The Fast Food Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How hot is really hot Thai? I ask because I eat stuff like ghost peppers with only mild distress now, but is it on a level higher than that? What do they use for the heat?

There's a Thai place down the road and given where I live it's got to be awful, but now I want it

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If you like spicy Thai food, find a Burmese place. They're a lot harder to find, but god damn do they have some spicy food.

In breakfast news, I've been continuing to explore Chick-fil-a's breakfast options. Today I tried the chicken mini biscuits for the first time. They were not good. The chicken part was fine, but the biscuits were hardly biscuits. I was expecting something similar to their full-size biscuits, but they had a different taste and texture. I ended up going to McD's to get a McGriddle and biscuit palate cleanser before work.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How hot is really hot Thai? I ask because I eat stuff like ghost peppers with only mild distress now, but is it on a level higher than that? What do they use for the heat?

There's a Thai place down the road and given where I live it's got to be awful, but now I want it

in that case definitely try some thai food, thai food is really just chinese food w/ thai jalapenos look at pad thais origins
A dish of stir-fried rice noodles is thought by some to have been introduced to Ayutthaya during the time of the Ayutthaya Kingdom by Chinese traders[4][5] and subsequently altered to reflect Thai flavor profiles.[5]

During World War II, Thailand suffered a rice shortage due to the war and floods. To reduce domestic rice consumption, the Thai government under Prime Minister Plaek Phibunsongkhram promoted eating noodles instead.[6] His government promoted rice noodles and helped to establish the identity of Thailand. As a result, a new noodle called sen chan(named after Chanthaburi Province) was created. Pad thai has since become one of Thailand's national dishes.[7] Today, some food vendors add pork or chicken (although the original recipe did not contain pork because of the government's perception that pork was a Chinese meat).[8] Some food vendors still use the original recipe.
it doesn't matter if the place looks horrible or it's in a bad location, exotic ethnic food (aside from basic chinese takeout) does not stay open unless the food is good or the local asians reguarly frequent it.

If you like soup get some tom yum soup to start off and have some massaman curry if they have a different menu than that choose a curry color

thai food goes by color and in terms of heat/spice - red/yellow/green from hottest to mild.

But they introduce flavor along w/ spice so you get the capsaicin high along w/ thai umami

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Too many peanuts in thai recipes. I got a peanut allergy. @!#$!

• 2WTF
  • 2Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
thai food goes by color and in terms of heat/spice - red/yellow/green from hottest to mild.

Though this is generally true the hottest Thai food I've ever had was a yellow curry. I had to use so many napkins to wipe sweat off my forehead and dry my tears.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
it doesn't matter if the place looks horrible or it's in a bad location, exotic ethnic food (aside from basic chinese takeout) does not stay open unless the food is good or the local asians reguarly frequent it.

Unless you're in Montana where there are no local asians and nobody knows what the food is supposed to taste like. The only Asians in my home town are the guy that owns the Chinese restaurant, his wife, a couple cooks, and maybe a waiter, and then like 12 girls that were adopted as babies from China and haven't seen another asian since and once in a while an Asian doctor will pass through the local hospital.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Unless you're in Montana where there are no local asians and nobody knows what the food is supposed to taste like. The only Asians in my home town are the guy that owns the Chinese restaurant, his wife, a couple cooks, and maybe a waiter, and then like 12 girls that were adopted as babies from China and haven't seen another asian since and once in a while an Asian doctor will pass through the local hospital.
yea if you know your area doesn't have an asian grocer... don't go (asians cannot survive w/o asian food)

I had to ask around and find the "real" asian grocer here in topeka, at first ppl pointed to the "asian store", turns out it's the indian store, which doesn't surprise me cuz the two indian restaurants here are good. But i know theres an asian grocer somewhere, it's deep in, many local roads and listed as a restaurant.

Don't get me wrong, even places like walmart and kroger do a decent job of providing "some" asian and if i don't feel like paying a premium (most asian things are 3x the price) there's always amazon.

But i'm not gonna get fresh asian veggies or kimchee, etc

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had lunch at Wendy's today, and they have a new Limited Time item on the menu.
Maple Glazed Bacon Chicken Sandwich

It takes one of the 3 bar chicken settles. Grilled, Fried and Spicy, then slathers over top with a maple syrup glaze, a slice of provolone, bacon and a croissant roll.

I had the spicy based one and It was really good. The sweet went perfect with the slight spice. I'm definitely getting this again, and I don't even like maple syrup.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well last day in Nashville for now. Decided to go back to the overpriced Barvairian place at Opry Mills, I decided to fuck up some pretzels, beer, and jagersnitizel.

038BBEE7-8F17-4795-8B78-592FAD1955DC.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am kind of glad my Thai derail got some fuckers to eat some Thai the slant eye overlords deserve it.

As for the idea that red/green/yellow curry corresponds to hotness? What kind of fucked up place you going? That means what’s in it. The hotness is added after.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm sick and been really weak. Thought burger king would fill me up and make me feel better

Well. It did not

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Post your dinners

#4 Baconator
Large fries
Dr Pepper
Frosty

C9BEF826-52DB-4E54-B223-97FE4C0CC0AC.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I am kind of glad my Thai derail got some fuckers to eat some Thai the slant eye overlords deserve it.

As for the idea that red/green/yellow curry corresponds to hotness? What kind of fucked up place you going? That means what’s in it. The hotness is added after.

God do i love a good curry. Place near us offers crispy duck in their curries. Peanut curry with duck is fucking amazing.