The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
pumkin-popems.png

Buy them! They are god tier.
I will try them.

I will add my Great Value Queso Chips to God Tier status. I forgot it was a thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
That picture irritates me just looking at it. That is only enough sauce to dip one of those squares in. Nothing I hate more than stingy dipping sauce amounts.
I agree with you. Dominoes has offensively small size. Little Caesars practically gives a bowl.
However, with these you don't really want to drench them because it's a Cheez-It. You want that cheddar crunch. Take exterior bites and then once awful interior exposed, douse it in sauce.

I'll eat the last two tomorrow after air-frying them to see if that fixes the texture issue. Airfrying is also great for leftover pizza.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Just tried that new toasted cheddar chalupa, it wasn't bad. There was no extra cheese flavor that I could detect, but the extra cheese crunchiness was pleasing.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Just tried that new toasted cheddar chalupa, it wasn't bad. There was no extra cheese flavor that I could detect, but the extra cheese crunchiness was pleasing.

It's pretty mild but theres a bit of a sharp cheddar tang. It was a nice addition to the Chalupa shell texture.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I had 2 for $7 Rally's "loaded bacon jalapeno stuffed" burgers or some shit today. They were very good. Just a mound of fucking toppings with bacon, crispy onions, and the usual Rally's stuff but in the middle of two burger patties was like a big melted goo-ball of pepperjack cheese. It sounds gross, but it was really good. I think instead of truly stuffing their burgers they just kind of place burgers around the melty cheese. And I swear to Odin they had the same sauce as the Angry whopper, but just not enough of it on it.

I'd give it a solid 8/10.

1568935696379.png

Edit: Oh yeah, they had the buttery buttered buns on it too which are always the fucking best.

• 3Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Most vegetarians of the different kinds go back to eating meat within 6 months of trying to 'do better'. Personally, the only vegetarians I've ever seen succeed long term are raised that way and don't know the deliciousness of meat. I can't fault people for trying to find a compromise because people are weak. I also eat whatever with my wife as a support system since she is pescatarian.

Back to thread topic, the Impossible Whopper has tasted better to me because they are trying harder to make a good product. My local BKs shit out some half-assed whoppers most of time but the Impossibles are loaded with toppings and pretty damn good. I usually only eat BK when I'm craving a Bacon King, they have something new, or I need a whopper fix and I use the BOGO deal. I like meat, and I like some effort put into the meal I've paid into. That's the Impossible Whopper right now far more than their regular ones.

i was strict vegetarian for about 5 years. what ended up turning be back was actually the butt loads of free venison my dad offered me at one point when i was broke and needed food in my fridge. then i was pretty strict about just eating stuff that was either hunted or raised locally (we live in a rural farming community) for about 3 more years after that.

and then you all have seen my Fast Food Thread posts over the past 4-5 years lol.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
i was strict vegetarian for about 5 years. what ended up turning be back was actually the butt loads of free venison my dad offered me at one point when i was broke and needed food in my fridge. then i was pretty strict about just eating stuff that was either hunted or raised locally (we live in a rural farming community) for about 3 more years after that.

and then you all have seen my Fast Food Thread posts over the past 4-5 years lol.

I went veggie for a pretty long time - maybe two years? And then I got a job at a SF tech startup and started getting those dope catered meals and they're very meat-centric. Went back to eating meat.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I had 2 for $7 Rally's "loaded bacon jalapeno stuffed" burgers or some shit today. They were very good. Just a mound of fucking toppings with bacon, crispy onions, and the usual Rally's stuff but in the middle of two burger patties was like a big melted goo-ball of pepperjack cheese. It sounds gross, but it was really good. I think instead of truly stuffing their burgers they just kind of place burgers around the melty cheese. And I swear to Odin they had the same sauce as the Angry whopper, but just not enough of it on it.

I'd give it a solid 8/10.

View attachment 223620

Edit: Oh yeah, they had the buttery buttered buns on it too which are always the fucking best.

Man if I could buy said above burgers for 2 for $7 and they looked like the picture I would go ultra fatty mode on them. Those things look delicious as fuck, but we both know in reality they will come out as some smushed sadness without nearly the cheese or anything else plus Rally's and Checkers both have the most bottom rung employees at least in this area they make the McDonald crew look like champions.

• 1Truth!

joz123

Potato del Grande
All checkers in my city closed down, they were terrible anyway. Only ever went to them for funnel cake.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Rally's Checkers are:

Only found in the ghetto
Staffed poorly
Incredibly Slow

BUT

Have a shit ton of variety
Tastes pretty fuckin' good
Doesn't taste like any other fast food place
God Tier Fries
A lot of good $$$ deals with mix n match stuff

Basically if you know what you're getting into, you'll come out enjoying it. If you want your white chik fil a girls that pray for you and shit, that ain't happenin. Also they're NOTORIOUS for health issues. I have 2 near (2+ miles and 10+ miles) me and both were shut down recently for a few weeks by the health department. But they're back open now!

I highly enjoy their chicken sandwiches. Also just their Rally burgers with cheese are pretty good if you want to eat 3-4 of them. And of course, their fries. Super expensive, but super fucking worth.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Homestyle jalapeno chicken? Or the other one? I almost tried one today but trying to be good. Was going to go full retard with 1 + spicy nuggs and a chicken BLT.
I went spicy. I ended up chasing it with vanilla Frosty.
Crunchies were very nice, but cheese was unflavored and bland. Sauce was more spice, needed mayo or something.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I had the chicken and the burger yesterday, both were good but I prefer the burger more. Such a great burger.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I went spicy. I ended up chasing it with vanilla Frosty.
Crunchies were very nice, but cheese was unflavored and bland. Sauce was more spice, needed mayo or something.
Believe both have the same cheese, muenster which would be very easily overpowered. I'm sure the idea is just something creamy to mellow out the spices somewhat.. or something hipstery idea. I love muenster, just not sure if that's actually the best pairing.

I'm trying to figure out if popeyes has restocked theirchicken sandwhiches yet so I don't waste my time trying to go to the only one near me at all.

• 1Like