The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Red Robin refills on fries piss me off. I HATE when you have something unlimited, but you have to ask for more in order to get it. Because then it really only becomes unlimited based on how good the service is. I'd much rather have a buffet or salad bar where I can refill at my convenience.

I yearn for the day that Olive Garden's never ending pasta bowl becomes a never ending pasta bar.

• 3Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How good are lettuce wrap burgers in general? I've never tried it, but feel like I should for calorie reasons

it's about like you'd imagine, really. Five Guys does it best, from my thus-far limited experience with it. even McDonald's is okay, tho, triple cheeseburger with tomato and mayo added, lettuce leaf on each side... hits the spot for me.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Red Robin refills on fries piss me off. I HATE when you have something unlimited, but you have to ask for more in order to get it. Because then it really only becomes unlimited based on how good the service is. I'd much rather have a buffet or salad bar where I can refill at my convenience.

I yearn for the day that Olive Garden's never ending pasta bowl becomes a never ending pasta bar.
Me and my girlfriend went into a Red Robin recently because I got a 50 dollar gift card and figured it would be a good way to get some drinks and a couple laughs. Our "endless" fry basket came with like 15 french fries and server didn't come back until they dropped off the bill. Granted I think I went to one of the worst Red Robins possible but it hardly lived up to its name.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Me and my girlfriend went into a Red Robin recently because I got a 50 dollar gift card and figured it would be a good way to get some drinks and a couple laughs. Our "endless" fry basket came with like 15 french fries and server didn't come back until they dropped off the bill. Granted I think I went to one of the worst Red Robins possible but it hardly lived up to its name.

Having worked in the service industry I tend to tip well, but servers like that can get fucked. At least make sure you're taking care of your customers

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
tost_ingredients_0008_chunky-habanero-salsa.png

Legit flavor and ok heat.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm still a fan of Mrs Renfro's regular hot salsa. Haven't found another I like more.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So the NFL and some MLB sports teams are already dropping Papa Johns which nixes the 50% deal and I sure as hell ain't paying full price for their level of food. RIP $3 garlic parmesan breadsticks, the last of your kind.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm still a fan of Mrs Renfro's regular hot salsa. Haven't found another I like more.

I fucking knew you were going to hipster me. Yes I know it’s not Renfros but it’s pretty amazing for Frito Lay!

Also I sprinkle Ghost Pepper In the salsa too. Noodleface Noodleface

Wait is noodle gone?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I fucking knew you were going to hipster me. Yes I know it’s not Renfros but it’s pretty amazing for Frito Lay!

Also I sprinkle Ghost Pepper In the salsa too. Noodleface Noodleface

Wait is noodle gone?

Noodle left because of the Tyen/swamp donkey thread. Apparently they were too white trash for him to stick around.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That was the biggest pussy move ever. I still don't why that thread is what broke him.

And c'mon, Mrs Renfro's is a nationally available brand. That's like calling some who prefers 5 Guys over Burger King to be hipster.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That was the biggest pussy move ever. I still don't why that thread is what broke him.

And c'mon, Mrs Renfro's is a nationally available brand. That's like calling some who prefers 5 Guys over Burger King to be hipster.

I think he may have some personal issues going on and that just sent him over the edge. FoH is a hard habit to break, he'll be back.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's weird. All this talk about the smokehouse but i've been getting some artisan garlic crispy chicken sandwhich from mcd's and it's insanely good. Went to find it on their website but I don't see it. Pretty sure it was on the menu here in the west coast just a couple days ago.

edit: nm found it, had to do a strait google search:

Garlic White Cheddar with Buttermilk Crispy Chicken | McDonald’s

That one was replaced by the Smokehouse here. I loved the garlic one.

Also for you Taco Bell people, the Nacho Fries are back.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
After driving for a few hours passed hunger time without signs suggesting anything good, I did hardee's. Not in the mood to haggle, I agree to their suggestions of "hot chicken sandwich" and medium drink (loser for not suggesting large - 101 folks!!)

It turned out to be a decent sandwich.
Unlike buffalo or tobasco or chemical pepper, it was more jerk. I would have liked a sauce, maybe even chipotle honey drizzle, but the pickles and the butter from Frisco bread did an admiral job
Warning: I did shit myself with this one, but I had onion rings also, because Hardee's fries are garbage.

Last edited:
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

No it’s absolutely not everywhere and on top of it especially on the East Coast the Habanero flavor is impossible to find unless it’s at Wegmans. So I’ll take this Tositios quick grab at Giant over medium Renfros (which is all we got sadly)

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No it’s absolutely not everywhere and on top of it especially on the East Coast the Habanero flavor is impossible to find unless it’s at Wegmans. So I’ll take this Tositios quick grab at Giant over medium Renfros (which is all we got sadly)

I've never even heard of Mrs Renfros. Ive lived in a lot of places in the US too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users