The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
am i the only one here that doesn't really care for the new Wild sauce? it's too sweet for me, was hoping for something a little more savory.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
am i the only one here that doesn't really care for the new Wild sauce? it's too sweet for me, was hoping for something a little more savory.

I thought the wild sauce was the red spicy sauce they put on it, but apparently it is not. That's what I wanted and when they gave me the wild sauce I was disappointed. What is that other sauce?

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had the new quarter pounders today. Pretty damn good actually for McDonalds. Patties were juicy and not all dry as fuck like the old quarter pounders were.

Could have been spit though.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the wild sauce was the red spicy sauce they put on it, but apparently it is not. That's what I wanted and when they gave me the wild sauce I was disappointed. What is that other sauce?

the red spicy sauce on the Wild Naked Chicken Chalupa, as far as i know, is Wild sauce.

the other option is the Mild Naked Chicken Chalupa, which has green avocado ranch on it.

maybe they messed up your order?

Hekotat

the red spicy sauce on the Wild Naked Chicken Chalupa, as far as i know, is Wild sauce.

the other option is the Mild Naked Chicken Chalupa, which has green avocado ranch on it.

maybe they messed up your order?

It's possible, they didn't speak very good english. The mild sauce had a little kick to it as well and wasn't bad just not as good as the other.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah the mild still ends up decently spicy from the chicken itself, i think.

already said it, but as a former Taco Bell drive thru order taker, i feel bad for the people taking orders during this promotion. so easy to confuse the words "wild" and "mild" over a crappy TBell headset. gonna have to ask so many people to repeat themselves.

• 1Salty

Hekotat

yeah the mild still ends up decently spicy from the chicken itself, i think.

already said it, but as a former Taco Bell drive thru order taker, i feel bad for the people taking orders during this promotion. so easy to confuse the words "wild" and "mild" over a crappy TBell headset. gonna have to ask so many people to repeat themselves.

Solidarity bro, I hated working at that place once I moved back to Texas. It was so horribly busy and understaffed due to "Cheese cost" bullshit. Sadly I still remember most the weights for the products, lol.

Atleast I got to work through the era of chili cheese burritos and Santa Fe Steak Gorditas.

• 2Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Had the new quarter pounders today. Pretty damn good actually for McDonalds. Patties were juicy and not all dry as fuck like the old quarter pounders were.

Could have been spit though.
no they're juicy and good. I reported awhile back on it - however. shit employees can still make it shit. it's almost worse because hopes are higher

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ah, Taco Bell nostalgia. I worked during the era of the Bell Beefer, bitches!

I've probably bitched about it in this thread already, years ago, but I worked at Taco Bell in the mid-80s, and it was probably the best high school job I could have asked for. Aside from actual teenagers working there instead of middle-aged foreigners (we had one old Japanese lady but she was awesome), it was just a lot of fun most of the time. And the fact that my first "real" sexual experience was with the super-hot 21-year-old assistant manager certainly helped. But the part that makes me nostalgic for the food is that we fucking made almost everything fresh every day. Beans were cooked in big pressure cookers and then blended up with an actual drill with attachment, 10 lb bags of raw ground beef were browned and mixed with seasoning, all the vegetables were freshly chopped every day, etc. Now all that shit comes in bags that they just warm up apparently, and it is vastly shittier tasting. Back then it was essentially the same thing as making tacos at home, just on a larger scale. We even sliced the fucking olives by hand because that's the only way the olives could be ordered.

I still go to Taco Bell because it is, generally, still pretty good. But the meat and beans in particular are so inferior to what they were that sometimes I get a particularly shitty item and it just kind of turns to tasting like cardboard in my mouth. Sometimes I almost believe those conspiracy theories about it being part sawdust or whatever (it isn't), that's how shitty it tastes at times. We never, ever had that problem when I worked there.

