The Fast Food Thread

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Got that diet blast today. It sure is diet flavor. Meh. Would rather a diet coke.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bros, what are your snack foods of choice when gaming. I can't stand a greasy keyboard/mouse so I need some ideas for Friday. Hit me.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Bros, what are your snack foods of choice when gaming. I can't stand a greasy keyboard/mouse so I need some ideas for Friday. Hit me.
Sargento_SnackBites_900.jpg

most of the products in this line are pretty delicious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Home made chex mix, Original flavor. Can't stand it store bought, but when I make it myself it's so good!!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Flaming hot cheetos, but if I am gaming I'll eat them with chopsticks. Also Ritz crackers and some Merkts Sharp Cheddar or if you aren't a snob some of that Easy Cheese in a can.

• 1Supertaster
Reactions: 1 user

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Spent all day getting the last shit out of our old apartment. Vacuum cleaner clogged up halfway through vacuuming the living room. Ended up with shitty cough the rest of the day and feeling like garbage after hauling everything out. Treated myself to another cheesy gordita crunch box at Taco Bell and planned to rehydrate with a shitload of Baha Blast. Remembered someone mentioned they came out with the zero sugar version. Zero sugar is fucking on point. Very slight difference in taste, but was just as delicious and refreshing as the regular Baha Blast. Got multiple refills and downed that shit with no regrets.
Anyone who claims diet soda is good is trash.

My favorite gaming snack of choice is Old Crow whiskey and some lime sparkling water.

• 1EyeRoll

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider

My favorite gaming snack of choice is Old Crow whiskey and some lime sparkling water.

I agree with diet soda comment. My only exception is Diet Coke - not because it's good, and I can't have it often or else the rule applies, but on rare occassions it reminds me of my grandmother who babysat me from ages 3 to 5, forever ingraining that, fudgecicles, potato straws, and crunchy cheetos into nostalgia hall of fame.

While I've never had Old Crow whiskey, I converted Old Crow from Mice and Mystics to Heroscape and it was a fun scenario.

Referring to Koushirou's quote, I read your comment as cleaning up literal shit and it made sense for luls.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just can't handle the sweetness of Baja Blast, but I love Baja Blast. I'm willing to take a slight change in flavor to be able to consume it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

I gave up soda (so far) this year, when I did drink it I found I liked Dt. Mt. Dew more than regular. It was that or Diet Dr. Pepper as the true diet standouts with Coke Zero up there too.

All others, yes, are trash.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I gave up soda (so far) this year, when I did I found I liked Dt. Mt. Dew more than regular. It was that or Diet Dr. Pepper as the true diet standouts with Coke Zero up there too.

All others, yes, are trash.

I agree on Diet Mt. Dew and Diet Dr. Pepper. I could never find a diet cola I liked though. Another good option though is Diet A&W Root Beer.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Diet colas I can never get into, either, except Diet Cherry Pepsi, but it's obviously got nothing on the regular. Diet Dr Pepper is usually my go-to for sodas (other than Fresca). Diet ginger ales I don't mind too much either since the flavor still stays strong and kind of covers up the diet feel. Lemon-limeish drinks seem to not fare too badly on the diet side, I've found.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i really wish more diet soda was sweetened with sucralose+acesulfame. most of the rest of the beverage industry has switched to that artificial sweetener combo for their low calorie drinks, because it really does taste a lot better. idk why they don't switch the classic diet sodas to it -- maybe too many people have been lying to themselves for years, telling themselves that aspartame tastes good, and now when they're given actual good sweeteners in taste tests it doesn't taste "right" to them?

aspartame tastes straight up bitter to me anymore.

Xevy

Log Wizard
During my bros hardcore EQ raiding days he would get a big bag of cheesy poofs and instead of ruining his mouse/keyboard he would use a wooden skewer like you would for fondue and eat them. Pretty legit. I personally don't "snack" as much as I just take like 5 minutes and pound as much fucking real food as I can and then get back to it.

Diet sodas don't have the sharpness to their sweet taste, but there are definitely very good ones. Diet Dr. Pepper/Coke Zero/Diet Mt. Dew as have been said are amazing. I prefer Coke Zero to any other Coke honestly. A lot of the weirder types of sodas like gingerale and such aren't too bad, but I'd say REAL cream soda and diet cream soda have the biggest gap.

I'd say Diet Dr. Pepper is the king of diets though. Coke Zero closely follows.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Soda is my addiction, and I've tried to go Diet so many times, and it's really really hard. However, I've found that Diet Coke, and Fresca are 2 sodas that I can drink on the regular and be ok with. Has to be the right kind of Diet Coke. Either the 12oz cans, or bottles, otherwise it goes down hill so damn quick. To me, even Diet Coke from a fountain machine isn't that great.

As far Diet Dr Pepper and Diet Mtn Dew, both are disgusting, but that could be due to me remembering how damn good the ice cold 12oz can of each tastes?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've been drinking Mello Yello Zero lately and it's pretty good but there's only one store here that carries it. I'm also partial to diet Dr. Pepper and ginger lime diet coke.