The Elder Scrolls Online

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I lost a bet
smile.png
I never welch.

(Actually I lost two bets) Glad I won $1500 in pull tabs though.

They nerfed the shit out of Mob XP. But I was 8 and a half levels in after about 4 hours. 1.5 to go, and it will be PvP from here on out.

Drednots_sl

shitlord
First day went pretty well. A couple disconnects, 1 bugged quest so far and random horse dismounting at times. A few minor annoyances other than that reached lvl 14 with lots of crafting. I enjoy the crafting system, something I usually avoid. Overall satisfied.

esloan_sl

shitlord
At this point, I don't care if it's the Hero Engine or if Fischer Price designed it, right now it's running smoother than almost any other MMO I can think of on launch. With tons of people on screen, it's run with nary a hiccup for me. If it is the Hero Engine, Bioware should be ashamed of themselves because the difference in how this runs vs. SWTOR is night and day.

If this hold up for the remainder of the launch window, I don't think I have ever seen someone as totally wrong as Utnayan about a MMO. The proclamations that it wasn't fun I can understand, because fun is subjective, but the gloom and doom about the engine and the server was totally off base.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The mob XP nerf is so infuriating. If you built a quest system that would make you want to dungeon-squat in a cave somewhere and just grind mobs all night while drinking, watching movies and shooting the shit in teamspeak you'd have TESO's quest system.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
At this point, I don't care if it's the Hero Engine or if Fischer Price designed it, right now it's running smoother than almost any other MMO I can think of on launch. With tons of people on screen, it's run with nary a hiccup for me. If it is the Hero Engine, Bioware should be ashamed of themselves because the difference in how this runs vs. SWTOR is night and day.

If this hold up for the remainder of the launch window, I don't think I have ever seen someone as totally wrong as Utnayan about a MMO. The proclamations that it wasn't fun I can understand, because fun is subjective, but the gloom and doom about the engine and the server was totally off base.
Put me in the group of people totally wrong about launch. They're still not officially launched of course, but after a day of pre-access this is the best MMO launch ever.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Nice to see PRX still going ass to mouth on everyone, keep the updates coming! Hopefully the game/community is still holding strong in 4 weeks.

esloan_sl

shitlord
Put me in the group of people totally wrong about launch. They're still not officially launched of course, but after a day of pre-access this is the best MMO launch ever.
Everyone assumed problems, because all MMOs have them on launch, but Utnayan proclaimed more than just your standard MMO launch problems. His 'insider' sources proclaimed intrinsic, unfixable problems with the mega server. Thus far, he has been totally wrong.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The proclamations that it wasn't fun I can understand, because fun is subjective, but the gloom and doom about the engine and the server was totally off base.
I would say hold your horses on that until official launch day. This is the 5 day early access, not 3, or official launch. Reports are (Even though I never experienced it luckily) that quests are still breaking all over the place for folks later in the day yesterday, and with an XP NPC nerf that makes little sense, if you have a character progression quest bug you are fairly screwed.

Let's see what happens after the 4th. But shit * is * breaking. The same quest / phasing bugs we saw before. The PTS never saw the issues either, They all happened with weekend beta when server load kicked in.

esloan_sl

shitlord
I would say hold your horses on that until official launch day. This is the 5 day early access, not 3, or official launch. Reports are (Even though I never experienced it luckily) that quests are still breaking all over the place for folks later in the day yesterday, and with an XP NPC nerf that makes little sense, if you have a character progression quest bug you are fairly screwed.

Let's see what happens after the 4th. But shit * is * breaking. The same quest / phasing bugs we saw before. The PTS never saw the issues either until after server load kicked in.
That's why I said so far. Still, I think a pretty large player base is playing now, considering everyone who ordered from Zenimax received the 5 day early access and so many went digital. I have heard a few people with quest trouble but certainly nothing like the beta weekend and certainly inline with most MMO releases.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I agree. (Since I also haven't experienced it yet this time around). Let's hope it stays this way.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
If they did use the Hero Engine it goes a long ways to saying just how shitty the SWTOR devs must have been. Don't really care what engine , just hoping it holds up in massive PVP battles and when the load really hits full launch.

On side class/skill question note , anyone willing to toss out basic suggestion to go for all out AOE nuker or all out AOE heals ?

And really minor issue but would be an irritating one if true , I noted on a couple forums/threads from Feb people griping about the healing colors being red instead of green , thus party members running out of the aoe heals. Wondered if this was true or changed ? (seems odd to have red as healing indicator)

Drednots_sl

shitlord
Correction 2 bugged quests the first day, one I could not finish and the other fixed itself after restarting. They were side quests and not guild quests or the main like last time for me however quest bugs have not gone away yet. Hopefully they don't come back with a vengeance on launch day when more people flood in and tax the server.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At this point what does it matter what engine they used? It works very well.
I think very well sells it short. It's a fantastic engine and does what GW2 still can't do. Which makes it even more frustrating that they had an intern do the animations.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I think very well sells it short. It's a fantastic engine and does what GW2 still can't do. Which makes it even more frustrating that they had an intern do the animations.
Good lord yes. I saw some saying they like the animations , and was wondering if I was the only one who thought the combat animations are the worst part of the game.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Hmm.. better than Rift's? That was my best one to date.

I didn't play the game longer than six months but that went very smoothly.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This is a 200 million dollar game. They didn't have 'some idiot' do the animations... The animators probably had to work within certain constraints that the combat system demands.

I'm enjoying the fuck out of this game and probably already got my $60 worth (I played 14 hours yesterday... 3 crashes in 5 hours when I was in a 50 man Zerg), and if 'meh' animations and a couple buggy side quests are all there is to complain about, then whatever.

Utnayan's predictions focused heavily on the 17+ game. We'll see if he was right in the next few days. Other than that, ZOS should be proud of this launch.