The Fast Food Thread

Sevens

Log Wizard
meat
/mēt/

noun
noun: meat; plural noun: meats
the flesh of an animal (especially a mammal) as food

What the fuck is fish? Its, by definition, meat.
And people wonder why I think religion is such a fucking clusterfuck.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Originally it was something like you can't eat anything on the land, only things from the ocean/river. But i guess a bunch of monks were killing beavers and random shit like that and eating that meat since they "live" in the water and they changed it. Or some nonsense like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
So after searching around for news it appears that Chick-Fil-A is permanently discontinuing fish products and won't have any for Lent this year? Their internal portal had an article up claiming "fryer restraints" where the amount they sold did not justify dedicating one to fish. Chicken is cooked in a different oil than the fries/fish so sacrificing a fryer for something that does less sales and would lower overall cooking volume was nixed by corporate.
Fish sandwich at Arby's is good and it's 2 for 5 right now.

• 1Quality Calories

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Originally it was something like you can't eat anything on the land, only things from the ocean/river. But i guess a bunch of monks were killing beavers and random shit like that and eating that meat since they "live" in the water and they changed it. Or some nonsense like that.

No wonder monks don't live in an advanced civilization, couldn't evolve since they ate the beavers

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
No wonder monks don't live in an advanced civilization, couldn't evolve since they ate the beavers
They were green monks

5b6f9f5b-save-a-tree-eat-a-beaver-shirt-3.jpg

• 1Like

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
meat
/mēt/

noun
noun: meat; plural noun: meats
the flesh of an animal (especially a mammal) as food

What the fuck is fish? Its, by definition, meat.
And people wonder why I think religion is such a fucking clusterfuck.
lol...people wanting consistency out religion.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
After I graduated high school, my grandmother took me on a trip to Japan and we stayed with the family of the exchange student we'd had for the year. Went to a yakiniku restaurant and after I was done with all the meat, I took my leftover dipping sauce and poured it over my rice. The host parents looked at me like they'd never seen anyone do that before and the dad just muttered "sauce gohan..." But, why wouldn't you? Was tasty.
Japan has a fetish about their rice. Putting sauce on it is like someone in the US putting ketchup on a steak.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Japan has a fetish about their rice. Putting sauce on it is like someone in the US putting ketchup on a steak.

Also makes it way harder to eat. Japanese rice is naturally sticky which means it holds together so you can pick it up easily with chopsticks. Sauce slicks everything and makes it so you have to scoop it up with chopsticks rather than pick it up.

The correct thing to do: Grill your meat, dip it in your salt/sauce, brush it on your rice, put the meat in your mouth, take a chunk of rice, and chew them together.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Also makes it way harder to eat. Japanese rice is naturally sticky which means it holds together so you can pick it up easily with chopsticks. Sauce slicks everything and makes it so you have to scoop it up with chopsticks rather than pick it up.

The correct thing to do: Grill your meat, dip it in your salt/sauce, brush it on your rice, put the meat in your mouth, take a chunk of rice, and chew them together.
Oh no doubt. I love Japanese rice. They just make it a cultural thing.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Rice is bland, flavorless and nutritionally not very useful. Its the chinese equivalent of wonder bread.

I always get asian food without rice, and ignore culinary criticisms from cultures that still havent figured out soup, breakfast, or dessert.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I don't even like rice that much. I have literally short circuited Japanese peoples brains by ordering set meals and asking them to hold the rice.
Having miso shiro every day for breakfast and lots of rice during my foreign exchange program left an impression. But yeah, I can see them trying to convince you to take the rice anyways.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I always get asian food without rice, and ignore culinary criticisms from cultures that still havent figured out soup, breakfast, or dessert.
Funny thing is if you went and ate with actual Chinese you’ll have lots of soup, breakfast and dessert.

In fact I’d love to see McCheese McCheese or Erronius Erronius have afood coma because they don’t stop bringing food. They want to see you explode never mind all the Tsingtao you drank.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
As long as it's not raw fish or anything...

Some of that shit they eat, especially in China, is a big NOPE for me.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As long as it's not raw fish or anything...

Some of that shit they eat, especially in China, is a big NOPE for me.
yeah nothing like that but some of the food is very spicy at least where I lived.

• 1Like