The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
not to worry, you wont ever see or hear from Sharon Carter again. you wont hear about flag smashers. maybe you will see more of Walker and Zemo because thats all anyone has been talking about on this show. there was no buzz for Sam or Bucky at the end of the day. its why i said that Bucky needs to move the fuck on.
no buzz for bucky? several of us have been singing his praises throughout the show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Bucky cant be NuCap...Brainwashed or not he was an assassin for 70+ years, It would have been a PR nightmare.

Heh, think of the poor PR guy that has to spin that one:

> 'Ok, so any potential PR issues I should be aware of ?'

'I, uh, I fought for the nazis in WW2'

> '.....'

'and um, spent the rest of the time since then assassinating people for Hydra'

> '....'

'I got better !'

> '/facepalm'

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
no buzz for bucky? several of us have been singing his praises throughout the show.
his story fell off a cliff after the first 2 episodes. he went on a date with the cute asian girl ,ditched on her and never spoke to her again. he buzzes in to tell the old man what he did and then nopes the fuck out. we didnt even get a good reaction moment out of that. his arc was a huge disappointment. and nobody cares what this board thinks, the buzz for this show is in the toilet. except for Zemo and Walker

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It seemed like they were setting everything up for a second series and yet I thought this was a one shot deal. So many loose ends after this I can't see them wasting time to cover in movies such as Carter, Zemo, Madame Hydra, Walker, etc.

Are they planning on doing S2 Wanda and CapWS or were these leading on to a new series?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So sounds like Disney Marvel TV is 0 for 2 so far

How many more turds they got lined up for this year?

• 1Salty
  • 1Edgelord

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Turd or not, content-wise, Falcon and Winter Soldier was the first Disney+ show to utterly crush Netflix.

WandaVision couldn't. The Mandalorian couldn't. Whatever else Disney has going couldn't. TFATWS could. It definitely gave the mouse a super hard-on and will get renewed for about 87 more seasons, alongside the Cap 4 movie.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 15.17.27.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 15.17.27.png
    184.4 KB · Views: 47

spronk

FPS noob
mandalorian did better it clocked in at 1 billion minute/millions, almost double that of Falcon, it just happened that Queens Gambit and The Office on netflix (lol) did even better

Screen-Shot-2021-04-15-at-12.48.16-PM.png

Wanda Vision indeed didn't do as good, clocking in about half. Falcon just tops the list because Netflix doesn't have anything big going on right now, but Bridgerton and Kobra Kai on netflix both beat Falcon/WS.

Anyways minutes watched is ok stat but nobody cares really except autistic internet sperglords, the only thing Netflix/Disney/HBO care about is how many new subs shows drive to their service and that number is much harder for outside Studio people to know. I'm pretty sure Mandalorian wins in that stat though.

Loki is the next big 6 episode show coming out in June.

If you want something to watch while you wait, I HIGHLY recommend FOR ALL MANKIND on Apple TV. Wife and I just started watching this weekend, it just ended season 2 (10 episodes per season) and we're only halfway through season 1 and its AWESOME. First Apple TV show I've watched and I love it. Not enough to actually give money to Apple though, fuck them I just torrented the whole thing.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This was good. The whole pretending anyone gives a shit that Captain America is black thing was retarded, but its clown world where we convict cops for arresting violent criminals. You've gotta expect some of that is gonna creep into TV. Considering this aired in the era of BLM I'm surprised it wasnt worse.

The captain falcon suit is retarded looking though. Hands down the silliest superhero custom in the MCU.

Captain America has always been the least interesting of the MCU lines, since it tends to focus on boring spy shit. But this wasnt bad. It should be a standalone show. There arent any interesting story lines to continue, just leave this as a one off origin story for the superhero with no powers and the gayest looking costume in the MCU.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Turd or not, content-wise, Falcon and Winter Soldier was the first Disney+ show to utterly crush Netflix.

WandaVision couldn't. The Mandalorian couldn't. Whatever else Disney has going couldn't. TFATWS could. It definitely gave the mouse a super hard-on and will get renewed for about 87 more seasons, alongside the Cap 4 movie.

You are comparing a 6 episode mini-series to some Netflix shows that are just part of the shit they churn out monthly. Ginny and Georgia, Who Killed Sara, and The Irregulars will have multiple seasons pulling those same kind of numbers; and then Netflix will come out with a mini-series that will fucking crush all those numbers just because of the amount of content they vomit out. Disney+ can certainly get there but it is behind the curve if it wants to be the Netflix killer yet take months off between mini-series type shows and have no direct to D+ movies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It seemed like they were setting everything up for a second series and yet I thought this was a one shot deal. So many loose ends after this I can't see them wasting time to cover in movies such as Carter, Zemo, Madame Hydra, Walker, etc.

Are they planning on doing S2 Wanda and CapWS or were these leading on to a new series?
both Wanda and this show were to be one shot deals. later they said there might be a season 2, but that would be further down the line. the Loki show i believe is a regular TV show which will have a season 2 most likely.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
could have easily just picked up one of their phones, which is what i thought he did.
worse.. he was handed the phone. The entire phonecall between him and karli, which was handed off to him by one of the people.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Reset. (Great)
Restore.
Rebuild. (Back Better)

America always has been, still is, and always will be 243% racist. MILLIONS of people hate Sam just because he's black. Those poor downtrodden black people.

This show felt like pure propaganda.

• 6Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Really enjoyed most of the series, but thought the last episode was garbage. Falcon's new suit looks ridiculous. And his speech at the end was so contrived. "Hey, let's not call them terrorists". THEY KILLED PEOPLE. It's like they had this idea for what they wanted Sam to say at the end of the series, then just wrote the story with no thought about how it would relate to his words. With this and WandaVision, they've really had trouble sticking the landing. Bucky was cool though

edit:
You could tell they went backwards from Sam giving his little speech and built the season around that.
My thoughts exactly

Last edited:
  • 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Anyways minutes watched is ok stat but nobody cares really except autistic internet sperglords, the only thing Netflix/Disney/HBO care about is how many new subs shows drive to their service and that number is much harder for outside Studio people to know. I'm pretty sure Mandalorian wins in that stat though.

Yeah, pretty much this. Minutes watched doesn't make a lot of sense cross streaming platform in the same way it does with broadcast tv, in that non-subscribers certainly aren't going to watch it, no matter how good it is.

You might be surprised on sub drivers though, kids are weird. I know at least a small sample size that were 'eh' to Mandalorian but thought having the simpson's back catalogue was literally the best thing ever.

spronk

FPS noob
That’s according to connected-TV and TV analytics provider TVision, which provided data exclusively to Variety Intelligence Platform showing that “FAWS” was the most viewed series of April 2021 across measured platforms. Disney announced “FAWS” was Disney+’s biggest-ever series premiere in late March.

“FAWS” was viewed by TVision panel members nearly 40 times as much as the average TV series the analytics firm measured in April. That suggests the new Marvel series last month grabbed a bigger audience than anticipated April-debuting Netflix and Amazon titles including “Dad Stop Embarrassing Me” and “Them,” respectively.

Falcon rated slightly higher than Wanda Vision (40x vs 35x) but lower than Murder Among Mormons (?) which pulled in 50x

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A pretty wild true crime documentary. Worth watching

• 1Like