The Fast Food Thread

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Scienced just the cream cheese jalapeno sauce from Wendy's trying it on regular chicken sandwich and JBC.. it's basically just garlic aioli.

• 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I tried that popper sandwich and Conefed Conefed is right. It looks like too much but it’s one of the better fast food sandwiches I’ve had in a while. My first was amazing and the second one was much worse but still really good.

Wendy’s has really been impressive with this and that beer cheese burger they did last year. BK can’t even figure out how to bring back the Angry Whopper and McDs can’t even make a decent ck sandwich. Hardee’s is shit tier. No wonder Chik-Fil-A has exploded.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I had this one korean roommate and his mom made the best stuff and just load us up. Totally typical jars of things outside and the house reeked of asain fermented items. She made us these weekly bags of marinated beef. The best way i could explain it is the best mongolian beef ever but I havent been able to create it or have EVER found anything near it in any restaurant.
here you go, like i said, if you do not have direct access to a korean bitch that knows how to cook, just get all your recipes from her

she is so great that i ABHOR cook books, ppl know i cook and they give me cook books, i put that shit away (or re-gift, lulz)

but her book is one i had to have for korean cooking

honestly imo the reason why i believe bulgogi tastes good is cuz of the thin cuts that create more surface area for the marinade to stick to

if you look at her recipe, i believe the secret ingredient is pear, she also uses it for kimchi as well (which i just recently made 20lbs of), you won't find these authentic recipes and the special "asiany" ingredient in white ppl sites like

also if that mom gave you all bags of bulgogi, it likely cost massive hundreds, cuz it's basically rib eye, and since most korean moms can't slice rib eye that thin, they buy it pre-packaged sliced thin that costs even more.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
here you go, like i said, if you do not have direct access to a korean bitch that knows how to cook, just get all your recipes from her

she is so great that i ABHOR cook books, ppl know i cook and they give me cook books, i put that shit away (or re-gift, lulz)

but her book is one i had to have for korean cooking

honestly imo the reason why i believe bulgogi tastes good is cuz of the thin cuts that create more surface area for the marinade to stick to

if you look at her recipe, i believe the secret ingredient is pear, she also uses it for kimchi as well (which i just recently made 20lbs of), you won't find these authentic recipes and the special "asiany" ingredient in white ppl sites like

also if that mom gave you all bags of bulgogi, it likely cost massive hundreds, cuz it's basically rib eye, and since most korean moms can't slice rib eye that thin, they buy it pre-packaged sliced thin that costs even more.
This is perfect, thank you!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
District BBQ former coowner of Oklahoma Joe’s opened this up. Best BBQ I’ve had around the DC area (lol not saying much I guess)

Burnt ends were delectable. Close to Joes or Bryant’s
Ribs good.
Beans phenomenal
Brisket is great too.

1615231048522.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 4Quality Calories
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
1615239633879.png

Just sexually harassed the fuck out of these. Surprisingly spicy, as far as fast-food "spicy" goes. Definitely A+ tier.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
No the knockoff
I tried that popper sandwich and Conefed Conefed is right. It looks like too much but it’s one of the better fast food sandwiches I’ve had in a while. My first was amazing and the second one was much worse but still really good.

Wendy’s has really been impressive with this and that beer cheese burger they did last year. BK can’t even figure out how to bring back the Angry Whopper and McDs can’t even make a decent ck sandwich. Hardee’s is shit tier. No wonder Chik-Fil-A has exploded.
Hardee's sliders were banging but the bastards got rid of them. Their burgers taste like fuckin boca

• 1Repost
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
$26 of McDonalds for dinner.

Got the buy one get one for a $1 deal on Filet-o-fish. It was still like $2.75 each but not the worst. One thing I noticed is that they're steaming the buns again. For a while they started toasting them, like the regular burger buns. Glad these were steamed again. I could smash a dozen filet-o-fish but they've always been pricey.

Big Mac deal. I usually get one of those.

