The Fall 2019 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Binging old stuff in between new releases.

I can't believe I missed durarara before.

Fantastic show. Celty best girl and it's not even close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
New girl at work. Fresh college grad recommended Prison School to me. I watched one episode and uh. Interesting choice of recommendation.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
New girl at work. Fresh college grad recommended Prison School to me. I watched one episode and uh. Interesting choice of recommendation.

You need to investigate this further, both the show and said lady. You might be in for some ropes and buttstuff.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Binging old stuff in between new releases.

I can't believe I missed durarara before.
I think the biggest problem with the seasonal anime hype and discussions is that people forget there are decades worth of classics, many of which shaped whole genres and tropes. Maybe I should look for a list of recommended classics or something.

• 1Like

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Random list of oldies but goodies :

- Monster
- Elfen Lied
- Bokurano
- Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
- Ergo Proxy
- Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne
- Basilisk
- Claymore
- Gantz
- Hellsing Ultimate OVA
- Kara no Kyoukai
- Kurozuka
- Mardock Scramble (gay dolphins!)
- Noein
- Samurai Champloo
- Shigurui
- Shin Angyo Onshi

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Gundam Wing
RahXephon
Trigun
Full Metal Alchemist (If you like this series, try Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Roughly the same story with a few plot changes/ending. This one follows the manga better, but it's less interesting than the original.)
Rurouni Kenshin
Initial D

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
- Monster

Monster is really a great anime. An anime you're not supposed to binge, but it is hard not to...

Here are a few (non obvious) oldies I like very much :

Paranoia Agent
Haibane Renmei
Now & Then, Here & There
Juuni Kokki
Uchuu No Stellvia
Witch Hunter Robin
Black Lagoon
Spice and Wolf
Noir
PlanetES
Scrapped Princess

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Oresuki is the best take on harms since ...ever.

That shit is legit hilarious.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No Guns Life is spectacular. But I absolutely love crime noire. Even an anime where the English dub is actually superior to the Japanese.

Dat Opening Credit is also badass.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Lol you can tell Clara 's voice actress is having fun with this shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ascendance of a Bookworm has been a lot of fun. Definitely a stark change of pace from the usual isekai shows.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
FGO:Babylonia was a masterclass in animation this week.

Already knew what was going to happen, but damn, it still hit hard.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Super interesting new take on the isekai...

Supposedly, Seiya had already been reincarnated in a new world and was premature in fighting the demon lord. . Seiya before he died, wrote on his palm to always be cautious. Now being reincarnated, he is super cautious.

Super spoilers although I doubt the anime gets this far

So he was isekai'd to another world previously where he was engaged to Risa (the current goddess of his new world) and they lost horrifically to the demon king because they didn't research some pretty obvious stuff. The demon king kills a pregnant Risa and eats the baby right in front of the MC before killing him too. Risa was made in to a goddess as an apology from the goddess of the previous world and the MC has received his cautiousness from those events where he engraved the preparedness skill on to his character sheet or whatever. Obviously Risa and the MC don't remember shit at this point.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Super spoilers although I doubt the anime gets this far

So he was isekai'd to another world previously where he was engaged to Risa (the current goddess of his new world) and they lost horrifically to the demon king because they didn't research some pretty obvious stuff. The demon king kills a pregnant Risa and eats the baby right in front of the MC before killing him too. Risa was made in to a goddess as an apology from the goddess of the previous world and the MC has received his cautiousness from those events where he engraved the preparedness skill on to his character sheet or whatever. Obviously Risa and the MC don't remember shit at this point.

what the actual fuck

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And now Book 4 "Voyage" is complete as well. I'm enjoying this series. Lots of things happening. I hope they're able to tie it all together at some point. Otherwise it'll be like Game of Thrones or something.
I also went and re-watched the video that @Malakriss linked early last page. I now recognize everything shown. Good stuff.
Been a few days since I posted in this thread. I've now completed Book 5 "Reunion", Book 6 "Homecoming" & Book 7 "School Entry". I'm still really enjoying this series. The pacing of the books is good, however this latest one seemed to end rather abruptly.

Orsted the Dragon God was really god damn strong. I look forward to seeing a fight or possible friendship with him in the future. I wonder why she asked him to use healing magic? Oh well, I'll find out soon enough.

• 1Like