The Fast Food Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I will say this since I got a Air Fryer. It's hard to use my microwave anymore. My air fryer does everything superior with just a little bit more time. Even the Jimmy Dean Muffin breakfast sandwiches are amazing in the air fryer. I just cook the sausage/cheese/egg, and then the muffin part. Almost as good as McDonald's. Fast food really needs to worry about Air fryer tech.
Air fryer is absolutely unbeatable compared to the microwave on most things. I think the only things I use my microwave for any more are defrosting meat when I don't have the time to do it naturally, and to make my bowls of ramen. Ocassionally to quickly boil some water, too I guess. I've always made my shitty ramen by breaking it in a bowl, just covering with water and microwaving two minutes.

I'm cooking some potato smileys in air fryer right now. The come out so nice and crispy.

1665247831596.png

• 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Microwave is perfect for stuff that doesn't need to be crispy like soup, ramen, etc. They're also great for certain baked goods and pastries. Toss a cookie or similar pastry in a microwave for 10 seconds or so to bring it back to life. Air fryer and convection oven are god tier though for anything like fries, pizza, etc.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
Microwave is perfect for stuff that doesn't need to be crispy like soup, ramen, etc. They're also great for certain baked goods and pastries. Toss a cookie or similar pastry in a microwave for 10 seconds or so to bring it back to life. Air fryer and convection oven are god tier though for anything like fries, pizza, etc.
Ice cream in the microwave is the shizzle. I hate rock hard ice cream. Nuke a pint for like 10 seconds and it gets this perfect consistency between hard and soft serve.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
if you want it to be as good as mcdees, just add butter
egg muffs are buttered and butter is used to grease the eggs

You know what used to trigger me something fierce?

The assholes making those eggs who would never clean the 'crispy' or burnt egg white parts off of the 'rings', so eventually you'd get some of the round muffin eggs with chunks of old, crispy eggs broken off inside of them.

I actually like my eggs well done, and crispy is fine. I love fried eggs. But the last thing I want is a piece of another egg from 2hrs ago, stuck inside of my supposedly fresh egg mcmuffin

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You know what used to trigger me something fierce?

The assholes making those eggs who would never clean the 'crispy' or burnt egg white parts off of the 'rings', so eventually you'd get some of the round muffin eggs with chunks of old, crispy eggs broken off inside of them.

I actually like my eggs well done, and crispy is fine. I love fried eggs. But the last thing I want is a piece of another egg from 2hrs ago, stuck inside of my supposedly fresh egg mcmuffin
it's not eventually, it's a given that your round egg is at least 10% bits of older egg
b3a836c7634f5da64165edcc66155504.jpg

do you really expect this to be cleaned every use?, every 90s?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
it's not eventually, it's a given that your round egg is at least 10% bits of older egg
b3a836c7634f5da64165edcc66155504.jpg

do you really expect this to be cleaned every use?, every 90s?

Maybe not every 90s, but I also don't remember making them that frequently either.

We had a silicone spatula and I'd spin it around inside of the rings to knock that shit off, before buttering. Then just scrape that shit off into the grease trap.

But I'm not talking like 'every' time. I'm talking, like...people making those eggs and NEVER cleaning the fucking rings. Just hours of accumulated crusty egg whites. Like going from breakfast to lunch without cleaning it off at all.

Just fucking disgusting.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Maybe not every 90s, but I also don't remember making them that frequently either.

We had a silicone spatula and I'd spin it around inside of the rings to knock that shit off, before buttering. Then just scrape that shit off into the grease trap.

But I'm not talking like 'every' time. I'm talking, like...people making those eggs and NEVER cleaning the fucking rings. Just hours of accumulated crusty egg whites. Like going from breakfast to lunch without cleaning it off at all.

Just fucking disgusting.
Same with any milkshake/coffee machines or soda fountains. People aren't cleaning that shit every day.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Same with any milkshake/coffee machines or soda fountains. People aren't cleaning that shit every day.
I got milkshake cordial from somewhere. Enjoying my chug experience. Let's just say RIP.

• 1Quality Calories

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm so wary of soda fountains, especially if they have ice tea containers next to em
img_0531.jpg

cuz those ice tea containers never get cleaned and when they have to fill it with ice, they climb all over and step on the table w/ their shoes and dump the ice in.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Gaming Ghost>
i'm so wary of soda fountains, especially if they have ice tea containers next to em
img_0531.jpg

cuz those ice tea containers never get cleaned and when they have to fill it with ice, they climb all over and step on the table w/ their shoes and dump the ice in.
McD's now used smaller tea dispensers that they take in the back to refill when they empty.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thank you Baby Jesus.

Sucks that it is only for two weeks though. And will probably cost five bucks.

I need to find a way to buy the powder that they make red sauce out of, then my life would be virtually complete. I know it comes from Sysco (EDIT: Not Cisco!) or whomever supplies their stuff nowadays, but I don't think I can just make my own account and only buy some powder.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bring back the chili cheese burrito and double decker taco you fucks. I know it'll never taste right though.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bring back the chili cheese burrito and double decker taco you fucks. I know it'll never taste right though.

I still don't understand why they got rid of double deckers. It was like the double cheeseburger of taco's! Can you imagine McDonald's getting rid of the double cheeseburger?

• 3Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I still don't understand why they got rid of double deckers. It was like the double cheeseburger of taco's! Can you imagine McDonald's getting rid of the double cheeseburger?

Well in my younger teenage years I worked at Taco Bell and the Chili Cheese/Frito Burrito were the top sellers, almost every person ordered one. It was really shocking when they removed it. Double Decker is baffling as well since they have all the items to make it in house still, why even take it off the menu?

• 3Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Well in my younger teenage years I worked at Taco Bell and the Chili Cheese/Frito Burrito were the top sellers, almost every person ordered one. It was really shocking when they removed it. Double Decker is baffling as well since they have all the items to make it in house still, why even take it off the menu?

Because the people in charge are cunts. Yum brands needs to go bankrupt.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users