The Fast Food Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This is all foreign language to me and I'm both midwest and west coast. I've generally recognized every brand mentioned here. But these posts?

It's a very specific belt. They don't exist in New England either. It's a foreign concept to 95% of the USA. But the people who actually experience it understand.

The only reason I even know about Sheetz is because I dated a girl who lived in Lancaster, PA for a short while. I gotta tell ya though, it's legit.

Another thing that's legit from Lancaster, PA is Amish beef jerky. Goddamn it's good.

But to balance out the good with the bad from that area of the country? Scrapple. Holy fuck is that disgusting.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
This is all foreign language to me and I'm both midwest and west coast. I've generally recognized every brand mentioned here. But these posts?

East coast recognizes west coast. West coast is but a memory, RIP, great wave 2020.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Another thing that's legit from Lancaster, PA is Amish beef jerky. Goddamn it's good.

But to balance out the good with the bad from that area of the country? Scrapple. Holy fuck is that disgusting.

I can speak to these.

One, Amish beef jerky is amazing. My cousins growing up back in Ohio lived in Mansfield. So many Amish. We'd drive through miles of beautiful sunflower fields. That Amish. Really good breakfast places too. Best pancakes ever.

Two. Scrapple. Awful. In Cincinnati we had goetta. Terrible poor people food that gets overhyped because it's some local bullshit.

I fucking love Cincy style chili though.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Sheetz popcorn chicken I’ve had is with the old bay seasoning paired with the Dr Pepper BBQ sauce. Goddamn I’d always get it when I stopped heading back and forth between school and home. No Wawas on the way so I’ve only been there once. They looked like they had a little bit more on the menu, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wawa basically replaced 99% of the 7/11's in NJ/PA, you can't go 1 mile without driving by one, then they added gas stations to them all. Their coffee sucks but fuck paying 2.50+ for a medium at dunkin', I'll opt for the savings in a caffeine emergency. They leap frogged over to Orlando, probably to cash in on all the snowbirds. I must have passed 10 of them just trying to get out of Orlando itself last year.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Not having anywhere near me, all I can think of when you guys mention Wawa is what a retarded name

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah we've got nothing up here, just Cumberland farms which also sells moderately ok good.

Had Sonic Saturday. Got a double bacon cheese burger, tots, and popcorn chicken. Popcorn chicken is pretty good from there but the rest was garbage tier. Bacon was super hard.

The blast I got after sucked because it was an inch of ice cream and m+Ms then like 6 inches of just ice cream, then the bottom was just m+ms. Made me angry

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Wawa is definitely becoming a thing in Florida. I know of at least 1 where I live, though it's in a direction I never drive so I've never actually stopped there. I'm pretty curious now. It's not actually far, only a couple miles, I might have to make a trip one of these days.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Sheetz popcorn chicken I’ve had is with the old bay seasoning paired with the Dr Pepper BBQ sauce. Goddamn I’d always get it when I stopped heading back and forth between school and home. No Wawas on the way so I’ve only been there once. They looked like they had a little bit more on the menu, though.

That might be the best thing at Sheetz. They are really expensive for what they offer but it's usually pretty decent food. They are all over NC now but I still prefer QT and their coffee shakes.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This sounds like the time I was in Cleveland, and I ordered some fried chicken off Uber Eats, and it was amazing! Then later figured out it was from a gas station I was thoroughly surprised. I was like wtf, that was from a gas station? Maybe the best part of Cleveland, actually.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
In Indiana we have new travel plazas on the highways. There's something called "Ladson grill" in it. They make burgers and sandwiches and fries and all the things you'd expect, but they also make some really good, unexpected sandwiches. Everything is made fresh to order, and they use good ingredients. There's also a standard convenience store, and a pre-packaged sandwich counter. You can get something for everyone in there. Fast sandwich, slower tastier stuff, hotdogs, everything. It's all in one big room, and it's always spotlessly clean. I've never seen anything quite like it before they built them last year. It's pretty great. You can even get fresh fruit if you want it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wawa basically replaced 99% of the 7/11's in NJ/PA, you can't go 1 mile without driving by one, then they added gas stations to them all. Their coffee sucks but fuck paying 2.50+ for a medium at dunkin', I'll opt for the savings in a caffeine emergency. They leap frogged over to Orlando, probably to cash in on all the snowbirds. I must have passed 10 of them just trying to get out of Orlando itself last year.
well you also can't "pull into" a DD to get a coffee as easily.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Lettuce adds zero value. It's bitter crunch. That's gross. Spinach or arugula? Sure. There's actual flavor being provided there. But just regular ol' lettuce? Naw. That shit sucks.

