The Fast Food Thread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Have you tried Gates BBQ in KC? They have a 'spicy' but you might not think it is. But I remember growing up and thinking it was. But my palette has changed a lot so it doesn't seem so spicy anymore. I doubt I'll ever get to legit 'Asian' levels of hot, but I think I'm doing ok for someone raised on mashed potatoes and saeurkraut (with the spiciest thing we ate being objectively mild chili).

Gates is one of the places you go to where they expect you to know what you want as soon as you step up, and they use to yell at you some. Not sure if Regime Regime remembers it that way or ever went there. But growing up, I thought it had a somewhat 'spicy' BBQ sauce

I haven't pulled the trigger on Prime yet, but if it stacks with prime pantry I might.

Looks like they offer discounts for student EDU. I have both student and employee EDU accounts, so maybe it might be worth it, I dunno

I recently bought a bunch of this Nongshim stuff; kinda meh on it. I like the Maruchan Hot & Spicy Chicken better, even though I wonder if that's on the 'low' end of the quality ramen spectrum

View attachment 211580

Lanx Lanx Erronius Erronius Joeboo Joeboo

The three best spicy BBQ sauce hands down (coming from a lao wai that lived in Chengdu eating hot pot and shaokao)

1) Joes’s “Night of the living Sauce”

It’s spicy 🌶 and very flavorful.

2) jack stacks spicy

IMO the best due to it’s smart use of black pepper helping create this double whammy of spice.

3) classic Gates

Dip your fries in it for a mouth orgasm

My personal collection:

Of course nothing is Dave’s insanity hot because that’s just chemical heat garbage.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
All i want is for jalapeño kettle chips to burn my fucking mouth and a day later my asshole

• 2Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All i want is for jalapeño kettle chips to burn my fucking mouth and a day later my asshole

Ok well do I need to mail these too you? Ask Intrinsic Intrinsic how he felt lol. They are not Ghost Pepper peanuts DA BOMB level of hot but my favorite habanero. For what you want they are hot though

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lanx Lanx Erronius Erronius Joeboo Joeboo

The three best spicy BBQ sauce hands down (coming from a lao wai that lived in Chengdu eating hot pot and shaokao)

1) Joes’s “Night of the living Sauce”

It’s spicy 🌶 and very flavorful.

2) jack stacks spicy

IMO the best due to it’s smart use of black pepper helping create this double whammy of spice.

3) classic Gates

Dip your fries in it for a mouth orgasm

My personal collection:

View attachment 211615

Of course nothing is Dave’s insanity hot because that’s just chemical heat garbage.
Dang joeboo. Where'd that guy go?!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I haven't had them in years but Tim's Cascade Jalapeno Chips are probably my favorite ones. They aren't super hot, but just the right amount of "keep eating" burn and some nice afterburn.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't had them in years but Tim's Cascade Jalapeno Chips are probably my favorite ones. They aren't super hot, but just the right amount of "keep eating" burn and some nice afterburn.

Tims use to be the bomb but they have fallen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of spice we had Thai tonight and I ordered it “spicy”. First bite had so much chili oil I thought I was going to pass out. Recovered and powered through and it was delicious. Not looking forward to this one coming out the other end tomorrow.

Happy Fathers Day!

• 3Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ok well do I need to mail these too you? Ask Intrinsic Intrinsic how he felt lol. They are not Ghost Pepper peanuts DA BOMB level of hot but my favorite habanero. For what you want they are hot though

View attachment 211616

Ackkhhttuaallyy! I though those were hotter than the peanuts. I actually snacked on those throughout the day. Those chips though, man for whatever reason they fucked me up!

Back in DC in two weeks, need a good spot. The Dubliner was fun but a little something different.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
goldbelly.com having a sale on Lobster rolls!! Is it the end of the Season? Trying to get rid of them? $109 for 4 , which is about what I was paying when I went to Boston back in 2017, so at least when they are 45% off, it's not over priced!

Is that kit to make a Maine Lobster roll, (cold with mayo) or Connecticut Lobster roll? (hot with butter) Inquiring minds need to know, because cold lobster rolls are bullshit. That price hurts my brain. Lobster roll should be a solid $15-20. Unless it's something extra special.

In the Noank suburb of Groton/New London there's a place called, Ford's Lobsters, that makes the "Lobster Bomb" 1/2lb of lobster in a breadbowl smothered in lobster bisque. GF and I got them last summer, $42 a piece.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ackkhhttuaallyy! I though those were hotter than the peanuts. I actually snacked on those throughout the day. Those chips though, man for whatever reason they fucked me up!

Back in DC in two weeks, need a good spot. The Dubliner was fun but a little something different.

well PM me maybe we can hang out.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So now I fear for the fate of my go to fast food burger....

I saw that, but I'm really thinking they're just doing this to fund their expansion.

The real question is whether the investment partner will just be happy funding an expansion and making a return, or if they're going to eventually grab the steering wheel and turn it into shit.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I saw that, but I'm really thinking they're just doing this to fund their expansion.

The real question is whether the investment partner will just be happy funding an expansion and making a return, or if they're going to eventually grab the steering wheel and turn it into shit.

In my life I have had the "experience" of being part of multiple companies invovled in a "We have sold controlling interest to a PE firm to help us grow/expand/whatever" scenario. My personal experiences in this have me currently believing we should be savoring what is left for however brief a time it is. It ALWAYS starts off with "We're not going to change what makes this company great, we're just hoping to help it grow"... Then eventually at a point in the growth curve it becomes "If we make just a few changes we can considerably increase the returns we're getting"... and you can imagine where it goes from there. I have NEVER seen a PE group remain a "silent board" in the long run.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is that kit to make a Maine Lobster roll, (cold with mayo) or Connecticut Lobster roll? (hot with butter) Inquiring minds need to know, because cold lobster rolls are bullshit. That price hurts my brain. Lobster roll should be a solid $15-20. Unless it's something extra special.

In the Noank suburb of Groton/New London there's a place called, Ford's Lobsters, that makes the "Lobster Bomb" 1/2lb of lobster in a breadbowl smothered in lobster bisque. GF and I got them last summer, $42 a piece.

View attachment 211653
From the pictures it's Connecticut style? I agree, a lobster "salad" roll is bull shit!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user