The Fast Food Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
when i worked at Taco Bell, all the sauces were in bottles with the nozzle at the bottom, which helped avoid that problem. damn gross that BK doesn't do that.
Every other sauce had a bottle but mayo was just this giant-ass tub that we would just put back in the fridge at the end of the day.

Even if they don't do that anymore, I haven't been able to eat mayo since.

Nothing else at BK was gross. We threw food out if it sat in our steamer too long, made a lot of stuff fresh to order if we could, and the burgers were flame broiled. Never met any bad food practices there.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
My Chick-fil-a biscuit this morning was shaped like a heart. Even the chicken was shaped like a heart. How they do that?

• 5Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My Chick-fil-a biscuit this morning was shaped like a heart. Even the chicken was shaped like a heart. How they do that?

tumblr_o4k424Wdqk1qbg1lxo2_250.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
All fries are good fries. They might be varying degrees of good, but I would not turn down any of the fries on that chart.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the only fry I've ever actively hated was Dennys' fries, though I guess that's what I deserved for eating at Dennys.

Xevy

Log Wizard
All fries are good fries. They might be varying degrees of good, but I would not turn down any of the fries on that chart.

Fast food fries can always be salvaged with ketchup. Now when people make like homemade steak fries and they're just giant wedges of essentially boiled potatos? Fuck that shit. What a waste. Just fucking bland carb sticks. I hate baked potatos for that exact reason.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So....

Maybe I'm blessed with an above average one. But my local Del Taco has reinvigorated my interest in them. I often am lulled into the garbage fat and cheese of a taco bell cheesy bean and rice.

But Del Taco has several items that I want to try, but failed to get to after having 7 taco's the other day.

Fish Taco's. 2 for $4, fresh lime wedges with them. Phenomenal. Except for a defunct chain, the best I've had in this state. Out of a fast food chain it's a surprise. Then again I've always heard even their burgers are good.

Jumbo shrimp taco's. Not quite as good, but pretty respectable, but a tad high at like $2.60 for one. One thing as I was relishing all the fresh cilantro, sauce, pico, lime, etc flavors was..... I actually wouldn't mind like a veggie version using 2 wedges of avacado. Which.... they have numerous avacado dishes. Just didnt get to try the chicken street taco's with them.

Speaking of chicken, I finished my gluttony with the Thursday, 3 for $2.50 soft chicken taco's. The tortillas had been crisped slightly on the griddle, fresh grated cheese veggies, soft juicy chicken unlike the dry hard chunks of other chains. The star of these though is this creamy garlic sauce or whatever it is. The 2nd go to item for me here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Man, I love a good fried fish taco with cabbage and lime on it. I have yet to find one anywhere in Montana. Del Taco's are surprisingly good for fast food.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So....

Maybe I'm blessed with an above average one. But my local Del Taco has reinvigorated my interest in them. I often am lulled into the garbage fat and cheese of a taco bell cheesy bean and rice.

But Del Taco has several items that I want to try, but failed to get to after having 7 taco's the other day.

Fish Taco's. 2 for $4, fresh lime wedges with them. Phenomenal. Except for a defunct chain, the best I've had in this state. Out of a fast food chain it's a surprise. Then again I've always heard even their burgers are good.

Jumbo shrimp taco's. Not quite as good, but pretty respectable, but a tad high at like $2.60 for one. One thing as I was relishing all the fresh cilantro, sauce, pico, lime, etc flavors was..... I actually wouldn't mind like a veggie version using 2 wedges of avacado. Which.... they have numerous avacado dishes. Just didnt get to try the chicken street taco's with them.

Speaking of chicken, I finished my gluttony with the Thursday, 3 for $2.50 soft chicken taco's. The tortillas had been crisped slightly on the griddle, fresh grated cheese veggies, soft juicy chicken unlike the dry hard chunks of other chains. The star of these though is this creamy garlic sauce or whatever it is. The 2nd go to item for me here.

I miss that place so much.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So....

Well, I know exactly what kind of food I'm getting tomorrow. The Del Taco is a 90 minute round trip, so I'll settle for Taco Time!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Got Wendy's today. I feel like Wendy's pound for pound is the absolute worst fast food place if you need to remove anything from your order (MAYO)

75% of the time, that MAYO is there.
Must be your location. They're pretty good at customizing orders out here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
KFC potato wedges being down there is a travesty.

Also just had steak and shakes spicy chicken for the first time. It might be my favorite spicy chicken sandwhich.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Steak n Shake knows what they're doing on most food items. I think the fries could use some work, but they're delicious with the cheese sauce.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Steak n Shake knows what they're doing on most food items. I think the fries could use some work, but they're delicious with the cheese sauce.

Steak n Shake's fries are decent but they have the lifespan of like 2 minutes. Once they aren't hot they are trash.