The Fast Food Thread

Sevens

Log Wizard
Few years back, to celebrate their 50th anniversary, Kum and Go offered an insulated soda mug for $50

pop.jpg

Thing is, you got free refills for life with it (well for as long as the mug lasts at least).
Now that was a good deal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Few years back, to celebrate their 50th anniversary, Kum and Go offered an insulated soda mug for $50

View attachment 392026

Thing is, you got free refills for life with it (well for as long as the mug lasts at least).
Now that was a good deal.

I was thinking about how companies don't do stuff like this anymore. Pepsi points, free sprites, free soda for the year with a certain cup, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Saw some of these at Costco, picked them up. Sneaky good, could pound the whole bag and wonder where it went. Kinda tears up your mouth a bit though
55B9BDF7-99B5-44A4-A731-FD247A894181.jpeg

• 2Quality Calories
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So my daughter brings me a pack of these, god damn are they good

View attachment 391880

I was honestly expecting a sweet taste with just a touch of sour but nope, its full on pickle taste.
Glad she found these, I love pickles but can do with out the sodium.
Unless you have a medical condition that necessitates you moderate your sodium intake, then there is almost no way you need to lower your sodium.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Unless you have a medical condition that necessitates you moderate your sodium intake, then there is almost no way you need to lower your sodium.
I do have a medical condition.
heart.jpg

And your statement is not really true, most peoples diet (use to be mine) has way to much sodium in it. High blood pressure (which leads to heart attack and stroke) is a HUGH problem. Everyone could use a lot less sodium in their diet.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I generally eat pretty low sodium, because I’ve never been a fan of salty things. But some things just aren’t right without a disturbing amount of salt on them. I’m sure I come across as a madman when I order a fresh pretzel.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
I generally eat pretty low sodium, because I’ve never been a fan of salty things. But some things just aren’t right without a disturbing amount of salt on them. I’m sure I come across as a madman when I order a fresh pretzel.
The thing is, sodium is so prevalent that even just a normal diet is way to high. It is in pretty much any processed food you eat. It is actually really annoying trying to eat a low sodium diet as its just everywhere and in everything

Edit: Yeah, a soft pretzel with extra salt and cheese dipping sauce...that's heaven for sure.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I do have a medical condition.
View attachment 392114

And your statement is not really true, most peoples diet (use to be mine) has way to much sodium in it. High blood pressure (which leads to heart attack and stroke) is a HUGH problem. Everyone could use a lot less sodium in their diet.
This is an entirely debunked myth from decades ago.

There is no evidence that sodium affects blood pressure in normal individuals (i.e. people that do not have a genetic predisposition to high blood pressure). The evidence used by the AHA to demonize salt intake was based entirely on rat studies and all subsequent human research shows about a 1 point systolic improvement and about a .5 point diastolic improvement just be decreasing salt intake. Weight loss is a much more significant factor in blood pressure improvement in normal individuals by many times.

That being said, you are an abnormal case, likely genetically, and so it makes sense for you to take extra precautions given the very good data suggesting that high blood pressure is related to increased health problems. That 1/.5 reduction is probably worth it in your case, and more power to you.

For the vast majority of people without genetically high blood pressure, though, sodium is simply not an issue. In fact, sodium is necessary to live and reducing it too much is far worse in normal individuals than increasing it.

• 1Salty

Sevens

Log Wizard

There is no evidence that sodium affects blood pressure in normal individuals (i.e. people that do not have a genetic predisposition to high blood pressure). The evidence used by the AHA to demonize salt intake was based entirely on rat studies and all subsequent human research shows about a 1 point systolic improvement and about a .5 point diastolic improvement just be decreasing salt intake. Weight loss is a much more significant factor in blood pressure improvement in normal individuals by many times.

That being said, you are an abnormal case, likely genetically, and so it makes sense for you to take extra precautions given the very good data suggesting that high blood pressure is related to increased health problems. That 1/.5 reduction is probably worth it in your case, and more power to you.

For the vast majority of people without genetically high blood pressure, though, sodium is simply not an issue. In fact, sodium is necessary to live and reducing it too much is far worse in normal individuals than increasing it.
Source?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

There is no evidence that sodium affects blood pressure in normal individuals (i.e. people that do not have a genetic predisposition to high blood pressure).

