The Fast Food Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm thinking about being a real fatty and ordering McD's delivery. Not a worthwhile post, but an update I felt appropriate for this thread.

While the convenience is nice, Uber Eats, Doordash, Grubhub are all the most overpriced rip off scams of any company out there. All of them honestly should be face fucked through false advertising with the way they price shit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The last three times I drove last the taco bell it was dead, and it was one of the ones with a really long drive thru due to how busy it is. I wonder how bad they're hurting.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
While the convenience is nice, Uber Eats, Doordash, Grubhub are all the most overpriced rip off scams of any company out there. All of them honestly should be face fucked through false advertising with the way they price shit.

I mean, how is it a scam to pay extra to have delicious fast food delivered to your door?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Fast Food is only good for about 4 minutes after it comes out of the drive-thru, how the fuck would anything from Doordash be good?

• 2Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
"Hi Internet app thingie, I'd like a bag of cold french fries and a sloppy mayo-covered Baconator that has returned to it's congealed meat-state."

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The last three times I drove last the taco bell it was dead, and it was one of the ones with a really long drive thru due to how busy it is. I wonder how bad they're hurting.
Yeah mine used to be like that but they sit next to or close by a Mickey Ds, Popeyes, Chick-fil-A, and to a lesser extent Wendy’s and Burger King. No one really going to the bell here. I did do a Baja Blast with a spicy chicken sandwich tho.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fast Food is only good for about 4 minutes after it comes out of the drive-thru, how the fuck would anything from Doordash be good?

I've only gotten McD's delivery once but it was at my door within 15-20 min after I ordered. It was impressive. Fries still tasted fresh.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No different than the millions of people that order and take it home, except someone is taking it to you instead? It's not cold?

I do agree with Boozecube that it's insane how much extra they charge. The food itself is more expensive, and then the service fees, delivery fee, and then most want you to add a tip ontop of all that. Easily can double the price of some meals.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
BiteSquad here is $5 a month for “free” delivery. Basically they wipe out the delivery charge which you make up in one to two orders. Then I’m only paying extra for the tip to driver which I vary based on whether or not they follow my delivery instructions.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was door dashing until my family got the Rona and found out it was just a bad cold.

Drive thru life now

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ive only used fast food delivery in extreme circumstances (kids are asleep and I'm alone, or drunk, etc.) because I agree it typically sucks. I love watching someone on door dash pick up my food, go completely in the wrong direction to get to my house, and show up 20 minutes after the delivery time with cold food.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ive only used fast food delivery in extreme circumstances (kids are asleep and I'm alone, or drunk, etc.) because I agree it typically sucks. I love watching someone on door dash pick up my food, go completely in the wrong direction to get to my house, and show up 20 minutes after the delivery time with cold food.
yeah I did doordash some blizzards and they were a little melted lol. My bad for being lazy.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm not a fan of door dash. The half life on most fast food is very short, so I'll just grease up my car like a proper american.

• 3Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not a fan of door dash. The half life on most fast food is very short, so I'll just grease up my car like a proper american.
Sometimes the big raid needs you more than your car.

1605203576679.png

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I did a month subscription to doordash just to try it out. It's $9.99/mo but you get free delivery. 2 days later I cancelled it as I do with every monthly service I just want to try so I don't forget and get charged on auto-renew.

Well... doordash immediately cancelled my free deliveries. Instantly, that day I no longer got the benefit of the $9.99 I had already paid for the month. That shit should be a class action lawsuit. Fuck doordash.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've also used UberEats a couple times and found the entire process to be much better. Not driving in the wrong direction, etc. Also the delivery people are friendly as opposed to Door Dash where half the time they are on the phone with someone while walking up to my door...

• 1Truth!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was already borderline on doordash then they sent me that fucking BLM email and I immediately deleted my account

• 1Truth!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
All the talk about pizza had me go get a pizza puff for lunch and a beef hot and wet.

Attachments

• 20201112_115304.jpg
    20201112_115304.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 27
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity