The Fast Food Thread

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck that. I got used to not having to shove Mexican families out of the way because they decided to get food samples for dinner.
Weird I never have that problem ever but you do live in Vegas so that makes sense.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Cloggng the fucking lanes with their oversized costco carts to get a fucking chicken nugget? Around my parts its more Indians and Asians, fucking rude ass people.
My girlfriend realized she hated Indians after getting a Costco membership and going to the Dallas stores. No fucking manners at all; I always would talk shit about them not paying attention and they just stared at me.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
free samples and people who can’t move out of the way are why I go to Costco as soon as is it opens. Around here it’s polish people. There are times I’ll go and not hear a single word of English.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Those jerk chicken chips were good.

Now I really want jerk chicken. I miss the torchy's jerk chicken taco!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
They just opened a Torchy's here, in an old BK building.

I have not tried it yet. Is it worth it?
Torchy's is great. I liked it a lot because it was right next to my old office. They also do weird tacos of the month which I liked. My favorites:
  1. Brushfire (Jerk Chicken). Good spiciness. -> This one is my favorite.
  2. Green Chile Pork. Can't go wrong with it.
  3. Trailer Park. Damn good guilty pleasure.
  4. Mr. Orange or Pink... the salmon one.

It is a bit on the expensive side though.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Torchy's is great. I liked it a lot because it was right next to my old office. They also do weird tacos of the month which I liked. My favorites:
  1. Brushfire (Jerk Chicken). Good spiciness. -> This one is my favorite.
  2. Green Chile Pork. Can't go wrong with it.
  3. Trailer Park. Damn good guilty pleasure.
  4. Mr. Orange or Pink... the salmon one.

It is a bit on the expensive side though.
Torchy's is alright, but it's hard for me to go there when there's so many legit taquerias around here. If I were up somewhere in the north of the US I'd totally recommend it, but down in texas I just stop and the place with 30 work trucks parked in front at lunch.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You go to Torchy's for weird tacos. Not standard taqueria tacos.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The problem I have with the authentic taquerias here in KC, is that they're not located near where any of my friends/family live. You either need to hit somewhere like Kansas Ave or Central in KCK, and most people live 20-30 miles away (fucking Johnson County)

The Torchy's they opened here is in a great location, relatively speaking. I'm just praying that this place doesn't get run into the ground like the people who franchised Chuy's did (yes, the owners managed to destroy any promise with them, after wrecking other places the same way)

I'd kill for somewhere like this to be in a better location, but if it was, I'm not sure if it would be as good.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The problem I have with the authentic taquerias here in KC, is that they're not located near where any of my friends/family live. You either need to hit somewhere like Kansas Ave or Central in KCK, and most people live 20-30 miles away (fucking Johnson County)

The Torchy's they opened here is in a great location, relatively speaking. I'm just praying that this place doesn't get run into the ground like the people who franchised Chuy's did (yes, the owners managed to destroy any promise with them, after wrecking other places the same way)

I'd kill for somewhere like this to be in a better location, but if it was, I'm not sure if it would be as good.

oh god i flew back in last night and wanted to catch some dinner and decided to try kobiq, what a fucking mistake

overpriced fake bland korean food, i was leary when i saw only white ppl eating there, and the front of the house was all white ppl too... but, give it a shot?

nah, garbage and it's like the highest rated korean in kc too.

also, when did they have those electro scooters now? i see bands of roving hoodlums just running up and down the streets

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
oh god i flew back in last night and wanted to catch some dinner and decided to try kobiq, what a fucking mistake

overpriced fake bland korean food, i was leary when i saw only white ppl eating there, and the front of the house was all white ppl too... but, give it a shot?

nah, garbage and it's like the highest rated korean in kc too.

also, when did they have those electro scooters now? i see bands of roving hoodlums just running up and down the streets

The Crossroads or Westport one?

I've never been to either and both those areas are hit and miss with a lot of potential for hipster bullshit

Not sure about the scooters. Occasionally I'll see them north of the river, but hilariously I think then it's more someone without a car trying to get to work LOL. But further south it's probably just a lot of retards out on the weekend

You should have gone with your gut instinct, LOL.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The Crossroads or Westport one?

I've never been to either and both those areas are hit and miss with a lot of potential for hipster bullshit

Not sure about the scooters. Occasionally I'll see them north of the river, but hilariously I think then it's more someone without a car trying to get to work LOL. But further south it's probably just a lot of retards out on the weekend

You should have gone with your gut instinct, LOL.
you would probably die eating at the wesport one b/c thats kobiq - sushi, fucking jesus lord have mercy, eating fucking sushi in kansas? have you made out your will yet?

i have never eaten any type of seafood out here, and i'm sure thats why i haven't been sick or near death

many times ppl said "lanx, lets goto **** sushi place, come teach us!!!"

"fuck you, you all can die of ring worm, i'm not eating seafood in this god forsaken culinary hellhole"

my wife follows the same mantra as well, i'm pretty sure everyone thinks we're snobs, but fuck, i'm not puking my guts out cuz i know kansas seafood will kill you.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is total bullshit you know. Fish is frozen on the ship these days and it makes no difference how far you are from the ocean. All sushi fish is required to be frozen even on the coasts to kill parasites.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is total bullshit you know. Fish is frozen on the ship these days and it makes no difference how far you are from the ocean. All sushi fish is required to be frozen even on the coasts to kill parasites.
and mexicans are the sushi "chefs"!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Even if you’re scared of diseases from food being raw, which is silly talk in general, you can get one of those fried sushi roll monstrosities you find at any proper sushi restaurant. Deep fried everything deep fried again in roll form. Yes please.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I didn't even know that the two locations were differently themed. WTF? Why?

I thought about that location a little bit, and then it dawned on me that it's only like 5 storefronts south of a strip club.

1622441109881.png

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Was it spicy at all? Did you try the cajun sauce too?
Since I didn't get any reply I scienced a 20 piece of nuggies last night. The cajun sauce had a nice flavor to it, but not much by way of heat. The sweet chili sauce was hotter, but still not much heat. I would put it at slightly less heat than the hot mustard.

• 1Like