The Fast Food Thread

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
Diet Cherry Limeade and Lemonberry Slush are the only reason I would ever be there. Sonic is the Hilary Clinton of fast food: why would you EVER pick it over literally ANYTHING else? It's also spendy, like at that price point I still wouldn't get it if it was mediocre.

I may have p'zoned myself out. I ate one a day with friends/family for like 5 days and now when I think of them I feel a little sick. I know that in a week I'll get another set of 4 for $14 though.

KFC chicken and waffles is back, and fuck that noise. 3 Tenders + waffle is 5.50. That's a shit deal even by KFC standards, the waffle is 1/3 of what you would expect an actual waffle to be (though the waffle is good). To compare, the $5 fill up box with 3 tenders comes with: a drink, a cookie, and wedges or potatoes and gravy. There's just no reason to pay 50 cents more to lose all your sides and drink for a small waffle.

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
My local pizza hut is good man I don't know what you want from me. Sonic is garbage throughout the US. Stuffed crust is something I get once in a while. P'zones are obviously something I overindulged in.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Pizza Hut was way better 15-20 years ago before they started cutting corners to cut cost. But then again, their prices now are pretty much cheaper than what they were 20 years ago...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I dunno man. Our Sonic is awesome

They're still trying hard since it's new-ish. I believe Sonic is one of the only places this thread universally agrees about. Almost everything there is terrible.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I went to the Sonic by us when it was relatively new and it was on the low end of "ok". Not shocked it didn't survive sitting next to the almost-flawless Chik-Fil-A.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Went to Subway today for the first time since I can remember. Their fucking bread isn't meant to be thrown in a toaster oven, they don't even ask you these days they just throw that shit in there. I know they added them some years back to copy Quiznos but seriously Subway you faggots are garbage.

If nothing else it was a reminder to not bother going back.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Went to Subway today for the first time since I can remember. Their fucking bread isn't meant to be thrown in a toaster oven, they don't even ask you these days they just throw that shit in there. I know they added them some years back to copy Quiznos but seriously Subway you faggots are garbage.

Really? They just threw the bread in without asking? That's bullshit for another reason than the obvious. Not that it is that big of a deal to most people, but toasted sandwiches get taxed, whereas cold ones don't. Not that the store gets to keep any of that, but maybe it boosts sales figures? I don't know. Since there are about 4 Togo's within 5 miles of me, I haven't eaten at Subway in at least 5 years, except for one time when I got a gift card. As you said, it was a good reminder for me to never go back.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

Subway is absolute garbage tier and there is never a good reason to go there.

The yeastastic smell alone drove me away years ago.

My wife brought home a meatball sub for the kids and they refused to eat it. I said how bad could it be? I took a bite and promptly threw it in the garbage.

Subway makes me mad that they even exist.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And they have locations fucking everywhere. Only Starbucks seems to have more locations. Who are these schmucks going to all these Subways?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Your sauces -- is each bite enjoyed with either one or the other sauce individually, or do you ever go crazy and mix the two together?

I’m not a big mixer. I even went and got Chick-fil-A sauce as a symbolic gesture to Mario Speedwagon Mario Speedwagon

Each nugget is enjoyed per sauce.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
And they have locations fucking everywhere. Only Starbucks seems to have more locations. Who are these schmucks going to all these Subways?

I read some data about subway a while back. Their biggest market demographic segment are Mexicans/Latinos. I forget by how much. They alone support nasty Subway.

Thundercloud Subs, Jersey Mikes, Jimmy John's are the only sandwich places I go these days. Thundercloud subs is the best.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Subway and D'Angelo are all we have up here. Think I've seen one jersey Mike's ever. Usually I'll just get a sub at a pizza shop, but once a year I'll.be starving in the he middle of nowhere and there's the goddamn subway. Never really.good, but at least it fills me up.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
All we had for years in my town was Subway. I don't eat there very often anymore, since I'd rather grab some Firehouse, but the meatball sub is a guilty pleasure of mine. Also when they were doing the garlic bread stuff it made that meatball sub amazing.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I gotta tell you guys, even though I fear judgement, I eat at Subway about twice a month. It's right next to the rink, and when the kids are done with hockey, it's an easy meal. We all have our favourites. The bread is no where near as bad as you guys are saying. Compare Subway's bread to McDonalds' buns. And then there is the fact that Subway has fresh ingredients (all the veggies), and that's not so bad.

Sorry, guys. Subway ain't the end of the world. I'd rather eat there than Sonic, Long John Silvers, or a host of other crappy fast food places.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Subway is tolerable. But will I ever CRAVE it? Fuck no. It's like a place I eat when some one else is supplying the food. If I have my choice I'll 100% get Jimmy John's. I've had Jersey Mikes once in an airport and it was okay, but I wasn't amazed. I've been meaning to go to Which Wich, but they're in a weird place in the city I'd have to be way out of my way to try it.

Subway's sweet onion teriyaki sauce is pretty good. Spray it on whatever meat and a bunch of veggies and it's a decent sandwich. Their chicken chunks are fucking awful though. Their meatball sub is laughably bad for a place that advertises it so hard. I used to get their disgusting Seafood Delight or whatever, just fake crab meat and mayo and cheese. I fucking loved it.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The Jimmy John's closest to me closed because it was terrible. Their bread was always hard. Their tomatoes were always mush. Nothing was good.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My problem with Subway is the way they store all the meats and how it all looks the same is kind of off-putting. I don't think it's as bad as people say but it's never my first choice.