The Fast Food Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
20181128_124024.jpg

Marukame Udon in Waikiki.
I had the #7 which is a small curry Udon bowl. And 4 tempura pieces. 2x prawn (shrimp), a piece of sweet potato and my favorite, the onion ball. It was around $13 after tax, but so good. Oh, and a Coke.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I pulled that stunt in Thailand, and it knocked me on my ass. I think I've told the story before, but I was in legit distress.

I still wonder if every time I ordered something, as a farang, they toned down what I ordered everywhere I went, or if everyday Thai food isn't all that hot unless they feel like it. Because up until that point, traveling around trying local places, it wasn't unbearably hot. But when I got cocky and asked for it? Fuuuuuck
Most likely, there is white people spicy and Thai spicy. I usually have to go to a place a couple of times before they ever start trying. I recently went to a place that when I ordered "really spicy" he said Spicy and then pointed at me and then at him, made me laugh.
I love pretty much all Asian food but Thai is the king as far as I'm concerned.
VIetnamese is kind of hard to beat but Thai is a close second.

Also, my dinner even though its a blurry photo. Chili dogs, chili fries covered in guacamole salsa and you know I crushed up some doritos blaze on top.

20181129_213949.jpg

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Vietnamese is lame compared all the other southeast Asian cuisines.

I also happen to be in Nashville right now. Went to this joint called The Stillery tonight and tried their Nashville hot chicken. That didn't fuck around! I was crying and sweating but I enjoyed every minute of it. Extremely flavorful. Plus it came with all the bleu cheese I could ask for, a big ass basket of fries, and pickles. Didn't even touch the slaw.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Tired the Maple Bacon Chicken at Wendy's. The Spicy Chicken was A+++. The Croisant looked like it was some frozen piece of shit, would have rather had a quality bun. My bacon was hard as a fucking rock, thought I was going to break a tooth. The maple syrup was messy as fuck, if I was going to order it again I think I'd ask for light. The spicy chicken was fucking great though, it definitely wasn't the same as the Asiago spicy, it had good spice to it. Maybe that's a my Wendy's problem though and they just fuck me on the Asiago. Bunch of fucking clowns working there, and the manager is the worst.

I'll probably try it one or two more times depending on how long it's on the menu, it's not something I'd get permanently though. Rather just have Son of Baconator

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
yea if you know your area doesn't have an asian grocer... don't go (asians cannot survive w/o asian food)

I had to ask around and find the "real" asian grocer here in topeka, at first ppl pointed to the "asian store", turns out it's the indian store, which doesn't surprise me cuz the two indian restaurants here are good. But i know theres an asian grocer somewhere, it's deep in, many local roads and listed as a restaurant.

Don't get me wrong, even places like walmart and kroger do a decent job of providing "some" asian and if i don't feel like paying a premium (most asian things are 3x the price) there's always amazon.

But i'm not gonna get fresh asian veggies or kimchee, etc
Maybe Lawrence, KS has options? That's what, 25 to 35 minutes?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

The Wendy's account(they were streaming Fortnite at the time too) was in his chat.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New arbynator is pretty great imo. Horsey sauce on my arbys Sammie been a staple for a long time.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
New arbynator is pretty great imo. Horsey sauce on my arbys Sammie been a staple for a long time.

Man, i just got a flyer in the mail for that fucking thing 2 days after starting Keto. I'm really considering putting it off til after Christmas to get an Ande's mint shake and a Arbynator.

I have the fucking flyer sitting in my passenger seat taunting me every time I get in the car.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Am I the only one that doesn't like the super sweet bun on the beef and cheddar at Arbys? I always hear people talking about how great they are but then whenever I actually get one I'm turned off by the sugary bun.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Most likely, there is white people spicy and Thai spicy. I usually have to go to a place a couple of times before they ever start trying. I recently went to a place that when I ordered "really spicy" he said Spicy and then pointed at me and then at him, made me laugh.
I get what you're saying, but this was in Thailand. And I was going out of my way to get out of the tourist areas the last week I was there.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Am I the only one that doesn't like the super sweet bun on the beef and cheddar at Arbys? I always hear people talking about how great they are but then whenever I actually get one I'm turned off by the sugary bun.

I can't stomach them anymore, used to be my go to sandwich when I was a teenager and now I lean towards their other options.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I also liked the Arbynator. I got the half pound version, and it's a lot of damn meat lol. I have always added Arby and Horsey sauce to my sandwiches though.

Also I dig the onion roll on the Beef and Cheddars. I get them at the store too for when I make burgers at home.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So, we have a 'snack crate' in our break area/kitchen. A guy will come and restock it and take the money. Honor system. It's usually $1 or $2 short, not because someone is cheating it, but because someone will intend to come back with cash later and the snack guy shows up first.

I've been here 18mo and today is the first day I bought anything. $1 seems high, but...they had a bag of Zapps chips, and I said...fuck it.

Sadly, they were 'regular'. Also, the expiration date was like 12/22/18 or something like that, so I'm guessing the guy buys soon-to-be-expired stuff, I dunno.

Chips were good. I really wish it had been one of the flavored ones, though, because it was just like a 'good' kettle chip.