The Fast Food Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
There was a Cheeseburger in Paradise around here that I visited probably 10 - 15 years ago. It was mediocre and I had forgotten about it. Basically like a TGI Friday's or Red Robin.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only complaint I've heard is that there's too much involved. Between the cream cheese mix, cheese sauce, jalapenos, bacon, and spicy chicken, you just don't taste all of it. I'll be sampling sometime this weekend.
I've definitely had sandwiches do that, but this one I get everything and oh boy they all work

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rad

Lord of Guk
Wasnt that the Jimmy Buffett owned place?

I know we're not discussing Margaritaville but holy shit... indulge in the perfect margarita. Nectar of the Aztec gods.

This drink is responsible for many Vegas nights starting with laughs and ending in a hangover.

perfectmarg.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
There was a Cheeseburger in Paradise around here that I visited probably 10 - 15 years ago. It was mediocre and I had forgotten about it. Basically like a TGI Friday's or Red Robin.

Same here. I guess it was ok when it first opened?

Then they closed it and opened a Fuddruckers. And looking at Yelp online, Fuddruckers ended up with a much better rating.

For whatever reason, we have a ton of people here who buy into franchises, open them locally here and then destroy the brand. Chuy's was that way. So was Freebirds.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I don't known if we are just lucky but our Red Robin is damn good.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just had the new spicy chicken from McDonalds... it was not good.
In typical McDonalds fashion the spicy sauce was in a big glob covering only about 1/3rd of the sandwich.

The best thing about it were the pickles... those pickles on Chick Fil A spicy would be perfection.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I worked at a concert venue during summers when I was a teenager. I sold concessions. The worst week of each summer was when Jimmy Buffett came to town. All his jackass parrotheads would swarm into town. A bunch of 50 year olds acting like they're 25. The only positive was they'd often get so drunk they'd throw money down for their food and wander off, forgetting to take the change. Cash tips, baby.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Same here. I guess it was ok when it first opened?

Then they closed it and opened a Fuddruckers. And looking at Yelp online, Fuddruckers ended up with a much better rating.

For whatever reason, we have a ton of people here who buy into franchises, open them locally here and then destroy the brand. Chuy's was that way. So was Freebirds.
Thats a shame because both of those places are pretty legit.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I worked at a concert venue during summers when I was a teenager. I sold concessions. The worst week of each summer was when Jimmy Buffett came to town. All his jackass parrotheads would swarm into town. A bunch of 50 year olds acting like they're 25. The only positive was they'd often get so drunk they'd throw money down for their food and wander off, forgetting to take the change. Cash tips, baby.
He did pack venues though.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
My man Ozzy, LOL

"Your father can't have one burrito, he has to have 900 burritos"

But who eats a Chipotle burrito with a fucking fork? LOL

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just had the new spicy chicken from McDonalds... it was not good.
In typical McDonalds fashion the spicy sauce was in a big glob covering only about 1/3rd of the sandwich.

The best thing about it were the pickles... those pickles on Chick Fil A spicy would be perfection.
imo, thats cuz it's a new burger and they just give the prep kitchen a squeeze bottle full of sauce

which is stupid b/c they would never take the time to circle swirl around the burger, cuz they just make burgers.

thats why staples like mayo/mac sauce are dole'd out in a pre measured caulk gun
ac5476bc1c53f3997026c1fc8de76eda.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I thought the song "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison was a Jimmy Buffet song for like 10 years because I downloaded a file from Napster that said it was him in 1999. If that was true it would be Jimmy Buffet's best song.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I thought the song "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison was a Jimmy Buffet song for like 10 years because I downloaded a file from Napster that said it was him in 1999. If that was true it would be Jimmy Buffet's best song.
Come Monday, it'll be alright
Come Monday, I'll be holding you tight
I spent four lonely days in a brown L.A. haze
And I just want you back by my side

Come Monday...Jimmy Buffett
I use to get who sang this and Brown eyed girl mixed up.

Moon Dance is by far Van Morrisons best song.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have no interest in Jimmy Buffet songs or restaurants, but I have to say that the Broadway show Escape to Margaritaville was the first one I ever saw, and I went to NY expecting to hate every one we had scheduled. I loved them all, including that one. It was actually a great "intro" to Broadway shows, because it was much more humorous than most of them.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Was heading out to a work site and didn't want my typical mexican taco gorging, so put into google maps to look at places next to it. See some wings to go place I've never been to that is fairly new and decided it was time for my monthly 50 wings + bottle of ranch lunch. When I opened the menu my eyes nearly burst out of my head.

Here's the haul I got. Burger was really damn good, especially for what I payed. Fries were amazing. Fat crinkle is a brave choice with how often they are bad/undercooked, but they had an awesome crisp of a potato chip on the outside with light fluffy texture on the inside. Perfect. The bulgogi was great, and there was a little sauce on the side to add in that tasted amazing. Their honey mustard wings were some of the best I've ever had.

Next time I'm getting the bibimbap and dumplings. Onion rings didn't survive the trip to the job. Why the hell is the place only advertising itself for wings?

photo_2021-03-04_11-55-40.jpg

Last edited:
  • 7Quality Calories
  • 4Like
Reactions: 10 users