The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Houston is the second largest entry point for new immigrants and we have a ton of Asians of all varieties. There are a bunch of overseas chains that put locations in Houston to serve their diaspora.

I'm going to go get that sometime next week.

I checked their menu. Closest thing you can do is get their Home Run Curry with Pork Katsu and get extra sausages and a Chicken Katsu as a topping.

Then get extra curry sauce, and as much fukuzinzuke as you can. Eat all the toppings, then dump the fukuzinzuke on the leftover curry rice and top it with the extra curry sauce.

Nothing you can do about the two on the side salisbury steaks unless you procure them elsewhere.

Their "To go" Curry packs in the yellow box are almost as delicious as the fresh stuff and come in a boilable retort. Very easy to make.

• 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Houston is the second largest entry point for new immigrants and we have a ton of Asians of all varieties. There are a bunch of overseas chains that put locations in Houston to serve their diaspora.

I'm going to go get that sometime next week.
having to find asian grocers in many states (for others as well) i've now used the h-mart rule

google "state + Hmart" or use their store locator
e1dd3b4440e4712fad738df5ff809eb5.png

as an indicator to the asian populace

Texas has 6 H-marts

while my current state of Kansas has a F-mart...

(btw i love this place for what it is, but i haven't been back since covid, i know covid is silly but i have literally haven't had any asian interactions other than my wife)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Pacific ocean market I think is better. 120th.
I used to live close to H-mart, so never went to that one. The deli section there is great though. Little meal sized packs of tofu or fish balls with some spicy sauce and vegetables.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I used to live close to H-mart, so never went to that one. The deli section there is great though. Little meal sized packs of tofu or fish balls with some spicy sauce and vegetables.

I destroy the bulgogi cart every time I go through H-mart.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was an H-Mart a couple blocks from my office that I always wanted to go to... I will definitely check it out once I'm done working from home.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
(btw i love this place for what it is, but i haven't been back since covid, i know covid is silly but i have literally haven't had any asian interactions other than my wife)
Now imagine growing up in here. To me, seafood was Red Lobster, LJS and Captain D's. I don't remember dim sum being anywhere when I was a kid, though it's more popular now. I know where I can get chicken feet here, but I honestly don't know if that would have been a thing 30-40 years ago.

I still have a hard time eating seafood. We ate fried fish when I was a kid, but that was about it. It's night and day compared to the coasts. If I was an Asian immigrant, I'm not sure moving here would be my first choice, either.

And this was growing up in a metro area, and not in the other 99% of the state that was objectively worse. There's an unbelievable number of 1 street towns with 1 diner and a Caseys and a few other places, but that's it.

At least now people can shop for stuff online and have it delivered, instead of driving 30m+ to the nearest town just to buy socks. Picture Topeka, but now picture Topeka as the preeminent economic and cultural hub for a lot of people. And it just gets worse the farther west you go.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Now imagine growing up in here. To me, seafood was Red Lobster, LJS and Captain D's. I don't remember dim sum being anywhere when I was a kid, though it's more popular now. I know where I can get chicken feet here, but I honestly don't know if that would have been a thing 30-40 years ago.

I still have a hard time eating seafood. We ate fried fish when I was a kid, but that was about it. It's night and day compared to the coasts. If I was an Asian immigrant, I'm not sure moving here would be my first choice, either.

And this was growing up in a metro area, and not in the other 99% of the state that was objectively worse. There's an unbelievable number of 1 street towns with 1 diner and a Caseys and a few other places, but that's it.

At least now people can shop for stuff online and have it delivered, instead of driving 30m+ to the nearest town just to buy socks. Picture Topeka, but now picture Topeka as the preeminent economic and cultural hub for a lot of people. And it just gets worse the farther west you go.
i don't trust anyplace here with seafood, it doesn't make sense logistically, its so bad i had to make my own sushi, and i hate making my own sushi, and i only buy frozen, vacuum sealed or if the fucking lobster is in a tank and moving.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

Has COVID made you ashamed of being Asian?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You have more genetic material from actual chickens than BK nuggets do.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, this is the best burger Wendys or anyone else has come out with in a few years.

Pub-Cheeseburger.jpg

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I had these the other day, and they are really good. They aren't spicy, but they are much better than regular mcnuggets.
$5.50 ish for 10 nuggets even by themself is a bit steep though vs wendys spicy at 1/3rd the cost.