The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I saw it the other day on the billboard and I was like, "Holy fuck. That actually looks amazing." I usually don't fuck around with McDonald's specialty sandwiches except the real cheap 1-2 dollar types, but I will certainly have to try this. I like how the double is like 7 dollars or something though. Basically a 5 Guys burger at that price. But McD's fries won't suck dick.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw it the other day on the billboard and I was like, "Holy fuck. That actually looks amazing." I usually don't fuck around with McDonald's specialty sandwiches except the real cheap 1-2 dollar types, but I will certainly have to try this. I like how the double is like 7 dollars or something though. Basically a 5 Guys burger at that price. But McD's fries won't suck dick.
It's like an Arby's sandwich, but with a juicy burger.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I went to Carl's Jr in a drunken stupor last night and ordered an El Diablo and the Western Bacon Fries. A+ fat meal. Would get fat with it again. The fries were definitely above expectations.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I tried that burger yesterday, a few bites were good but it was dry as fuck mostly. I assume it was whatever was at the bottom of the burger, there wasn't much on mine. Was it brisket?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Tried that smokehouse burger since it's getting good reviews here. My mobile app didn't load right(first time its fucked up so far) and I held up traffic until they were able to make the basic fix. Glad they weren't all retards. That ended up making it a 10 minute wait for the burger but it was loaded with toppings. Toppings kind of overpowered it a bit but still pretty damn good. Will try again sometime. It's kind of similar to the Dijon one they used to have. I think it's better with the burger patty but I think I liked the Dijon with the chicken options better.

TL;DR- awesome burger by McD's standards but definitely didn't feel worth the normal $5.50 price without coupon. Will definitely try again with a coupon.

• 1Quality Calories

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tried that smokehouse today and it was crap.
Tried the double today and introduced the single to my wife.
(Also gave the "god tier" sweet and sour sauce a try with a happy meal nugget)

Preface:
If restaurants could be rated 1 - 5, where 1 is always bad, don't even try, you may even get stabbed; and 5 is always good, timely, store is clean, and customer service is on point; I first tried the single (my first review) at a 4.
The closest McD to house is a 2; I went in today and sat there as the line built behind me with four Dindus who wouldn't stop talking about their weekend to even turn to greet a customer. I considered demanding service, but usually when one part of the equation is off, all are and I went to the other side of town to a 3.

Coming from a 3-star store, the double was still pretty good - but not fuckballs amazing like my first time (tm). The onion straws and chili were darker in color and not as abundant.
The ratio was off with the double. But new patties are legit, so I still very much enjoyed myself. I'd get this over a Baconator 9 out of 10 times.

Wife, often doesn't finish her burgers. She made a muted noise on her first bite and ate the whole thing. When she finished, she said, "I licked my fingers to the last bite. I could eat three more." She's not the critical reviewer, so she wouldn't indulge me details - but I can attest she doesn't give compliments easy.

As for the sweet and sour sauce, where do I begin?
I stand by my statements that it is mild and borderline bland and doesn't come close to being a standalone sauce or even driver for me - If I had to eat them beyond three and only had SS, I'd probably each the rest plain.
I ate a nug; dipped a corner of burger; a piece of bread; and licked it clean out the container for perspectives - it's basically apple butter. Now, there are people that f'n love apple butter - so maybe the fans here are on that spectrum. I agree it could be niche, but "god-tier" is a misnomer unless by "god-tier," the rating means that it's divisive and leads people to petty squabbles and war.

As for the quote above, even if all components were overcooked and skimp and the burger was dry, I don't see the Smokehouse Bacon Quarter ever being crap - maybe "worth another try" or "too much of a sandwich" but crap alone? You didn't mention customer service or any other indicators - may be troll

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Tried the double today and introduced the single to my wife.
(Also gave the "god tier" sweet and sour sauce a try with a happy meal nugget)

Preface:
If restaurants could be rated 1 - 5, where 1 is always bad, don't even try, you may even get stabbed; and 5 is always good, timely, store is clean, and customer service is on point; I first tried the single (my first review) at a 4.
The closest McD to house is a 2; I went in today and sat there as the line built behind me with four Dindus who wouldn't stop talking about their weekend to even turn to greet a customer. I considered demanding service, but usually when one part of the equation is off, all are and I went to the other side of town to a 3.

Coming from a 3-star store, the double was still pretty good - but not fuckballs amazing like my first time (tm). The onion straws and chili were darker in color and not as abundant.
The ratio was off with the double. But new patties are legit, so I still very much enjoyed myself. I'd get this over a Baconator 9 out of 10 times.

Wife, often doesn't finish her burgers. She made a muted noise on her first bite and ate the whole thing. When she finished, she said, "I licked my fingers to the last bite. I could eat three more." She's not the critical reviewer, so she wouldn't indulge me details - but I can attest she doesn't give compliments easy.

