The Fast Food Thread

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yep. I never go to the counter when ordering unless the kiosk ia down. While I generally avoid fast food that isnt Chick-fil-A, the McD near work uses special needs adults as dining room hosts and hostesses. They are all super nice and I like the fact the franchisee gives them opportunities to work. I will go and support his place once in a while just for that reason.

I would take an all special needs McDonalds over a diversity one and could guarantee with a 100% certainty that the special needs one would be better in every measurable way.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would take an all special needs McDonalds over a diversity one and could guarantee with a 100% certainty that the special needs one would be better in every measurable way.
I have always sort of looked at special needs adults as what humans would be like without civilization. They aren't indoctrinated with what it means to be a low life human being. I have been alive a long time and cannot recall every meeting a special needs adult who is a shitty person. Not once.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I have always sort of looked at special needs adults as what humans would be like without civilization. They aren't indoctrinated with what it means to be a low life human being. I have been alive a long time and cannot recall every meeting a special needs adult who is a shitty person. Not once.
Why did the supreme court decree that you can't execute special needs people because it's against liberal ideology then?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why did the supreme court decree that you can't execute special needs people because it's against liberal ideology then?
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you are gonna go to a McD's the secret is to use the shitty app. it can save you $3-$5 depending on what you order (single person). They also added family friendly apps where is like $5 off a $20 order or some such.
They really push that thing. Lately if you pull up in the drive-thru they ask "will you be using your app today?". I'm not sure what that even means when you're already at the drive-thru menu.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I recently realized that it's actually cheaper now to pick up a pizza than get a drive thru burger combo. Little Caesars, Domino's, and Pizza Hut usually have a decent pizza for under $10 that I can get two meals out of where a burger, fries, and a drink are pushing $12-15 now.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Are you a rewards member?"
"I have a mobile order, and you're so lazy you will ask 'Are you Karen?' because you don't want to enter a 4 letter code"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
1663197333834.png

Think this thread recommended this. Shit is really good. Most 'habanero' stuff uses just capsaicin oil, which gives it kinda an unusual taste sometimes. It's very obvious they just add habaneros to it. Super good flavor and a very nice burn

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
They really push that thing. Lately if you pull up in the drive-thru they ask "will you be using your app today?". I'm not sure what that even means when you're already at the drive-thru menu.
After spending much of my life looking down on McD's as baseline, it seems like its the only place outside of Chickfila and Whataburger that consistently gets my order right. Lots of days when I am super busy and we are all home, I can have Doordash bring us good McD's food for 5 bucks over menu price and the order is perfect every time. Regardless of where ever else we order from, Taco Bell, BK, Jack in the Box, etc. They will also get the food here in like 20 min.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
After spending much of my life looking down on McD's as baseline, it seems like its the only place outside of Chickfila and Whataburger that consistently gets my order right. Lots of days when I am super busy and we are all home, I can have Doordash bring us good McD's food for 5 bucks over menu price and the order is perfect every time. Regardless of where ever else we order from, Taco Bell, BK, Jack in the Box, etc. They will also get the food here in like 20 min.
It's pretty rare I get an order wrong from one of those three. They all occasionally mess up the small changes I make like no ketchup, but I can live.

Popeyes and BK... yea it's pretty much the fast food roulette.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It's pretty rare I get an order wrong from one of those three. They all occasionally mess up the small changes I make like no ketchup, but I can live.

Popeyes and BK... yea it's pretty much the fast food roulette.
I like Popeyes chicken but how can an ostensibly Cajun place get dirty rice so wrong?

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It seemed, for me at least, that McD's had better employee retention than the other places. BK was the worst for me, followed by Taco Bell, Wendy's, and Arby's.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It seemed, for me at least, that McD's had better employee retention than the other places. BK was the worst for me, followed by Taco Bell, Wendy's, and Arby's.
imo it really depends on how many nogs work there

the bk staffed by illegals? perfect nugs and onion rings when nugs were 10 for $1.50

bk w/ nogs? jesus

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So I ended up writing my local Dominos off.

The deals were pretty good, but for whatever reason they can't hire and keep drivers locally, it seems.

I haven't had a delivery time in under 2 hours this year, and the fucking location is 2 miles away.

The last time I ordered, it took almost 3hrs. And the dude showed up at my door, in the rain, soaked and disheveled, looking like he was delivering pizzas on foot. Didn't have my soda, asked me if I wanted him to go to a store and get me a different one (?), and I was like "Dude, just give me my pizza". I wasn't even mad at him. But their pizza tracker wasn't working, I wasn't sure if anyone was going to show up at almost the 3hr mark, I had to get up super early the next day, so I'd just laid down to sleep when dude showed up with the pizza and knocked on the door.

The time before this, it took them 2.5hrs. But the tracking app was working that time...so I saw when it showed up, looked out my window, and saw the driver had parked but was sitting on the fucking curb and arguing with someone on his phone. And he only hung up and grabbed the pizza when he saw me come outside.

You can go pick it up instead of delivery, but if I'm going to go somewhere for carry-out then I'll go somewhere better than Dominos.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
So I ended up writing my local Dominos off.

The deals were pretty good, but for whatever reason they can't hire and keep drivers locally, it seems.

I haven't had a delivery time in under 2 hours this year, and the fucking location is 2 miles away.

The last time I ordered, it took almost 3hrs. And the dude showed up at my door, in the rain, soaked and disheveled, looking like he was delivering pizzas on foot. Didn't have my soda, asked me if I wanted him to go to a store and get me a different one (?), and I was like "Dude, just give me my pizza". I wasn't even mad at him. But their pizza tracker wasn't working, I wasn't sure if anyone was going to show up at almost the 3hr mark, I had to get up super early the next day, so I'd just laid down to sleep when dude showed up with the pizza and knocked on the door.

The time before this, it took them 2.5hrs. But the tracking app was working that time...so I saw when it showed up, looked out my window, and saw the driver had parked but was sitting on the fucking curb and arguing with someone on his phone. And he only hung up and grabbed the pizza when he saw me come outside.

You can go pick it up instead of delivery, but if I'm going to go somewhere for carry-out then I'll go somewhere better than Dominos.
So you would rather wait 3 hours for a shitty pizza than drive somewhere and get a good one quicker?

John Cena Mind Blown GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So you would rather wait 3 hours for a shitty pizza than drive somewhere and get a good one quicker?

John Cena Mind Blown GIF

You'd have a point if they told you up front that there'd be a 3 hr wait. I mean, you get that, right?

I think the estimates were all around 60m-70m or so, which to me seems kind of standard.