I'd pay double in a heartbeat if they went back to making everything fresh every day. They gave free food to employees when I worked there (my parents loved that reduction in their food bill) and even eating it before work, during work, and after work some days, 4-7 days per week for a couple years, I never got tired of it. It was easily my favorite fast food, no questions asked. I have probably eaten 10,000 enchiritos in my lifetime (ok I know that's impossible, but it feels like it, I got one every time I went for decades before and after working there too). But now I can barely stomach going there more than once or twice a month. Even for stuff like the Naked Chicken Chalupa.

God, now I'm depressed! I better go to Wendy's for lunch.

• 2Like

Hekotat

We were getting our asses kicked and all the managers were just chilling in the lobby having a good time. There was a good 20 min wait for lobby and drive thru orders. I finally lost my shit after asking them to come help for repeatedly.

I got so pissed I drop kicked a Taco Salad and it damn near broke my foot. My co-workers and the customers in the lobby couldn't stop laughing and I got sent home. It made a spectacular explosion.

• 1Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Shit, the Taco Bell memories you're reminding me of.

Strangely, most of them seem to involve my best friend (who is still my best friend to this day) doing something stupid.

One time we were throwing tortillas at each other in the back, trying to get them to fly like a frisbee, and he manages to whip one around the corner and THROUGH the gap in the steamer that held the various hard shells in it so the person working the front line can make them and the people in the back can reload them. So yes, that means as soon as it got through that gap it was out into customer territory, and smacked this dude right in the face. Fortunately this was in the era of people not posting it on Facebook and suing the fuck out of the company, we just gave his family everything for free and he was cool about it.

Another time we were throwing knives in the back at the giant bags of pinto beans and various cardboard boxes, trying to get them to stick. Don't ask me why. He misses a little low and hits a plastic container of bleach that we use to wash the white towels we used everywhere. No big deal, we just toss it in the mop bucket next to us so we can continue playing our game. It empties out of course, so we toss the jug away and push the mop bucket out of our playing area because duh, it stinks like bleach. Well, someone up front tells some random new guy to go mop the dining room. We didn't just use water, we dumped some ammonia in it too. New guy sees the mop bucket partly full so fills it up the rest of the way with water, then dumps ammonia in and proceeds to mop the entire dining room with it. We had to evacuate the fucking building and someone called the fire department due to the toxic vapors caused by mixing bleach and ammonia almost killing everyone in the building.

Then there is all the teenage sex shit that went on, of course. My best friend, again, supposedly finger-banged this one chick who had the whole innocent persona but turned into a whore behind closed doors thing going on, in the walk-in refrigerator, and then when he came out because a manager was yelling for him he dipped his finger/hand in the Sanisol solution we used to rinse all the dishes in (we washed everything by hand). He was known as Sanisol Man for quite awhile after that. He also refuses to say whether he actually did it or not, so I'm going to go with he didn't, but the story still got around. That same girl supposedly gave another dude head in the walk-in after close one night and they left the jizz on the floor for the morning crew to find. Seeing as how I was part of that particular morning crew, I know there was something that looked a lot like jizz there, so I'll go ahead and believe that one. And another dude that supposedly had a small penis would have girls literally drag him into the walk-in to see it. Whether he was small or not, I guess he had a decent strategy going.

Man, if that walk-in could talk. I'm sure there are tons more stories I never heard about. I know there are plenty I've forgotten over the years too. And plenty that I was personally involved in that never got out to the rest of the employees, particularly with the aforementioned 21-year-old assistant manager.

Sorry, I know this isn't the Fast Food Workers Nostalgia Thread.

• 1Worf

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ordered one of each of the naked chicken chalupa. I have doubts about spice due to avocado sauce being the champion of original naked chicken.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
20180516_174323.jpg

So neither had a lot of sauce, but the chipotle honey sauce of the spicy was very good and it carried it.
These are $3.50 a pop. Maybe 2.5; I say pass.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
They are actually 4.50 a pop after you add a dollar item to put inside or wrap it with.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can back the stories of fun, mayhem, and debauchery as a teenager at a fast food restaurant. I guess Steak n Shake isn't really a fast food place, but it was operated like one with the drive thru and all that.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of groceries. Anybody try the deli pizzas? I never understood how they could get off selling a frozen pizza for $8+ when chains are cheaper.

• 1Like