The Fast Food Thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So guys

I barely ever eat fast food anymore, and I somehow weigh more than I did when I was a fast food junkie.

• 3Quality Calories
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm so wary of soda fountains, especially if they have ice tea containers next to em
img_0531.jpg

cuz those ice tea containers never get cleaned and when they have to fill it with ice, they climb all over and step on the table w/ their shoes and dump the ice in.
At Taco Bell we used something like this, making cleaning a moot point. Just remove the nozzle and wash that and you're good to go.

urn-liners-form-image.jpg

And yes we washed all the nozzles from the pop machines every night. My store manager was a stickler for it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Burger King is the only FF brand that actually terrifies me. I don't have solid proof, but I'm pretty sure eating their shit will cause cancer to start growing in your body in the next 2-3 years. You've been warned.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Burger King is the only FF brand that actually terrifies me. I don't have solid proof, but I'm pretty sure eating their shit will cause cancer to start growing in your body in the next 2-3 years. You've been warned.
Yeah that Halloween whopper with the black bun just cant be good for your insides.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Shake Shack’s collab with Hot Ones channel.

Spicy Bacon cheese Fries and spicy burger
1AEC90DE-BC6F-4EC8-BBC2-9274948FADE0.jpeg

5B56CF19-1E46-40CD-927F-DB474CBA2F69.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 3Quality Calories
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Tomorrow I am going to try to get those and a curderburger.
I had to run some errands and it took me past Culvers. Managed to graab a Curderburger, but they wouldn't make it a double burger. I thought it was pretty good, the seasoning on that cheese curd disc really comes through so you get hit by that Italian seasoning taste. Overall I'd get again before it goes away, but I think the Wisconsin Cheese Pub Burger is superior.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Any Wawa loving nerds here?

Probably the only fast food I'll eat beyond CFA these days.
Pic related, random reddit picture of a Wawa Quesadilla

1665891650181.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 5 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wawa is great. I used to work in their supply chain and their quality systems and food safety practices are pretty top notch, so it's one of the few places you can feel confident that it won't send you to the bathroom for the day. I used to work at the Amoroso plant and I'm definately missing their rolls down here in Florida. Even the decent subs down here, the rolls are usually the consistency of wonderbread.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have always avoided gas station food, is Wawas shit actually solid? If so maybe I'll give it a go my impression has always been gas station food is worse than dogfood.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have always avoided gas station food, is Wawas shit actually solid? If so maybe I'll give it a go my impression has always been gas station food is worse than dogfood.

They were a convenience store before they sold gas. They didn't start selling gas until just before 2000. But yeah, their food is legit, you order through kiosks and you can customize the shit out of everything with tons of options. They use the same moroso rolls that you'd find at most of the restaurants in the northeast and are part of why the philly cheesesteak is so famous. Also fun fact I learned, even though they started in PA, NJ has the most stores by state.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My gas station food is Buccee's. Their shit is better than a lot of the restaurants around here... but Texas has a long history of people running high quality restaurants out of shitty gas stations. Chef's point was some Nigerian immigrant who wanted to own a restaurant but couldn't get a loan for one, but he could get a loan for a gas station. Place was hilarious, as he had to have all the things you might expect in a gas station to meet the terms of the loan, so lotto tickets, fridges with sodas, candy shelves, ATM, shit like that. Anyone who's eaten there knows that 1hr+ waits were a normal thing.

Never forget there was an old couple on their 70th anniversary eating at his gas station. He actually took the time to come sit at their table and talk to them for 30 minutes. I ate slow, cause I was going to swoop in and pay for their shit. But when it came time for them to leave, and they asked for the check, he refused to accept any money. 100% stand up guy to me after that. Glad he moved into an actual restaurant since, and even expanded to a second location. He's been on TV and what not. Amazing food.

They were probably most famous for their bloody mary.

1665930758447.png

• 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
My gas station food is Buccee's. Their shit is better than a lot of the restaurants around here... but Texas has a long history of people running high quality restaurants out of shitty gas stations. Chef's point was some Nigerian immigrant who wanted to own a restaurant but couldn't get a loan for one, but he could get a loan for a gas station. Place was hilarious, as he had to have all the things you might expect in a gas station to meet the terms of the loan, so lotto tickets, fridges with sodas, candy shelves, ATM, shit like that. Anyone who's eaten there knows that 1hr+ waits were a normal thing.

Never forget there was an old couple on their 70th anniversary eating at his gas station. He actually took the time to come sit at their table and talk to them for 30 minutes. I ate slow, cause I was going to swoop in and pay for their shit. But when it came time for them to leave, and they asked for the check, he refused to accept any money. 100% stand up guy to me after that. Glad he moved into an actual restaurant since, and even expanded to a second location. He's been on TV and what not. Amazing food.

They were probably most famous for their bloody mary.

View attachment 438357
Favorite Texas gas station experience by far was Rudy's BBQ.

That place was legitimately amazing. Out of everything in Texas when I visited, that place was incredibly well-maintained, food was prepped in a location I could see, and it was one of the most clean places outside of a Wawa. Plus, it was Texas, so BBQ was amazing.

Loved it.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Favorite Texas gas station experience by far was Rudy's BBQ.

That place was legitimately amazing. Out of everything in Texas when I visited, that place was incredibly well-maintained, food was prepped in a location I could see, and it was one of the most clean places outside of a Wawa. Plus, it was Texas, so BBQ was amazing.

Loved it.
Their pulled pork is top notch but Bucees kicks their shit in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users