fixed? Why didn't they just do an open beta weekend like WoW did 10 years ago when they brought fileplanet down to its knees?

Yeah, thats when you realize everything about this beta was done half-assed. That's when you realize the devs care less than you do, because they wouldn't even spend the 60 bucks to buy the game for themselves AND you are. Maybe its not as bad as Diablo 3's beta was, but at least Diablo 3's content didn't have bugs.

Some game companies have actual standards. Bethesda, Blizzard, Riot and most console game companies actually put the effort in to release games that are 90% bug-free. Zenimax isn't one of those companies. They are riding the brand name gravy train on this one.

Had one bugged quest yesterday. This afternoon though literally each and every quest in my journal was bugged. Like all 10 of them. Oh, and re-logging wouldn't fix them. So gameplay pretty much ground to a halt. I suppose I could have gone galavanting off to some distant POI to try and pick up another quest but at that point, I just logged. Sorry Zeni- game's not ready for 4/4.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had one bugged quest yesterday. This afternoon though literally each and every quest in my journal was bugged. Like all 10 of them. Oh, and re-logging wouldn't fix them. So gameplay pretty much ground to a halt. I suppose I could have gone galavanting off to some distant POI to try and pick up another quest but at that point, I just logged. Sorry Zeni- game's not ready for 4/4.
Like I said it seemed to get worse and worse as more players moved through each area. After a while you end up where every instance/phase is bugged and relogging does nothing. THus if you play at launch I would try my damnedest to get ahead and away from the crowd.

spronk

FPS noob
don't worry the game has no anti-cheat protection and its trivial to hack data in it, so at launch (or now) you'll be able to run speed hacks, teleport hacks, Z-axis hacks to be invulnerable, and more so you can just kill stuff in god mode and not worry about everything being broken

the reality is that the pc launch is completely a beta for the console launch in summer. pay to beta, the latest innovation from zenimax