The Elder Scrolls Online

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
If they didn't mention their loot system there's no reason to expect that you won't get great loot from those 12mans. It's the neutral position to take.

Hopefully that's not true though. I don't want to run whatever they shit out just so I can compete in Cyrodiil.
Please tell me it won't be so. The last thing I want to do is a Mario Kart group race in a PVE dungeon to be able to compete in PVP.

Surely there will be PVP or non timed/race PVE ways to equip up ?

Felmega_sl

shitlord
(anecdotal evidence: about everyone who's stopped WoW these months in my guild and who's interested in a MMO is looking for Wildstar "because it does look fun". TESO? The only ones who seem to be interested are those who compulsively buy EVERY MMO, and cancel after the first month and come back to WoW)
This doesnt surprise me as I see ESO as having a demographic that is more mature than WoW or WildStar, which I'd bet share Demo's. Thats not a slight on WoW either, I love WoW.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This doesnt surprise me as I see ESO as having a demographic that is more mature than WoW or WildStar, which I'd bet share Demo's. Thats not a slight on WoW either, I love WoW.
Based on what? Somebody always brings up this bullshit based on dumb shit like cartoon graphics.

esloan_sl

shitlord
Based on what? Somebody always brings up this bullshit based on dumb shit like cartoon graphics.
It wasn't me who said it and, I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think the fact that the Elder Scrolls series started in 1994 might allow it to have an older fanbase. At least at first, there will be a lot of Elder Scrolls fans playing and some of them have been around from the first, including myself, and we are old. lol

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It wasn't me who said it and, I don't necessarily agree with it, but I think the fact that the Elder Scrolls series started in 1994 might allow it to have an older fanbase. At least at first, there will be a lot of Elder Scrolls fans playing and some of them have been around from the first, including myself, and we are old. lol
Warcraft started in 1994 also.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
Couple reasons:

1. WoW is completely corporate and mainstream now. The money is with the xbox crowd that WoW has more and more tried to covet with casual decisions and cash shop accessories that look straight out of Disney.
2. Arenas are a younger persons thing.
3. Panda's are somewhat childish to me. Note: Panderia was great.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Couple reasons:

1. WoW is completely corporate and mainstream now. The money is with the xbox crowd that WoW has more and more tried to covet with casual decisions and cash shop accessories that look straight out of Disney.
2. Arenas are a younger persons thing.
3. Panda's are somewhat childish to me. Note: Panderia was great.
What do you think the average age of TESO will be in a year? Keep in mind it's being released on consoles in a few months. Also keep in mind most Skyrim sales were on consoles.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
What do you think the average age of TESO will be in a year? Keep in mind it's being released on consoles in a few months. Also keep in mind most Skyrim sales were on consoles.
Thats right about Skyrim on the consoles. I had forgotten about that. I guess I have no basis for my thinking haha. Just seems like its marketed at a more mature audience - ol' school DAoC players.

As an anecdote, the chat during the Beta was good. No anal jokes and folks helping out for the most part. Cyr chat was full of screeching morons but what can ya do, thats PvP!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thats right about Skyrim on the consoles. I had forgotten about that. I guess I have no basis for my thinking haha. Just seems like its marketed at a more mature audience - ol' school DAoC players.

As an anecdote, the chat during the Beta was good. No anal jokes and folks helping out for the most part. Cyr chat was full of screeching morons but what can ya do, thats PvP!
I think most younger kids play FPS and Mobas now. I think game mechanics usually dictate how people act in games and whether people are asshats or not. Teso will be no better or worse then any other MMO imo, until the Xboners get copies at least
biggrin.png

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Abe is right. We have seen that "This game is for a more mature audience..." shit quite a few times over the years. AoC was going to be for a mature audience because of the subject matter. WAR was going to be a more mature audience than WoW because (insert idiotic reason here) etc. I'll bet you could find a example of someone claiming that same shit with every single MMO that has been released. It has never been true, and it will always be a ignorant thing to say.

You only had to play the beta weekends to see that. TESO isn't a unique snowflake. It didn't attract a more mature audience. You couldn't tell the difference between public chat in TESO or any other game. It won't be any different come launch. You can still expect to see a fight break out about WoW every 15 minutes.
rolleyes.png

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Abe is right. We have seen that "This game is for a more mature audience..." shit quite a few times over the years. AoC was going to be for a mature audience because of the subject matter. WAR was going to be a more mature audience than WoW because (insert idiotic reason here) etc. I'll bet you could find a example of someone claiming that same shit with every single MMO that has been released. It has never been true, and it will always be a ignorant thing to say.

You only had to play the beta weekends to see that. TESO isn't a unique snowflake. It didn't attract a more mature audience. You couldn't tell the difference between public chat in TESO or any other game. It won't be any different come launch. You can still expect to see a fight break out about WoW ever 15 minutes.
rolleyes.png
You could tell from all the carebears on the PTS closed beta forums who were whining that addons gave people a competitive advantage that this game wouldn't be any different than any other MMO when it comes to the maturity level of the player base.