As for the sweet and sour sauce, where do I begin?
I stand by my statements that it is mild and borderline bland and doesn't come close to being a standalone sauce or even driver for me - If I had to eat them beyond three and only had SS, I'd probably each the rest plain.
I ate a nug; dipped a corner of burger; a piece of bread; and licked it clean out the container for perspectives - it's basically apple butter. Now, there are people that f'n love apple butter - so maybe the fans here are on that spectrum. I agree it could be niche, but "god-tier" is a misnomer unless by "god-tier," the rating means that it's divisive and leads people to petty squabbles and war.

As for the quote above, even if all components were overcooked and skimp and the burger was dry, I don't see the Smokehouse Bacon Quarter ever being crap - maybe "worth another try" or "too much of a sandwich" but crap alone? You didn't mention customer service or any other indicators - may be troll

Yeah it was crap, bland, dry, meh. I would never bother to try one again except you guys say it’s delish. Went to my usual McDonald’s, between 1 and 1000, it’s a solid 666.

Hekotat

Yeah it was crap, bland, dry, meh. I would never bother to try one again except you guys say it’s delish. Went to my usual McDonald’s, between 1 and 1000, it’s a solid 666.

I think you just got one from a cook that didn't give a fuck, same as me. A few bites were good I just assumed they skimped on the sauces.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know; *know* the new quarter pounders are good - but even then I've had two on separate locations/occasions that were dry and nearly a waste of my time.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think you just got one from a cook that didn't give a fuck, same as me. A few bites were good I just assumed they skimped on the sauces.

I always ask for extra sauce and if it's too much I just scrape it off.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bogo crafted, so tried the Bacon Smokehouse as crispy chicken.
Not as good. Instead of contrasting the juicy burger, it just added more crunch. Too much.
And at one point, I had a hard piece of chicken composite. It pulled out like a plug and was three chews instead of one.
3/5 would not bang again; do not recommend.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Double smokehouse is pretty good. They made me wait at the next window so it was definitely fresh. Kind of weird the first bite tasted like a steak egg and cheese bagel, then the second tasted like a quarter pounder, then the third got the dijon sauce in it and was completely different from the first two. Very weird. Pretty good, but not quite sure it's worth $7. Probably easy worth $5 though.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Double smokehouse is pretty good. They made me wait at the next window so it was definitely fresh. Kind of weird the first bite tasted like a steak egg and cheese bagel, then the second tasted like a quarter pounder, then the third got the dijon sauce in it and was completely different from the first two. Very weird. Pretty good, but not quite sure it's worth $7. Probably easy worth $5 though.
That first bite description sounds like the artisan bun.

I've since had this burger a number of times I wish not repeat. With that sample size, unfortunately quality varies. and that greatly affects the burger. it hasn't been bad or crap, but once it was "meh" and two times it "wasn't worth it"
granted it also once scored a "fuckballs" and thrice scored "zomg"

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Red robin today after a long trip to trade guns. Tried their $7 double tavern burger w/ fries... Smaller burger like I expected. Was retarded and skipped the siracha one fearing it may be too spicy and got the Smoky jack. Think they forgot a condiment. Fairly bland meh burger though props for getting full pickle coverage across the bun. Waitress sucked and didnt seem to want to bother checking on me except for the first 2 mins after I barely got started. So I ended up skipping the refill on steakfries. They seemed to arrive fairly cool and meh so didn't feel like stuffing another tray of calories I wasn't going to actually enjoy that much.

Shame since I'd been craving RR for some reason lately. Fancy burgers was tempting. Maybe my fault for not getting a fancy $12 one, but probably will just send me back to $2 value burgers elsewhere + carls when they have a good special. (Currently some ghost pepper and jalapeno abobination)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
We went to the Red Robin near us pretty often and the last couple of times we've gone, it's definitely gone downhill. Service has sucked (same thing with missing out on extra fries) and has been slow, takes forever to get seated, missing items, appetizers coming out just seconds before the main meal and we're usually sat at the tiny high chair bar tables with no room thanks to the dumb little kiosk thing. I've been trying to save a little on calories, so I usually get my burgers as a lettuce wrap. Previously, they've been nicely wrapped, very clean and easy to eat and now it comes out as a big, soggy pile that just falls out all over itself. Not sure what's up with the place lately.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
How good are lettuce wrap burgers in general? I've never tried it, but feel like I should for calorie reasons

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wife is gluten free, so I see the lettuce wraps quite often and as mentioned, it varies. Most fast food places are crap, but I'd expect better from Red Robin. Jimmy John's is also on point when you sub lettuce for hoegie roll.

Hekotat

How good are lettuce wrap burgers in general? I've never tried it, but feel like I should for calorie reasons

The only ones I've ever had that are good are from In n Out, everyone else seems to server lettuce dripping with water which makes the burger really weird.