The Fast Food Thread

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Crawfish are awesome, but I understand the aversion. A good crawfish boil though is like the potatoes and corn and crawfish as vehicle for all the great spices and flavors that go in the boil. Man it is like the best thing ever. Without living briefly in Baton Rouge though I likely would have missed out completely on them / it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Okay, I've said it before, but fuck Burger King right in the pussy.

I wasn't ever going there again, but my kids love the cherry icee things, so they talked me into going last night. Fine.

First one ordering one of the standard meals. However, they are out of fries. No fries at all. This was early, mind you, before the dinner rush. Around 5:30. My kids recover by getting chicken fries as a substitute - an extra charge to cover their lack of fries. Whatever. On our way to the table we stop by the drink/napkin/condiment station. No ketchup. I go and ask for ketchup packets like they would hand out in the drive through, no, there is no ketchup in the building at all. They ran out.

What fucking fast food place has absolutely no fries and no ketchup?

Forget that crap.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Man, I am honestly not sure if I could eat crawdads. But I do have a can of Tony Chacheres that I use as seasoning sometimes so at least I know what that is in the pic.

But crawdads?

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif
Are lobsters bait? Are crabs bait? You are avoiding the best food on earth because it looks a little icky? Sack the fuck up son.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

I wasn't ever going there again, but my kids love the cherry icee things, so they talked me into going last night. Fine.

First one ordering one of the standard meals. However, they are out of fries. No fries at all. This was early, mind you, before the dinner rush. Around 5:30. My kids recover by getting chicken fries as a substitute - an extra charge to cover their lack of fries. Whatever. On our way to the table we stop by the drink/napkin/condiment station. No ketchup. I go and ask for ketchup packets like they would hand out in the drive through, no, there is no ketchup in the building at all. They ran out.

Forget that crap.
Bro why the fuck are you participating in Burger King? Shame your kids for suggesting shit tier fast food and roll the fuck out.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Forget that crap.
The last time I went to burger king they were out of Hot Dogs, Coca-Cola, Onion Rings, and pickles.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Have you ever been a KFC and been told they are out of chicken? I nearly lost it when that happened to me last time. I wish it had only happened to me once.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I've been to a McDonalds that had no burgers, this was before the all-day breakfast. Just made me go half a block down to Raising Canes instead.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mozzarella doesn't belong on a burger. It adds almost no flavor and just takes away from the texture of the burger and bacon.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Had it today also while traveling and completely agree. Mediocre at best, mozzarella detracts from the overall burger.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
They need to bring back the wild mountain chicken sandwich. It's the single greatest fast food sandwich and it has been over 10 years.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Bro why the fuck are you participating in Burger King? Shame your kids for suggesting shit tier fast food and roll the fuck out.
I just read this to my daughter. She promised to never ask to go to Burger King again. (I may have edited it slightly for my 12 year old daughter...)

The last time I went to burger king they were out of Hot Dogs, Coca-Cola, Onion Rings, and pickles.
Who cares about hot dogs and Coca-Cola and onion rings? But pickles? A line must be drawn.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Have you ever been a KFC and been told they are out of chicken? I nearly lost it when that happened to me last time. I wish it had only happened to me once.
That happened to me once, it was a 4 day weekend, on a Sunday and they were out. They closed the drive thru, so i went in the front door, cashier asked "why'd you come in?" I said "drive thru was closed" she said "usually pplz don't come in once we close the drive thu, we out of chicken" so i said "then what are you selling if you're out of chicken?" she said "we're actually out of most everything, ppl just buy whatever they see, we only got cookies and cake left"

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That happened to me once, it was a 4 day weekend, on a Sunday and they were out. They closed the drive thru, so i went in the front door, cashier asked "why'd you come in?" I said "drive thru was closed" she said "usually pplz don't come in once we close the drive thu, we out of chicken" so i said "then what are you selling if you're out of chicken?" she said "we're actually out of most everything, ppl just buy whatever they see, we only got cookies and cake left"
Translation: You need to work on your desert game KFC.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Are lobsters bait? Are crabs bait?
If we had them in the creeks/rivers/lakes here, they probably would be!

I don't think BK is shit-tier, but it def isn't God-tier either. I'd rank it higher than McDonalds on a lot of things other than fries, though that isn't saying much.

Occasionally a Whopper sounds amazing and scratches an itch, but I can't eat multiple burgers from BK in a short period of time, otherwise I start getting turned off by this weird almost 'liquid-smoke' kind of flavor.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure how long they've had this specialty taco menu at qdoba, but just had it today and it's damn good. $3 a taco, wasnt sure if that would be worth it but they certainly didn't skimp on the toppings for me.