The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Why would you get a non-toasted bun vs a toasted one? Toasted buns are far superior!

I don't know how anyone can say In n Out is trash. Maybe it's not your preference but trash? Get the fuck outta here. Double double with chopped chilis is definitely my favorite fast food burger. Not even close. I do enjoy Five Guys but rarely go. It's probably been over two years since I've been to one.

First, they still toast the bun, they just do it without adding an oil coating on it.. Which makes for a better bun IMHO.

Second, I didn't say In and Out was trash, I just heartily disagree with any assertion that it's better than Whataburger.

What I don't like in this debate is that there are really two classes of burgers we're talking about here. Fast food, where Whataburger, In and Out, Burger King, White Castle, etc live... And then the "Fast Casual" which are more like restaurants , this is 5 guys, Shake Shack, Grub, Etc...

The easy way to tell them apart for the most part is simple... Do they have a drive thru?

In the "Fast Casual" class I am a little torn... I have a sentimental attachment to Fuddruckers because they were one of the first of this genre around, and I remember getting a lot of lunches at one on McKinney Ave in Dallas back in the early 90's. But in the modern day crowd I put Shake Shack over 5 guys. I not only like their burgers better, I prefer their fries.

And I think it's well established I'm in the Whataburger camp for my fast food. Even have their app on my phone for the occasional free fry or burger offers it throws me, and I'm thoroughly ashamed in that it also records your total visits.... The app has existed for around 3 years now, and I will just say my number of visits would probably make my cardiologist fire me as a patient.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
In all seriousness, and this isn't a slam on you like sometimes I might be inclined to make, but do you make a living off of figuring out ways to do shit better/different? Like, if I posted a thread about something totally obscure like making my own tires for my car, I sort of feel like you'd know of a tool or machine I should buy off the top of your head, which type of recycled rubber to use and where to buy it, and the best way to use said item so I don't get an inferior result. You literally post things like this all the time, and they clearly aren't just something you googled that moment (I think), you seem to have or had the item yourself and attempted to use it enough times that you can give advice as to what to avoid.

I am sure I've probably busted your balls about something in the past, but this isn't one of those times. I'm genuinely curious. If there is ever a "How do I do X?" post or thread, I fully expect to see a post from you soon after. I mean, I know about a lot of things, and so do the people on this board, but if I had to bet my life, I'd bet that you have far more posts about this sort of advice than most of us combined. Sure, you tend to post more in general than most people, but that's not it either. Unless you're constantly making shit up and I just don't know enough to recognize it, which I don't think is the case because I think someone would have called it out by now, how the fuck is that possible?
i just read and remember, and stuff just clicks, and just offer a quip, hoping it helps. mostly i post from doing it, (cuz of curiousity) if i just read it, i'll be like "i read" and i'm not too sure (like i recently made a fridge post about deep freezers)

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I only have access to 4 of those 10 burgers. How will I ever know if I agree with this internet burger list?!

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What if you don't ask nicely?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
First, they still toast the bun, they just do it without adding an oil coating on it.. Which makes for a better bun IMHO.

Second, I didn't say In and Out was trash, I just heartily disagree with any assertion that it's better than Whataburger.

What I don't like in this debate is that there are really two classes of burgers we're talking about here. Fast food, where Whataburger, In and Out, Burger King, White Castle, etc live... And then the "Fast Casual" which are more like restaurants , this is 5 guys, Shake Shack, Grub, Etc...

The easy way to tell them apart for the most part is simple... Do they have a drive thru?

In the "Fast Casual" class I am a little torn... I have a sentimental attachment to Fuddruckers because they were one of the first of this genre around, and I remember getting a lot of lunches at one on McKinney Ave in Dallas back in the early 90's. But in the modern day crowd I put Shake Shack over 5 guys. I not only like their burgers better, I prefer their fries.

And I think it's well established I'm in the Whataburger camp for my fast food. Even have their app on my phone for the occasional free fry or burger offers it throws me, and I'm thoroughly ashamed in that it also records your total visits.... The app has existed for around 3 years now, and I will just say my number of visits would probably make my cardiologist fire me as a patient.

P. Terry's is better than In and Out.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Carls Jr has western bacon burgers for a dollar today. Don't know if its national or not though.

• 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Carls Jr has western bacon burgers for a dollar today. Don't know if its national or not though.
I went to a Hardee's out here thinking it would be the same as Carl's Jr since its a sister company. What a depressing day that was.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like In-N-Out kind of grows on you. The first time I went after I moved to California I wasn't that impressed with it but by the time I left there were plenty of nights I sat in line at 1 AM for a post-raid double-double. Last time I went to California I got in my rental car and immediately told the GPS "Navigate to In-N-Out".

I lot of my family who've been coming down from WA to visit and never had in and out went down this same path. Meh at first but now it's the place they wanna go first when they get here, kinda weird

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It’s definitely greasy and I think most everyone agrees they are a bit overpriced (especially if you are a super taster that likes plain cheeseburgers). I get mine with everything on it and it’s really good.

Culver’s is good but it’s hardly any cheaper than 5 guys and you get quite a bit less food

Not sure if it's more expensive in your area but the Culver Double Deluxe here is under 5 bucks. I mean it's cheaper than the Quarter Pounder in my area.

• 1Quality Calories

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Oh apparently Sonic has a Reaper Spicy Margarita slush. I wish I could try one, but not driving 2 hours for Sonics.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Best pizza = New York

Best BBQ = KC

Best Spicy cheese curls= Chicago

Motherfuckin god tier

41C1AB72-F8AF-49D8-84F9-DCCDEECFBEC2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Did you really buy snacks on Ebay? This is peak Fast Food Thread.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been craving cheeseburger pizza from Papa John's. It has a Mac sauce derivative and pickles.