Tomato can be fine but when I order a burger I want the fucking burger. All that other shit just detracts from the flavor I actually want. When I order a burger from BK, Wendy's, or McD's I actually order them plain.

100% this. Lettuce is fucking crunchy water (shit is literally 96% water) and has no business on a nice, juicy burger patty - same with tomatoes. Outside of ketchup and pasta sauce, tomatoes can get fucked.

Tried the chipotle flavor of the double-stacked tacos from Taco Bell today. I wanted to make one of them reaper ranch but they were sold-out. A solid 7/10 for flavor but a 10/10 for "quality calorie" to dollar value. I can't wait to try the reaper ranch flavor now.

• 2Like
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Supertaster
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Someone needs to make a restaurant inside a grocery store where you can literally order anything to comes to mind since they have everything.

You want a grilled cheese with bacon. Bam here you go mother fucker
You want a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. No problem
Cook me up some French Toast, then make me a BLT with Avacado.
Want us to run to aisle 6 and make you X,Y,Z you fucking name it. Whatever you can imagine the sky is the limit there is no end to the possibilities. Do you enjoy some weird combo shit, well no problem they have it all order a PB&J with Pickles on it like you were some pregnant whore wash it down with a pint of ice cream.

They could do this in states with legalized weed so people will order weirder and weirder shit. If I had Jeff Bezos money I would do this just to see what happens.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
100% this. Lettuce is fucking crunchy water (shit is literally 96% water) and has no business on a nice, juicy burger patty - same with tomatoes. Outside of ketchup and pasta sauce, tomatoes can get fucked.

Tried the chipotle flavor of the double-stacked tacos from Taco Bell today. I wanted to make one of them reaper ranch but they were sold-out. A solid 7/10 for flavor but a 10/10 for "quality calorie" to dollar value. I can't wait to try the reaper ranch flavor now.

Reaper Ranch is probably the best of the bunch with the Nacho Cheese one sucking major dong. Order a couple of Double Stacks with some Baja Blast and you are solid.

Also who is ready for the new Baja Blast Taco?

iu

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Someone needs to make a restaurant inside a grocery store where you can literally order anything to comes to mind since they have everything.

You want a grilled cheese with bacon. Bam here you go mother fucker
You want a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. No problem
Cook me up some French Toast, then make me a BLT with Avacado.
Want us to run to aisle 6 and make you X,Y,Z you fucking name it. Whatever you can imagine the sky is the limit there is no end to the possibilities. Do you enjoy some weird combo shit, well no problem they have it all order a PB&J with Pickles on it like you were some pregnant whore wash it down with a pint of ice cream.

They could do this in states with legalized weed so people will order weirder and weirder shit. If I had Jeff Bezos money I would do this just to see what happens.

I mean there would be no way to kitchen prep for that shit. You could order shit and wait way longer than just going to a place that caters to what you want.
Reaper Ranch is probably the best of the bunch with the Nacho Cheese one sucking major dong. Order a couple of Double Stacks with some Baja Blast and you are solid.

Also who is ready for the new Baja Blast Taco?

iu
The reaper ranch is way too "mayo-y" for me. Tastewise I enjoyed the chipotle cheddar one more. The nacho version is their standard shit they have all the time. If I want nachos, I'll get nachos.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Apparently Nashville Hot Mozz sticks are a thing. This could turn it around for Vanguard. Holy shit do I now want these.

yk6cnr7yprb41.jpg

• 5Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am not really a popcorn guy, but I can get a craving for it once in awhile. That said I really liked the new Cheetos Flaming Hot Popcorn. Overtakes my old fave Oke-Doke Hot Cheese.