The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m driving down this weekend to stock up.

Listen for the horn.

7d65218f06740386-the-general-gif-find-on-gifer.gif
Gotten immune to the sound of that horn

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
The chips at mine are also 80 cents. I buy a bag or two on impulse if I didn't use the "bring to my car" option. Well worth it. Also rural life is best life.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Chili Mac MRE pack date 3/18

20190511_193002.jpg

Contents include
1. Chili and Macaroni pouch
20190511_193119.jpg

2. Cherry blueberry cobbler pouch
20190511_193304.jpg

3. Italian bread sticks
20190511_193142.jpg

4. Chocolate protein shake
20190511_193155.jpg

5. A Chocolate oatmeal cookie
20190511_193215.jpg

6. An accessory pouch with the following
1. Matches
2. Salt
3. Coffee
4. Creamer
5. Sugar
6. Gum
7. Spoon
8. Toilet paper
7. One sachet of jalapeno cheese spread.

I started off by adding the two pouches to my heater bag and let it sit for 20 minutes while I drank my protein shake. I would of rather had a Gatorade as this was very thick and did not mix well but was nice when I added some ice and it turned into an almost milkshake.

20190511_194244.jpg

After it finished I put everything on a try

20190511_200002.jpg

The chili Mac was medicore almost boyardee style but it had plenty of beef and was not offensive to me.

The cobbler was delicious and was the best part of the MRE it had nice crunchy bits and lots of fruit.

The bread sticks had a basil taste and was very dense and not at all palatable, the jalapeno cheese spread fixed that right up.

After all that the cookie was tasty but I was super stuffed and only ate half.

Finished it with a nice cup of coffee and that was a wrap.

Not as good as my last one, I was a tad disappointed as many people said it was the best MRE out there. I enjoyed the beef Brisket more.

• 5Quality Calories
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The chili Mac was medicore almost boyardee style but it had plenty of beef and was not offensive to me.

The cobbler was delicious and was the best part of the MRE it had nice crunchy bits and lots of fruit.

The bread sticks had a basil taste and was very dense and not at all palatable, the jalapeno cheese spread fixed that right up.

Not as good as my last one, I was a tad disappointed as many people said it was the best MRE out there. I enjoyed the beef Brisket more.

I always liked MREs more after being miserable/wet/tired/hungry. But eating them a lot always made me miss the green eggs and ham type meals (actual cooked food that you hated at any other time)

Used to gain weight when on heavy MRE diet, even when younger and super active.

Those MRE dookers, though. HHRRNNGGGGG

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chili Mac MRE pack date 3/18

View attachment 207214

Contents include
1. Chili and Macaroni pouch
View attachment 207215
2. Cherry blueberry cobbler pouch
View attachment 207216
3. Italian bread sticks
View attachment 207217
4. Chocolate protein shake
View attachment 207218
5. A Chocolate oatmeal cookie
View attachment 207219
6. An accessory pouch with the following
1. Matches
2. Salt
3. Coffee
4. Creamer
5. Sugar
6. Gum
7. Spoon
8. Toilet paper
7. One sachet of jalapeno cheese spread.

I started off by adding the two pouches to my heater bag and let it sit for 20 minutes while I drank my protein shake. I would of rather had a Gatorade as this was very thick and did not mix well but was nice when I added some ice and it turned into an almost milkshake.

View attachment 207220

After it finished I put everything on a try

View attachment 207221

mix them in the pouch with some crunched fritos get your swole on

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I pretty much stopped even bothering to heat shit in MRE's after a year. Only a few entrees were better hot than cold (Jambalaya). @a_skeleton_02 if you want to be a real US Army solja what you do is take the entree pouch and cut it lengthwise with a knife. Then eat it like that.

I always hated the fucking milkshakes though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I pretty much stopped even bothering to heat shit in MRE's after a year. Only a few entrees were better hot than cold (Jambalaya). @a_skeleton_02 if you want to be a real US Army solja what you do is take the entree pouch and cut it lengthwise with a knife. Then eat it like that.

I always hated the fucking milkshakes though.
This.

MRE heaters were a PITA.

I used to go stick mine in the slats by the exhaust on an Abrams I knew wasn't going anywhere soon. One guy blew my mind when he showed me that you could drop one in a 5-ton exhaust, then come back 5 minutes later, gun the engine and shoot the MRE out, piping hot. For some reason I just didn't trust it that much, but /shrug.

But TJT TJT is def correct on cutting the pouches open lengthwise. Used to get these oversized brown plastic MRE spoons, but even then it's just a pain trying to scoop shit out when you open them the 'right' way. It would be like trying to scoop mac and cheese out of a pringles can with a screwdriver.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I just metooed a bag of these while reading this thread.

• 2Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Jalapeno Double Burger for $2.50 at Carl's Jr is legit. I like it more than the 5 or 6 dollar shitburgers they have.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I was craving a burger and driving yesterday and landed upon McD's. I had their Mushroom and Swiss thing. It was actually wayyy better than I expected. I usually get the Double Quarter Pounder.

I was quite impressed considering it was McD's.

Today I went to Thundercloud Subs (lol Austin is Weird local chain) and I always like the place but I've learned my lesson. The only Thundercloud worth going to is at the Austin airport. Everyone of them is ran like it's the 1970's. Which is a distinctly Austin thing... I guess. But it pissed me off as all the employees were obviously stoned even in the middle of downtown. Now I expect that from Juiceland here but god damn. It took me 15 minutes to get a sandwich and I was the ONLY dude in there at 3PM.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Some new stuff at the BK here in Switzerland, not sure if you American folks have had this for a while, I would imagine so. Bacon Lover Burger and Bacon Lover fries, pics here.

Burger was kinda disappointing, the bacon wasnt great and the bun was not as good as a normal Whopper bun. The fries also have a cheese sauce on them and those are really good. Only costs 1 CHF to upgrade your menu to them and considering you have to pay 40 cents per ketchup/mayo pack here, its a no brainer to get these instead. Overall a decent addition to the menu although I expect its a limited time only thing.

The best new thing at BK here though is the Halloumi King. Halloumi is cheese popular in the middle east, its kinda like feta from a texture and consistency standpoint, just not as salty tastewise. They deepfry a big chunk of it then dress it up like a normal burger, this thing is fantastic.

Does this exist in the US?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wow that sounds great. Halloumi is so good. I use that instead of paneer when I make Indian food.