The Fast Food Thread

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why are you guys so into Publix out here? Ive been to a couple out here and they seem kind of crappy to be honest. The local Publix isnt even as nice as the Safeway here let alone HEB or one of the nicer grocery chains ive lived near.

It varies by the Publix in question - if you go to the Publix in Viera, I'm pretty sure you'll be impressed - it's nearly as nice as Wegman's up north.

Some of the old (like 20+ yrs) ones aren't that nice though. But they're slowly but surely replacing all of those. The one we had on Merritt Island was apparently a shithole before they built the newer two from what neighbors that predated us have said.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why are you guys so into Publix out here? Ive been to a couple out here and they seem kind of crappy to be honest. The local Publix isnt even as nice as the Safeway here let alone HEB or one of the nicer grocery chains ive lived near.
Don't you fuckin' lip off on my Publix, son!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

battered mozz sticks vs breaded. batter is always sugary and awful.

f2b4d600-488e-48c8-b64b-cb47b9823a80.jpg

vs

62181-1-1540.jpg
WTF battered sticks have you been eating? Just like battered onion rings are far far superior to breaded, so are battered mozz sticks. They are like God Tier, and hence not available everywhere for the plebs to eat.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know this is the fast food thread but ya'll bitches need some standards. This is the only way to fly.

orig_bacon_fried_mozzarella_sticks_201505210330520330593oeiu6.jpg

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Crone Crone if you're ever in Jersey want to buy me a free meal I'd be happy to give you an OTPHJ.
I'll keep it in mind. Was it you that lived across the street from a Whole Foods, and can sit on your patio watching hot bitches in yoga pants?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
WTF battered sticks have you been eating? Just like battered onion rings are far far superior to breaded, so are battered mozz sticks. They are like God Tier, and hence not available everywhere for the plebs to eat.
For real, beer battered mozzerala sticks are fantastic. And beer battered onionrings are by far the best kind

• 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

For real, beer battered mozzerala sticks are fantastic. And beer battered onionrings are by far the best kind

Gotta agree with the back half for sure - on the former, only have had them one place, and EVERYTHING there was amazing so I'm not sure to give credit to the place or the methodology.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Gotta agree with the back half for sure - on the former, only have had them one place, and EVERYTHING there was amazing so I'm not sure to give credit to the place or the methodology.
BWW beer batter onion rings with the sauce they give you are pretty great.

For the mozz sticks, the beer battered ones don't hold up as well as the breaded ones. If you don't get them pretty soon after coming out of the fryer, they are pretty bad. Breaded ones are a bit more forgiving

Vaclav

BWW beer batter onion rings with the sauce they give you are pretty great.

For the mozz sticks, the beer battered ones don't hold up as well as the breaded ones. If you don't get them pretty soon after coming out of the fryer, they are pretty bad. Breaded ones are a bit more forgiving

My fave beer batter rings were actually at a diner in Fell's Point Baltimore (Jimmy's) - strangely enough I'd attribute it to them not keeping the oil 100% clean, perfect cook on them with just a little bit of flavor picked up from fish n chips or something else that shared the fryer with them regularly.

Still have (EVER) to go to a BWW - good to hear a chain does solid onion rings though - I can't think of a single chain I've been content with their onion rings.

[Sidenote: Back from Publix - apparently my phone decided I was in fucking Georgia earlier - ours do rotate on Thursday like Soy thought, Georgia ones rotate today I guess - so no photo evidence tonight]

Vaclav

GARBAGE TIER. They're still OK, as even the worst onion rings are - but there's literally no other onion ring I wouldn't take over BK ones.

With how bad they are compared to other onion rings, it does go to show how decent even an awful onion ring is though.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I like the BK ones, but I'm not sure there is onion in them.

• 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'll take BK onion rings over the shitty onion rings at many other chains. I'm talking onion rings where the breading falls off, or the whole onion gets pulled out when you take a bite, or they are soggy and limp. BK onion rings are always crisp and always delicious. Who cares if they don't have any onion in them?

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

I'll take BK onion rings over the shitty onion rings at many other chains. I'm talking onion rings where the breading falls off, or the whole onion gets pulled out when you take a bite, or they are soggy and limp. BK onion rings are always crisp and always delicious. Who cares if they don't have any onion in them?

Part of what makes onion rings superb is the moisture from the onion inside. They have more like the texture of an overcooked McD's hashbrown on the insides. It's onion ring sacrilege.

I think BK onion rings are what we'd be mandated to get as sides if we ever fell under Sharia Law.

If you get the chance, go to Jimmy's in Fells Point - or if you ever visit the Space Coast I'll take you to my onion ring spot, Dogs-R-Us (don't laugh, great place - best chili I've had outside of a cook-off, really good burgers, and 2nd best O-Rings of my life). Either one should reform your positive opinion of BKs laughable ones.