The Fast Food Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
McDonald's app has had a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese, medium fries, and medium drink for $4. Can't really beat that. I've had it twice, so it is at least somewhat repeating. And their new brownie & caramel McFlurry is fucking amazing.

• 2Quality Calories
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Grabbed this pic while waiting for my buffalo ranch chicken strip sandwich at whataburger. TBH wouldn't recommend it, the way the chicken strips are fried just makes it feel like things are thrown together in a way that doesn't really jive in the way slapdash things like that should jive when they are great. Still, love whataburger and I'll be back.

wooop.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
McDonald's app has had a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese, medium fries, and medium drink for $4. Can't really beat that. I've had it twice, so it is at least somewhat repeating. And their new brownie & caramel McFlurry is fucking amazing.
Why have I not heard of this new McFlurry, fuck

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
lulz, i had this video on my "recommended" for two weeks

now you guys can watch too

tldr at night youre supposed to put it through a cleaning cycle which heats up to 151f, and close the store

the failure point pointed out by the tech is that it's probably too full and can't cycle through the cycle, so when store opens up, you see failure code.

that cleaning cycle to me is weird, b/c i know from making coffee that milk starts to break down at 150f (in coffee we use the evil celcius, and thats at 60-65c) this is for steaming milk for espresso's, etc (this is breaking down as in the proteins are starting to separate, but milk curdling is at much higher at 82c)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grabbed this pic while waiting for my buffalo ranch chicken strip sandwich at whataburger. TBH wouldn't recommend it, the way the chicken strips are fried just makes it feel like things are thrown together in a way that doesn't really jive in the way slapdash things like that should jive when they are great. Still, love whataburger and I'll be back.

View attachment 353060
I love me some whataburger and must say I’m a little rustled they still keep the “family owned and operated” signage up on restaurants.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
What a baller

Screenshot_2021-05-08 Noah Bought $2,619 Worth of SpongeBob Popsicles, organized by Katie Schl...png

This is actually pretty darn adorable and I'm not at all mad. This is what Gofundme should be for.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Quality Calories
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So.. did they successfully freezer them all? Why is that left out of the article?

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
New Taco Bell $1 menu is pretty fucking good. Potato-rito is a REALLY good $1 value. Also had the Chicken Chipotle Wrap which was good, but a bit skimpy in size. I'd definitely recommend going and giving them a shot for $1. Don't remember what other options they had, but they had a roll-up and like 2-3 other things for $1 too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
New Taco Bell $1 menu is pretty fucking good. Potato-rito is a REALLY good $1 value. Also had the Chicken Chipotle Wrap which was good, but a bit skimpy in size. I'd definitely recommend going and giving them a shot for $1. Don't remember what other options they had, but they had a roll-up and like 2-3 other things for $1 too.

No lie, the beefy potato-rito is what other dollar menu items wish they were. It is baller.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah potato burrito is an extremely great $1 item. Spicy potato soft taco is also really good.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I’m at Walmart and they don’t fucking have smiley fries. My life is over.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
lulz, i had this video on my "recommended" for two weeks

now you guys can watch too

tldr at night youre supposed to put it through a cleaning cycle which heats up to 151f, and close the store

the failure point pointed out by the tech is that it's probably too full and can't cycle through the cycle, so when store opens up, you see failure code.

that cleaning cycle to me is weird, b/c i know from making coffee that milk starts to break down at 150f (in coffee we use the evil celcius, and thats at 60-65c) this is for steaming milk for espresso's, etc (this is breaking down as in the proteins are starting to separate, but milk curdling is at much higher at 82c)

One of my former roommates was a mechanical engineer; his dream was always building airplanes.

He took a job with one of the companies that manufactured these machines as a stopgap. He thought it was going to be relatively easy at first, but he quickly realized the fluid dynamics involved was really fucking complex, especially when many clients wanted to run heterogeneous mixtures (e.g. with caramel, nuts, etc., not just the soft serve.)

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
One of my former roommates was a mechanical engineer; his dream was always building airplanes.

He took a job with one of the companies that manufactured these machines as a stopgap. He thought it was going to be relatively easy at first, but he quickly realized the fluid dynamics involved was really fucking complex, especially when many clients wanted to run heterogeneous mixtures (e.g. with caramel, nuts, etc., not just the soft serve.)
yea, isn't that why everything else is a topping or a squirt, i mean caramel is actually semi liquid sugar, that shit will fuck up any sort of piping.