The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Publix ice cream is pretty damn good for a grocery store, and it's generally real ice cream unlike most of the other generic shit.

giphy.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If you all ever get a chance in Texas. Thundercloud subs is probably one of the best sub places there is. Cheaper than Subway or Jersey Mike's or any similar chain.

Simplistic menu with limited items. But delicious.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I feel like there is pretty minimal BBQ where I am in South Florida, which is really a shame. A lot of Southeast Asian stuff is just mia completely. Thai, Korean, nope. There are 1832 chinesse places though, and they all suck
Where you at? I'm in Ft. Lauderdale and I tend to agree. There are a few BBQ places around here that aren't chains, but I haven't tried them. Not many. South Florida is not "southern" by any stretch of the imagination. Lots of good Cuban, Peruvian, Colombian places though!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Had the bacon variant of this today, was pretty good. Not 100% sure how I feel tastewise about Raclette cheese in a burger, but it is for sure higher quality than the standard McDonalds cheese. The bun is some kind of artisan bread thing, was perhaps the best part of the burger.

McRaclette.JPG

• 3Like
  • 2Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Had the sourdough philly king from BK today. Was bad. Real bad. It's just cheddar whiz (not even american whiz or provolone) and a shit ton of cold sauteed onions on two burgers. No sauteed peppers or anything. Really shitty.

Should've just gone two for $6 spicy chickens. At least my fries were fresh and good.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Where you at? I'm in Ft. Lauderdale and I tend to agree. There are a few BBQ places around here that aren't chains, but I haven't tried them. Not many. South Florida is not "southern" by any stretch of the imagination. Lots of good Cuban, Peruvian, Colombian places though!
Cape Coral so basically exactly opposite coast

• 1OK, Sure
  • 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Had the sourdough philly king from BK today. Was bad. Real bad. It's just cheddar whiz (not even american whiz or provolone) and a shit ton of cold sauteed onions on two burgers. No sauteed peppers or anything. Really shitty.

Should've just gone two for $6 spicy chickens. At least my fries were fresh and good.

You know what the sad part is? The vast swathes of America that could eat the same thing and think that's an awesome, legit Philly.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had the BK tenders 3 times now. First time they were magical but each additional time they were worse and worse. If you don't get them right out of the fryer they're basically disgusting.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

I don't understand. The commercials show real Philadelphians claiming it's as good as a real Philly cheese steak.

Granted, real Philly cheese steaks are one of the most overrated famous city foods ever.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Never seen a thundercloud subs up here in DFW, but if I see one I'll try it.

Going for Korean BBQ tonight, my body is ready!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't understand. The commercials show real Philadelphians claiming it's as good as a real Philly cheese steak.

Granted, real Philly cheese steaks are one of the most overrated famous city foods ever.
Philly cheese steak isn't some local exotic delicacy. You can make that shit in your kitchen in 20 minutes. The tough part is getting the bombass hoagie roll to make it with.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard

I've never had one in Philly, but I get them a lot at big franchises and chains and they can be fucking amazing. It's ridiculous how good a shit place like O'Charleys or something can make a philly. It's really easy to make good, I've made them at home before and it's literally like 4 fucking things combined and it's delicious. The fact that BK fucked it up so hard is aggrivating. They've been doing fairly well with their new sandwiches and I swear had they had an actual chef go "hey guys, let's use the REAL ingredients" instead of listening to Tommy Cheddar Jr saying "Hey my uncle's got 5000 tons of cheddar cheez goop he can sell ya real cheap!"

I like sauteed onions. I like cheese sauce. And it STILL fucking sucked. The burgers themselves were pretty tasty, but I just had to pull stringy cold sauteed onions out of every bite while fucking cleaning up cheez goop off my pants and steering wheel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Had the BK tenders 3 times now. First time they were magical but each additional time they were worse and worse. If you don't get them right out of the fryer they're basically disgusting.
I feel this way with pretty much everything I've ever had from Burger King, ever.

For me, BK is like a 'once every 6mo' kind of thing.

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know if you have a safeway out there but their Safeway Select Crab Wantons are vastly superior than those. Vastly.
I don't have a Safeway; it's my first frozen wanton - kinda excited about it.

I've since tried the sauces. Both are good. Shrimp has spice and Fries have a mayo like smoothness. Shrimp comes out in globs and Fries comes out easy to control.