The Fast Food Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It wasn't even a lot of money. Any decent sit down restaurant will have entrees around $20.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For my steak/italian subs I make I just buy like 2-3lbs of the most rare roast beef at the deli counter, usually around $8/lb when on sale. They also now sell shredded ribeye at kroger which I buy a few packs of this. Sauteee all that shit up with onions and bell peppers, maybe mushrooms if you like. Cover with cheese slices, I like muenster, cover for a few min until melted through on low heat. Place in some fresh italian buns. Serve with shredded lettuce and tomato with whatever sauce you want. No need to mail order that shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It wasn't even a lot of money. Any decent sit down restaurant will have entrees around $20.

Yeah, although it sounds like you are supposed to order multiple courses at $20 a piece if they are only 5 bites each. $20 isn't a lot for a steak but maybe it's a lot for 2 ounces of steak when you can get a 20 oz ribeye at most restaurants for under $35.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Restaurant prices are getting out of hand all over the place now. The prices on that menu don't seem bonkers, in fact, that's what you could expect to pay at chain restaurants around here nowadays. But it's gotten to the point where even I, as someone who used to go out to eat like 3-4 days a week, very rarely do anymore.

I went to a local tavern that used to be a great value for the money last week and the burgers on the menu were $18. 18 bucks for a goddamn burger and it only came with chips, there was an up-charge if you wanted an actual side... at a bar.

This guy is an idiot though. Eat all the food then refuse to pay and act like it's somehow false advertising. As if they had pretended it was a buffet but only gave him one plate of food.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For my steak/italian subs I make I just buy like 2-3lbs of the most rare roast beef at the deli counter, usually around $8/lb when on sale. They also now sell shredded ribeye at kroger which I buy a few packs of this. Sauteee all that shit up with onions and bell peppers, maybe mushrooms if you like. Cover with cheese slices, I like muenster, cover for a few min until melted through on low heat. Place in some fresh italian buns. Serve with shredded lettuce and tomato with whatever sauce you want. No need to mail order that shit.

Grilling rare roast beef is a sin! But yeah, can't go wrong with ribeye for a cheese steak.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just put this on my Butterfinger and it was glorious.

• 4Quality Calories
  • 3Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been subbing out lettuce for spinach on all my hoagies/sandwichs. So much better and it has actual nutritional value where as lettuce is 90% water.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been subbing out lettuce for spinach on all my hoagies/sandwichs. So much better and it has actual nutritional value where as lettuce is 90% water.

Incoming round 2 of lettuce haters vs lovers

• 2Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The usual American inventor strategy is to eat 90% of something and claim this or that was wrong with it to fish for discounts and what have you. Eating all of it and then simply saying, "lol I'm not paying for this you false advertising assholes." Is just absurd. White collar dine and dash?

I managed a high end steak restaurant in Chicago and white people did this all the time. Eat 75% of the steak and claim it was not what they ordered and demand it be taken off the bill. This is not a black person thing.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I could be passed out with the controller laying on its side on the floor with the left analog stick stuck on the left position and score more than brekk brekk :)

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Had to go back to Australia to get a decent burger

Fries with chicken salt and calamari in the paper.

Cooked myself a decent steak as well

Going to miss the food here when I get back

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users