The Fast Food Thread

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not a huge fan of Pizza Hut, but I do think it is tolerable if you eat it immediately after being cooked. The more I think about it, Pizza Hut was primarily a dine-in experience traditionally. Certainly back in the 80s etc. Then, as most pizza places do.. they shifted to delivery. Herein lies the problem. When their normal traditional crust pizza is fresh out of the oven and onto your plate, it is crunchy on the bottom and soft in the middle. All around a decent slice. Now, if you get the same pizza delivered, it has been steaming the crunch out of the crust for 20+ minutes in the delivery box. It is always soggy and grease saturated by the time it makes it to your doorstep. THIS is the Pizza Hut that is shit tier and makes me never order it.

If you do get a chance to have a fresh one, grab a small personal pan. They are decent when cooked and served immediately.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Hey Fifey, thanks for letting me know my opinion is wrong. IN MY OPINION, hot lips is mediocre on a good day. I eat it only out of convince. Can honestly say in my 9 years of living here I had never heard of any of the others. Looked them up on Yelp. Looks like they're all cater to that gluten free, dairy free vegan horse shit. Not exactly my food scene. In fact SE is really not my food scene. There are VERY few restaurants South of Burside anywhere that I like.

Looks like SFNY is where Pizza Oasis used to be. That place had amazing calzones, never tried their pizza. Escape from New York is only a few blocks away from there and their pizza is fucking amazing. I would prefer it to sizzle pie, but I've had to so much of it and SP is new, so it's my fave.

Edit, and yes I realize sizzle pie has a lot of vegan options too. Unfortunately this is Portland and we have to cater to malnourished hipsters with made up allergies. Just saying when I look at a Yelp page and everyone is raving about their vegan gluten free blah blah blah I'm not going out of my way to try it. Had to go to Jam with my hipster brother and it was all vegetarian... I was like wow. This is ridiculous.
I only named those places because they are all quick by the slice places much like Sizzle pie is. If you want good sit down pizza, it's obviously Apizza Scholls, Fino or Thick if you want chicago style.

I've never heard of a single person that isn't a tourist like sizzle, I bet you think Voodoo is the best donut in town too.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I used to work at an extremely busy sandwich shop when I was young. One summer there were roaches living(or dying) in our only ice machine. The ice would come out with bits of roach in about 1 out of every 3 ice cubes.

We noticed this while there were lines out the door in the middle of lunch rush on a hot day.. The 18yr old manager on duty was like "fuck it, nobody looks inside their drink once the lid is on". And, at the end of the day he was right, nobody had complained or noticed.

Someone bringing their cup back to the counter for a refill was a stressful moment that day. I'd stare at the lidless cup with tense eyes, hoping the customers would not glance down.

trex

Queen Bee
I only named those places because they are all quick by the slice places much like Sizzle pie is. If you want good sit down pizza, it's obviously Apizza Scholls, Fino or Thick if you want chicago style.

I've never heard of a single person that isn't a tourist like sizzle, I bet you think Voodoo is the best donut in town too.

Never heard of those either. You're prob one of those hipsters that's like "oh my god hound dogs is the best bar ever" JUST because you know no one has ever heard of them.

Voodoo is disgusting AND I wouldn't be caught dead eating a donut. I go to Petite Provence or Grand Central for my breakfast pastries.

I steer the fuck clear of anywhere within a 2-3 block radius of Voodoo. The most highly concentrated area in the entire city for heroin trafficking. Scary as fuck.

I bet you're all about Blue Star "My my, look how fancy this $6 donut is. My my I am fancy too! Spent $4 on these nasty ass thrift store jeans I'm wearing but I'm very fancy and cool eating this overpriced donut that I secretly know tastes like ass."

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
A guy screaming into a microphone. No creative costume theme can make that kind of music sound good. Skipped to the middle, heard about 5 seconds, and shut it off. Metal is shit, I'll stick with country, thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Hate on me being vegan all you want, but Trex said sizzle is the best pizza in Portland yet doesn't know of half of the pizza places in town and only goes to chains.

She's also afraid of Voodoo because oogles sit on the sidewalk.

trex

Queen Bee
You know what rages me about you faggots? That you don't know what you can eat. If the restaurant doesn't say *VeGaN* or *!*GlUtEn FrEe*!* you go, "duhhhhh what can I eat?"