2 McDoubles. They weren't dressed remotely straight but they were good.

I got a spicy crispy chicken to try it. I have to mirror what's already been said. Is it better than an OG McChicken? I guess. But at $4.49? Fuck no. It doesn't come close to any other spicy chicken sandwich. It tasted like it was a slight increase in ingredient cost and quality, just to quadruple the price. I doubt I'll get one again, ever. Or that I'll try the other 2 (crispy and homestyle)

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got 2 lbs of brisket from Black's BBQ on Saturday. Hadn't been there since before the Rona.

So good.

1615376060720.png

1615376090038.png

• 4Like
  • 3Quality Calories
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, was fasting for doctor visit, and broke the fast with a Del Taco Huevos Rancheros Epic Burrito. Holy fuck was that good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Question, Krispy Krunchy Fried Chicken and Hunts Pizza... Are these gas stations brought pre-cooked chicken that they keep warm? Or do they make it there via their recipe?

• 1Garbage

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Question, Krispy Krunchy Fried Chicken and Hunts Pizza... Are these gas stations brought pre-cooked chicken that they keep warm? Or do they make it there via their recipe?
It's probably made somewhere else and reconstituted on site, that's how its so cheap

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hey yo @Falxy-US

20210309_160536.jpg

the fryer did amazing for the straight fries, crinkle fries were alrite, maybe it's just cuz theyre crinkle fries, both are ordea brand, i followed the directions

also i made fried chicken, this basket is small, it ONLY holds one thigh and one leg, but thats fine b/c the temp control is excellent.

it holds 48oz of oil, which is just the perfect size it's sold in

a39d697f5297589e2ac2a0aef03d3ed4.png

so just empty one bottle into the fryer, then when done let cool, put funnel and filter on the bottle and pour back in, clean up is WAY easier than my old electric fryer b/c theres no annoying electroids to clean around
0d2c767241847da2faadaa48491725c5.png

the charcoal filter i actually like cuz after 4 chicken legs, my house didn't smell like oil, so that works pretty well.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
hey yo @Falxy-US

View attachment 340936

the fryer did amazing for the straight fries, crinkle fries were alrite, maybe it's just cuz theyre crinkle fries, both are ordea brand, i followed the directions

also i made fried chicken, this basket is small, it ONLY holds one thigh and one leg, but thats fine b/c the temp control is excellent.

so just empty one bottle into the fryer, then when done let cool, put funnel and filter on the bottle and pour back in, clean up is WAY easier than my old electric fryer b/c theres no annoying electroids to clean around

the charcoal filter i actually like cuz after 4 chicken legs, my house didn't smell like oil, so that works pretty well.

Thats fantastic man. I was going to ask about the clean up too. Sounds like it's not bad at all. And perfect that it only takes one big oil to fill it up. Thank you!

• 1Salty

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thats fantastic man. I was going to ask about the clean up too. Sounds like it's not bad at all. And perfect that it only takes one big oil to fill it up. Thank you!
yea filtering was actually easy using the funnel and then the brew basket
56400d4f5c0d8bf570ce32bebc10a912.png

cuz after it's all poured in, all the crumbs are collected right in the brew basket and you just throw the crumbs away

tbh, i'll probably only use it for frys, cuz the fry basket got REALLY messy with the stuck on crumbs from the fried chicken batter.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
hey yo @Falxy-US

View attachment 340936

Do they have a larger one that's just as easy to clean up?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do they have a larger one that's just as easy to clean up?
i don't think so? last night i weighed out 6oz of straight fries and 6oz of crinkles (separate batch) and the oil barely covered them... i'll try 12oz tonight? but yea the basket can only hold 1 thigh and 1 leg... MAYBE 1 thight and 2 legs if you squish em.

idk about wings cuz my dillons actually doesn't have wings for sale

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i don't think so? last night i weighed out 6oz of straight fries and 6oz of crinkles (separate batch) and the oil barely covered them... i'll try 12oz tonight? but yea the basket can only hold 1 thigh and 1 leg... MAYBE 1 thight and 2 legs if you squish em.

idk about wings cuz my dillons actually doesn't have wings for sale
Looking at getting this one.