The Fast Food Thread

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
I honestly hate to do this but I agree with Noodle on a surprising number of things. I will not eat a drumstick like in the gif above because I get bits of gristle and fat, tendon or ligament tissue, what have you...small amounts, that really trigger me.

I'm also a supertaster.

don't tar and feather me pls

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I honestly hate to do this but I agree with Noodle on a surprising number of things. I will not eat a drumstick like in the gif above because I get bits of gristle and fat, tendon or ligament tissue, what have you...small amounts, that really trigger me.

I'm also a supertaster.

don't tar and feather me pls
Yeah I mean when I see people eating a wing like that I assume they're some garbage subhuman monster with a dumpster for a stomach

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah I mean when I see people eating a wing like that I assume they're some garbage subhuman monster with a dumpster for a stomach

I am also not a fan of cartilage and tendon in general, but I've had some Japanese beef tendon soup that was fucking amazing.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Never eaten at cracker barrel before. Don’t think I’m missing much.
They're always located near interstates so if you're on a roadtrip and you need a meal that won't blow out your digestive system it's a safe bet.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never eaten at cracker barrel before. Don’t think I’m missing much.
They used to be an event. Back in my day, people waited to eat like it was an amusement park. Cracker Barrel had rocking chairs to sit on, oversized checkers (this was before modern boardgames), and inside was a gift shop packed with wonders - not the least bit ten cent candy canes of the most unusual flavor varieties (also before this was common place)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If nothing else it's a solid step above Denny's and IHOP. I haven't been to a Waffle House so I can't place that on the hierarchy. Is it worse than Denny's?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If nothing else it's a solid step above Denny's and IHOP. I haven't been to a Waffle House so I can't place that on the hierarchy. Is it worse than Denny's?

Think Denny's but more efficient and a smaller menu.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, Cracker Barrel is to breakfast what Chik-Fil-A is to fast food. Always good food, decent wait staff and almost no reason to complain when you go. Biscuits and apple butter are reason alone for the occasional visit but they had amazing, limited time, Cinnabon-type french toast this last Christmas season. I miss that weekly outing.

iu

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
It's just breakfast food. Breakfast food really hasn't changed in the last 130 years

The delivery method has changed. I had breakfast at a place that is in the middle of farmland. A forklift brought out my plate. Plate was a foot long and piled high. I didn't finish half of it. Wait staff were taking back empty plates, so a lot of people were fed beyond belief. I couldn't hear anything over the din of arteries hardening and the running of saliva. They all wondered why few of them make it past age 55.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
cracker barrel has decent chicken fried steak. It's kinda like if you don't have good breakfast food around you can count on the barrel to not be shit tier but it's not the best.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well if you're in Texas. The SEASON IS UPON US BROS! Around this time every year hatch chili anything booms until like the end of summer.

• 2Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're always located near interstates so if you're on a roadtrip and you need a meal that won't blow out your digestive system it's a safe bet.

Yeah one time on a road trip we rolled in around lunch time. Lots of people waiting outside. We went to Arby’s instead.

That was the closest I’ve gotten to Cracker Barrel.