The Fast Food Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Seriously what's with these retard companies and removing the shit that is actually good from their menu's BK once again took away Angry Whopper they can eat a dick. Taco Bell needs more Volcano shit. Do these people hate money?
Marketing.

I'm guessing that they have a release cycle planned out well in advance, where they cycle new promotions in and out.

Look at the McRib. There's people that would eat the shit out of it...but enough to keep demand high enough, and constant, for it to be a regular menu item? Probably not. But bring it back occasionally, and for the limited time it's available, sales will be especially high. SAles start to taper...bring in the next limited edition special promotion.

A lot of brewers do that too much nowadays, IMHO. Instead of brewing their standard beers, they cycle through a fuckton of limited editions.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Fuck we just went to Taco Bell the other day, didn’t see anything good special/box-wise. Was thinking of what to get for dinner today and was thinking Taco Bell before I remembered there weren’t any good special items. When the fuck did those reaper fries start?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Marketing.

I'm guessing that they have a release cycle planned out well in advance, where they cycle new promotions in and out.

Look at the McRib. There's people that would eat the shit out of it...but enough to keep demand high enough, and constant, for it to be a regular menu item? Probably not. But bring it back occasionally, and for the limited time it's available, sales will be especially high. SAles start to taper...bring in the next limited edition special promotion.

A lot of brewers do that too much nowadays, IMHO. Instead of brewing their standard beers, they cycle through a fuckton of limited editions.

Although marketing is a part of it, McD's apparently rolls out McRibs after there are price drops in pork.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fuck we just went to Taco Bell the other day, didn’t see anything good special/box-wise. Was thinking of what to get for dinner today and was thinking Taco Bell before I remembered there weren’t any good special items. When the fuck did those reaper fries start?

I think they started Friday or Sat.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ppl will say it's waicist
ZEf2QF6hQJzWKdTabUM3xH-650-80.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Marketing.

A common story, but not the case here.

The Volcano menu was around as a permanent menu fixture for roughly five years, from 2008 to 2014. Lava Sauce has been brought back once as a limited time promotional item, on the Volcano Quesarito in 2015.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
A common story, but not the case here.

The Volcano menu was around as a permanent menu fixture for roughly five years, from 2008 to 2014. Lava Sauce has been brought back once as a limited time promotional item, on the Volcano Quesarito in 2015.

You say I'm wrong, but your citation also mentions its removal due to declining sales. It may not have ALWAYS been this way, but it is now, correct? And if sales aren't enough to keep it on the menu full time, then why besides marketing would they bring it back on a limited basis?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
And if sales aren't enough to keep it on the menu full time, then why besides marketing would they bring it back on a limited basis?

*Shrugs* your example was the McRib, which comes back yearly. Lava Sauce was only ever used as a promotional item once since it left the regular menu six years ago.

That said, I'm sure they know what they're doing, and they must not think it's worth bringing back. I suspect it's a little too spicy to generate enough sales to be worth making? Or maybe just public perception is such?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Chick minis
Chicken buscuit
Hashbrown
Dr Pepper

View attachment 214631

Yezzz.. The chik'n minis. I can systematically destroy a catering size plate of those with little thought and even less guilt....

Not really fast food, but the family restaurant I go to often has gotten in on the plant-based meat trend with a sort of hybrid patty made from both beef & plant based stuff. Came as a sort of sandwich style on some sourdough bread, tomatoes, lettuce, some sort of avocado, american cheese, onion tanglers, and sriracha.

Shit was surprisingly good. It had a really different texture than just beef and it would never pass as a meat patty, but it stood on its own.
Try the counter-opinion....

This is not just nostalgia. Grandy's was all over OK and TX and their biscuits were top-tier. You knew that going in because they were still serving all you can eat fried chicken livers and gizzards well into the early 2000's. They were the real deal and it is sad that they are all gone now.

Grandy's HQ is up in Lewisville (north of Dallas) IIRC. So there are still a few around Dallas. Closest one to Chez Haus is over near Valwood and 35 I believe. And yes, in high school we would often get Grandy's to eat, and get an extra box or two of just rolls.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I went through the Taco Bell drive thru tonight and got the Reaper Fry Burrito or whatever it was.

I'm not sure I have the words to describe how underwhelming and disappointing it was. I might literally have to sleep on this one.

EDIT: reading the receipt, it's a "Steak Reaper Burrito" for 2.99

I hate when they charge you for broken dreams and lies

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I had the Reaper Fries Supreme. I thought the flavor and everything was good, but the heat is minimal. I of course didn't go in there expecting reaper heat, but it should have at least been hotter or equal to Diablo sauce.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It’s volcano sauce tacos or bust. All of their rattlesnake, reaper, bullshit marketing sucks fat donkey cock.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
2 for $6 Bacon Beef n Cheddars from Arbys is the far better option to that rattlesnake shit.

• 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users