The Fast Food Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was back in like 05/06, QT was pretty new to AZ still so they were trying to impress. If I remember right, they paid like 9 or 10 bucks an hour when the min wage was 5.75ish so people there gave a shit.

I also used to make 7/11 nachos at 2am when I got out of the bar cause it was on the way back to my old apartment. The diarrhea the next day was fierce.
Just left Arizona last year for the Northwest and can confirm QT is still amazing. Best gas station I've ever been to. They still pay their people that well. (for a gas station)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is some real shit-tier FF conversation. Gas station food?!
Bro the 7-11's in SF ain't gas stations. They're pure convenience stores.

Dope Google Street view of my local one:

rrr_img_135073.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Semantics. They still serve 'gas station food'. There are still non gas-station ones in Ft. Lauderdale as well.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I grew up in NY so 7-11 was pure convenience store. No gas to be had. Well not for your car anyway. Soygen is correct about the food.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Never heard of Love's. It anything like Glory Hole's?
Haha I realized after posting that without context it sounds like a real j52 type of place.

Location and Fuel Search

They're pretty much the nicest travel stop, which is uhh kind of relative. But pretty decent coffee, clean bathrooms. Plus other than Wal Mart where else can you go and see a family of four purchasing all their NASCAR or Hunting apparel.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Supposedly Casey's General Store has good pizza. That's what the locals tell me. I'm pretty skeptical of gas station pizza.

Caseys General Store
I'm afraid to tell Joeboo that I haven't tried their pizza yet.
frown.png

See you guys must just have different/way better Quicktrips around you. The ones here are terrible. Same thing as 7-11.
Here in KC, they must have spent many millions of dollars building new ones from the ground up and changing their menus. A few locations they bought new land nearby, built brand new and sold off their old building.

For me, the thing that doesn't make QT a complete replacement for normal fast food like McDonalds is the lack of a legit burger/fries offering. If I don't want Subway/McDs/QT, I have to drive 10m-15m for anything else. Their pizza isn't bad I guess, and sometimes I just grab some of their egg-roll things and go. Maybe a couple of hot dogs.

26331853_BG1.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Trump needs to buy Arbys andMake Arbys Great Again

The old classic 5 for 5 where the sandwiches were full-sized and not this dumb shit now, was legit