I summon Izo Izo to this thread!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I ate a bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos for my drive home from work the other day, but it was one of those dud bags with hardly any flavor powder. Awful. Ruined my commute.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I ate a bag of Spicy Nacho Doritos for my drive home from work the other day, but it was one of those dud bags with hardly any flavor powder. Awful. Ruined my commute.

But on the bright side you have a new orange steering wheel

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Those are the worst, but occasionally you get the god tier bags that have enough dust for two bags.

These weren’t necessarily my favorite flavor, but fucking loved how much seasoning they put on each chip

09100CD8-6FA9-408A-965D-EFC44ADF4C9E.jpeg

• 4Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Think it was this thread discussing hot sauces.

Got some black label Valentina extra hot based on the discussion. It's pretty good for cheap hot sauce. Good on eggs and basically everything I like Tapatio for, but I still like Tapatio better (or maybe just brand loyalty).

Wondering if anyone has a green hot sauce to recommend. Never been a verde fan, but local taco truck has an amazing serrano salsa that has me branching out. Not expecting anything that good, but hoping there are some bottled options people like.

Got some El Yucateco,

GUEST_23f9bee8-5e72-45bc-ba39-add185a4e381

but just tastes like green, underripe habanero to me (because it is hah). It's not bad, but wanting something less hot, more salsa-like flavor so the girlfriend can use it. It's got a pouring bottle instead of spurting spout, so has been funny watching my girlfriend pour on too much every time she tries any.

To be even more annoying I don't like the flavor of the multiple hatch chili sauces I've tried. Not Anaheim. Doesn't seem to be many serrano based hot sauces googling, though, so hoping some people has some ideas.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Got some black label Valentina extra hot based on the discussion. It's pretty good for cheap hot sauce. Good on eggs and basically everything I like Tapatio for, but I still like Tapatio better (or maybe just brand loyalty).

Wondering if anyone has a green hot sauce to recommend. Never been a verde fan, but local taco truck has an amazing serrano salsa that has me branching out. Not expecting anything that good, but hoping there are some bottled options people like.

Got some El Yucateco,

but just tastes like green, underripe habanero to me (because it is hah). It's not bad, but wanting something less hot, more salsa-like flavor so the girlfriend can use it. It's got a pouring bottle instead of spurting spout, so has been funny watching my girlfriend pour on too much every time she tries any.

To be even more annoying I don't like the flavor of the multiple hatch chili sauces I've tried. Not Anaheim. Doesn't seem to be many serrano based hot sauces googling, though, so hoping some people has some ideas.

ya el yuc is more for adding strait heat vs flavor

cholula green pepper is always good

sounds strange, but tacobell's verda salsa is money, not hot at all, but very good - I think it's discontinued in bottle form but there's so many floating around you can get em on amazon

• 2Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
sounds strange, but tacobell's verda salsa is money, not hot at all, but very good

Mind blown. Never knew taco bell even had a green sauce because I guess I never thought to ask. Googled it, green packets and everything and I swear I've never even seen one. Might have just been invented by the simulation for all I know.

Will try some if I ever go to Taco Bell again. Last time there was a ball of crusty rice at the bottom of my cheesy bean and rice burrito, and that's about standard locally these days sadly.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Mind blown. Never knew taco bell even had a green sauce because I guess I never thought to ask. Googled it, green packets and everything and I swear I've never even seen one. Might have just been invented by the simulation for all I know.

Will try some if I ever go to Taco Bell again. Last time there was a ball of crusty rice at the bottom of my cheesy bean and rice burrito, and that's about standard locally these days sadly.

Nope not any more, they discontinued the packets - you use to be able to get it in cups after that, but i'm pretty sure thats gone. There's just some bottles on amazon left. Reading the reviews some we're good, some close to exp (exp date for a bottled sauce like that is dumb anyways, it's good for years after).

• 1Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Valentina black label has been my go to for awhile now. Still don’t get the love for Tapatio but it’s been years since I’ve had it. Maybe when my current bottle of stuff runs out I’ll give it another try.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Got some El Yucateco,

imo this the shit, i was just introduced to this when a mexican family took me out in vegas
0712d1bbb0e1466248d266ed1a2de593.png

amazon has a 3 for 8bucks deal here.

this is what i've always wanted from a mexican hotsauce w/o the weirdness of el yucata or valentina, or the blandness of tapito, they took me to a mexican grocer afterwards to buy, but i only saw the 6oz bottle (fuck tsa and can't bring liquids, we only had carryons), so i went online to amazon instead

• 2Like