Dads type 1 diabetic and my cousin (actually) has celiac. My aunt is allergic to eggs. They never come to a restaurant and say, "yo, what can I eat?". They know. Some cheap ass POS came into the brewery I worked at in college, was vegan and GF, sat at the bar for a glass of wine and a salad. Ordered our house salad and needed it vegan and gluten free. The salad comes with 10ish(?) topping and I did the best I could not being vegan or GF. Handed him the salad and he gave it back. It had raisins on it.

He then poured a little bucket of creamer in his nasty drip coffee.

I love in the city and stay in the city. If I go to a restaurant outside of the city I go to NE. Not SE 32nd and fucking Hawthore (gag).

It comes as no surprise to me that you're shitting your entitled opinions everywhere.

trex

Queen Bee

I'm not hipster enough for Fifey. I'm posing in Fast Food thread and my fave pizza in Portland is "the chain" Sizzle Pie.

Nbd. Deal with those kids all the time.

Walking into a pizza restaurant in their Birkenstocks all like, "hey what's vegan here?"

Not your shoes homo. NOT CHEESE.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I'm with Trex on this. If you're Vegan/GF that's your problem, not the restaurants. If they offer a vegan/gf food section of the menu, sitck to it, don't venture outside of that and make it the restaurants problem.

Also, unless you actually have celiacs go fuck yourself. My girlfriend's cousin is celiac, and she takes that shit seriously. SHE knows what she can and can't eat, SHE doesn't rely on the server to know for her. SHE will know the questions to ask like, "Does this item contain soy sauce?" (which has teh gluten) That's a fair question to ask the server, because they can find out the answer for you pretty easily.

I know some other people who are "gluten sensitive" and cheat constantly, but its okay because they use Glutenaid just die.

On a related topic, my brother's girlfriend developed a dairy allergy her freshmen year of college. I'd fucking off myself. NOTE: This is not lactose intolerance, this is full on allergy shit, so even something like butter (very low lactose) or aged cheeses (no lactose) will set her off. And once again SHE knows what is safe, and what SHE needs to specifically ask about, to be safe.

Also on a related topic. The Lone Star Tick, for real if i developed a meat/dairy allergy I would just end it now. I honestly could give up meat if I still had cheese. Legit cheese > meat. But no dairy as well, I'd walk into traffic.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I am not a huge fan of Pizza Hut, but I do think it is tolerable if you eat it immediately after being cooked. The more I think about it, Pizza Hut was primarily a dine-in experience traditionally. Certainly back in the 80s etc. Then, as most pizza places do.. they shifted to delivery. Herein lies the problem. When their normal traditional crust pizza is fresh out of the oven and onto your plate, it is crunchy on the bottom and soft in the middle. All around a decent slice. Now, if you get the same pizza delivered, it has been steaming the crunch out of the crust for 20+ minutes in the delivery box. It is always soggy and grease saturated by the time it makes it to your doorstep. THIS is the Pizza Hut that is shit tier and makes me never order it.

If you do get a chance to have a fresh one, grab a small personal pan. They are decent when cooked and served immediately.
The reason pizza Hut is shit is exactly what I said earlier. Their dough comes in pre-made and is frozen. They ran out a few weeks ago when I tried to order pizza. My wife worked there and told me about it. The toppings are all pre-made and mostly frozen too.

When I order from my local place you can watch them all make it fresh. They don't pull out a pre-made previously frozen pizza shell and dump shit on it, they actually make it.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, a buddy of mine used to work at a Pizza Hut and I remember him ranting about the previous days closing shift not putting any dough out to thaw and then opening the store and having no dough ready.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The two Burger Kings in my town are both total shit-shows.

Load up the kid to go grab lunch. Get to the first Burger King. No one in the drive thru line, score. I sit at the menu for a minute or so, no one ever greets me. I say "Hello" several times, wait a minute, say hello again, nothing. I figure maybe the speaker is broken so I pull around to the window. I can see one guy inside serving customers at the front counter, but no one manning the window. I sit there a couple minutes, I even reach out and knock on the window. Nobody comes. So I drive off

The other Burger king is like 2 miles away. I get there, promptly greeted(so that's progress). Order my food, take it home.

My whopper is basically cold. The slice of cheese could still be peeled off like an in-tact slice of american cheese because the burger is so cold it never even started to melt the cheese. My onion rings are so stale that they're actually chewy, and hard to bite through.

Dumped it all in the trash and ate a PB&J sandwich.

I'm done with Burger King in my town, they're fucking horrendous here.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user