The Fast Food Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The plain white bread with quality BBQ is so true. There's this super ghetto spot in Berkeley that does that and it's the best around. Just some pickup window joint.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Got the meat sweats and passed out for a bit.

Fuck ya I’m going dude Ribs it is!
I forgot to mention...their sauce. We both noticed it. There's a regular, and a Spicy. My buddy wasn't really a fan. After talking, I think a large part of it was that it wasn't your classic 'thick' sauce. It was almost like a thinner sauce, more watery sauce. The flavor of it wasn't bad, though. But the BBQ itself was really good, so the sauce didn't hurt it IMHO. Maybe, in some way, the thinner sauce was better in that it didn't overpower the meat itself.

I want this.. makes me miss living in Kansas City.

wut?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got the meat sweats and passed out for a bit.

I forgot to mention...their sauce. We both noticed it. There's a regular, and a Spicy. My buddy wasn't really a fan. After talking, I think a large part of it was that it wasn't your classic 'thick' sauce. It was almost like a thinner sauce, more watery sauce. The flavor of it wasn't bad, though. But the BBQ itself was really good, so the sauce didn't hurt it IMHO. Maybe, in some way, the thinner sauce was better in that it didn't overpower the meat itself.

wut?

Sounds like Gates which is watery. I love Gates sauce but if I have to choose I’m going Thick molasses.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was out at Pearl Ridge today, so I decided to stop by Moe's. I picked up a Homewrecker in a bowl, drink and Queso dip.

Back in PA, they did a Moe's Monday. All of that for around $7.39
Here... Not so much. Fucking $19.33

I can't even grasp how they came to that price. Never again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As fun as it is listening to you and your old man racist tirades, can you at least confine straight political shit to the political thread?

This temple is sacred and we'll not have your filth defiling it.
lol, i will fix that. sorry. was wrong thread obviously.

BTW nice Wendy's app stuff this week. 2 dave single combos for ten bucks and one dave double combo for 5.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Today was the first day of SmashPass.

100 days of pre-paid food from the same spot. Are their salads shit?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Today was the first day of SmashPass.

100 days of pre-paid food from the same spot. Are their salads shit?

No idea, I always get teh same thing from that place. BBQ Bacon burger with Salted Caramel shake and Truffle fries.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Not Fast Food, but I got some Sonny's BBQ today. Pork 3 ways (pulled, briscuit, ribs), mix smokey and sweet sauce, good shit. Their sauces do work. The ones you buy bottled of theirs in the grocery store just aren't the same.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure how I feel about BBQ chains. Is Florida a big, native BBQ region where chain BBQ locations are redundant, or does it need places like that to fill in the gaps? Honestly just asking.

They opened a bunch of Dickies BBQ here in KC in the last several years. At first, I thought the one location was just a new local place. Then I saw another, got curious, and Googled it. I figured there's enough local BBQ places here that I never need step inside one of those locations.

I feel the opposite way about steak chains these days, though. I can get a decent to good meal at Texas Roadhouse, while a lot of local places have gone south. Jess & Jims was disappointing. The original Hereford House literally exploded and I haven't had a good steak at their other locations. Golden Ox closed, and I guess reopened with a lot of changes, but I haven't tried them since.

We were a pretty sizable cow-town and growing up we were proud of our local steak places, but it seems like every few years one closes or you try it and it's now terrible. But there's at least 3 Texas Roadhouses here that I can think of, and they're always busy. I just don't get it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Not Fast Food, but I got some Sonny's BBQ today. Pork 3 ways (pulled, briscuit, ribs), mix smokey and sweet sauce, good shit. Their sauces do work. The ones you buy bottled of theirs in the grocery store just aren't the same.
I really like 4 Rivers out here.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
My favorite BBQ chain is Shane's rib shack. It's pretty good for a fast BBQ chain. I don't know if it's just in AZ though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
We had a Shane's here in MD. Mission BBQ put it out of business pretty quickly though.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Regime Regime

My buddy got a sampler platter, and extra burnt ends and pulled pork on top, I believe; he said his sausage was jalepeno cheddar. One of his sides was the baked potato casserole

I ordered the brisket sandwich (but they didn't know I was asking for the "The Sandwich" version, so I got the plain brisket sandwich and not the one with onion rings + cheese). I also got the Cattlemans platter, baked potato casserole and hush puppies. I also got an order of fries, and a single rib (you can order 1/2/3 ribs, ordered one...as you can see...dude gave me two and charged for one).

With a Dr Pepper.

Ribs were fantastic. Buddy said they might be best he's had, but he's not sure.

I tried texting him to ask if his other side was cheesy corn or mac & cheese, but he hasn't answered. He's probably in a food coma right now.

JNg62Hu.jpg

WHERE IS THIS? I WANT ONE.

but I don't even have a Hardy's or a Carl's Junior

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm not sure how I feel about BBQ chains. Is Florida a big, native BBQ region where chain BBQ locations are redundant, or does it need places like that to fill in the gaps? Honestly just asking.

They opened a bunch of Dickies BBQ here in KC in the last several years. At first, I thought the one location was just a new local place. Then I saw another, got curious, and Googled it. I figured there's enough local BBQ places here that I never need step inside one of those locations.

I feel the opposite way about steak chains these days, though. I can get a decent to good meal at Texas Roadhouse, while a lot of local places have gone south. Jess & Jims was disappointing. The original Hereford House literally exploded and I haven't had a good steak at their other locations. Golden Ox closed, and I guess reopened with a lot of changes, but I haven't tried them since.

We were a pretty sizable cow-town and growing up we were proud of our local steak places, but it seems like every few years one closes or you try it and it's now terrible. But there's at least 3 Texas Roadhouses here that I can think of, and they're always busy. I just don't get it.
My guess is the cost of meat, maybe? Knew a place that was great finger fried foods, chicken wings, and philly cheese steaks. About 3 months after opening, went to order and was really disappointed at the new food. So much so I brought it up to them and they said they changed distributors. Soon after they were closed. Texas Roadhouse is massive, and so they can negotiate better prices for their meat. So a $20 steak from mom and pop is gonna be WAY different than $20 steak from Roadhouse? Right? Or am I totally wrong?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I feel like there is pretty minimal BBQ where I am in South Florida, which is really a shame. A lot of Southeast Asian stuff is just mia completely. Thai, Korean, nope. There are 1832 chinesse places though, and they all suck

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I was at publix earlier and saw some Ben & Jerries shit on sale and was about to grab a couple of pints. I had my hands on some cherry Garcia and then remembered that fucking hippy loving resist faggot ice-cream and decided I didn’t want my desserts to have a political opinion so I got some public ice cream instead.

• 7Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Publix ice cream is pretty damn good for a grocery store, and it's generally real ice cream unlike most of the other generic shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user