The Fast Food Thread

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Horse is pretty delicious. In Eastern Europe they sell big horse sausages a lot of places. Not gonna lie, I’d try this.

Most Japanese people eat it raw like this

horsemeat.jpg

It's called Sakuraniku because of the pretty colour

sakuraniku.jpg

• 4Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was wondering how much beef Japan imported, and while Googling about meat imports I fell down a random 'Internet' hole.

What the hell is 'whale' flavored horse meat? Fucking Japan, LOL

View attachment 386304
Ever since whatever YouTube rabbit hole we were talking about a couple weeks ago I find myself frequently getting lost in 45 minute udon noddle shops videos.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Nothing better than grabbing some french fries and opening my favorite thread to bloody horse meat.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ever since whatever YouTube rabbit hole we were talking about a couple weeks ago I find myself frequently getting lost in 45 minute udon noddle shops videos.
yea there are so many of those channels now and they are all hd, with long shots (so you see shit being done) and no one says shit, it's so much better than these other youtubers that sit in a booth and turn the camera on themselves and slurp noodles, like bitch i don't want to see you chew n shit, and give you their horrible, "like omg its so good"

i believe mogumogu might ve been the first ones cuz japan was locked down and covid so shit... moma and pappa san have loads of time to let some dude film them for a day.

now there are so many copycats, i believe one channel name is just fucking noodle udon soba japan, and shit lulz

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Raw beef is godly. I always loved stealing a little bite of raw hamburger when I was a kid and my mom was cooking, and even now as an adult if I have a nice new york or ribeye i'm about to cook i'll slice a thin strip or two to eat raw.

Whenever I can I order tartare or carpaccio.

carpaccio-1fp.jpg

Beef-Tartare.jpg

I've had food poisoning once in my life, about 10 years ago, from a fucking tub of mixed greens from the grocery store.

• 2Barf
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
When my daughter and her family moved back to Wichita from Houston I asked my grandkids what they wanted to eat so I could take them out for lunch. They wanted fish so we went to Long Johns.They wouldnt touch the fish, they were use to the good stuff from Houston and just couldnt stomach the fast food fish. lol

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can proudly proclaim I have never in my life eaten at a Long John's. I remember that my mom, growing up, used to LOVE fried fish (fish sandwiches, fish sticks, fish n' chips, etc.). The only Long John's in town used to be right next to Taco Bell. So, she'd order some bullshit from there and us kids would always get Taco Bell (which we also sorta hated, because their toys sucked dick).

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Apparently Jack in the Box purchased Del Taco?

I used to crush the fuck out of an Ultimate Cheeseburger plain and their Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich, but I really don't visit Jack in the Box much anymore (which, to be fair, is pretty true of all fast-food for me).

On the other hand, Jack in the Box is KILLING it when it comes to late-night, stoner munchies. Considering how on point their creations are, I'm pretty sure they have a menu planner that is stoned 24/7. So, we might get some fucking incredible "late-night" food out of this development.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When my daughter and her family moved back to Wichita from Houston I asked my grandkids what they wanted to eat so I could take them out for lunch. They wanted fish so we went to Long Johns.They wouldnt touch the fish, they were use to the good stuff from Houston and just couldnt stomach the fast food fish. lol
wichita ks?

those are smart kids, my whole time there i never once got anything from the sea

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea there are so many of those channels now and they are all hd, with long shots (so you see shit being done) and no one says shit, it's so much better than these other youtubers that sit in a booth and turn the camera on themselves and slurp noodles, like bitch i don't want to see you chew n shit, and give you their horrible, "like omg its so good"

i believe mogumogu might ve been the first ones cuz japan was locked down and covid so shit... moma and pappa san have loads of time to let some dude film them for a day.

now there are so many copycats, i believe one channel name is just fucking noodle udon soba japan, and shit lulz
Yep. One video I watched was 30 minutes of just long shots of all the prep work that goes into the day, and 15 minutes of actually cooking stuff.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I.. er... what?

Left is "Italian raw ham" right is "American cream cheese"
dude, you've lived there so long at this point it's YOUR culture, you have to explain it to us
(did they even lift restrictions yet? my wife either wants to visit again or go back to scary ass italy next year)

ppl ask me "so what does bat taste like?"
and i respond in kind "tastes just like corona"

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yep. One video I watched was 30 minutes of just long shots of all the prep work that goes into the day, and 15 minutes of actually cooking stuff.
did you watch the stall ones? they are the most amazing

this one is my favorite, at first your like, holy shit look at grandpa san is nearly 80 and pulling a 200lb cart

then grandma san comes in and its so cute to watch em both set up shop, totally worthless in picking up any cooking tips (i've actually acrued some watching these videos)

especially when you see him pull out this rice cooker
d99093b9468800f0ba088b0fc89ce1ea.png

that zojirushi has to be at least 30years old if not 40, i know b/c that is the first appliance my sister gave me when i moved to va, she literally gave me the one off her kitchen counter

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
dude, you've lived there so long at this point it's YOUR culture, you have to explain it to us
(did they even lift restrictions yet? my wife either wants to visit again or go back to scary ass italy next year)

ppl ask me "so what does bat taste like?"
and i respond in kind "tastes just like corona"

I honestly have no idea what they are thinking. Maybe they saw a french dip sandwich and thought they could do it better? I've never seen anything like it before and I won't be touching it even for science.

They lifted restrictions for businessmen for like a week, and had about 12,000 applications to come in. Then the new variant hit and they shut up tight again.

I wouldn't expect to be able to come here until late 2022.